• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Cameray

Hopefully I’ve posted this thread in the right forum...:cat:

Perpetually Grouchy ‘Gangsta Cat’ Seeks A ‘Homey For Life’

1501419GangstaCatPortrait.jpg

Oliver Julius, nicknamed "Gangsta Cat" for his habit of hissing at potential adopters
Almost everyone loves Internet celebrity Grumpy Cat, but it takes a special kind of owner to open their heart and home to a rescue kitty who is perpetually grumpy and absolutely loathes humans.

Unfortunately, a 9-year-old rescue cat by the name of Oliver Julius, or OJ for short, is so hard to place due to his habit of hissing at potential adopters that his foster mother, Rose Hilliard, nicknamed him “Gangsta Cat” and put up fliers in the Astoria neighborhood in Queens in the hope that someone would want to take this grumpy feline home, reports PIX 11 News.

However, instead of tugging at feline fanciers’ heartstrings, Hilliard thought it better to tickle their funny bone instead.
gangsta.jpg

The full text (in case you can't make it out) reads:

"I may not look like it, but I am one badass mother f*cker. I only accept petting when I feel like it. If you try to pet me when I'm not in the mood, I will hiss at a bitch. Because f*ck you, I do what I want.

You would too if you had it rough like me. My punk ass family abandoned me outside in subzero degree weather in a cat carrier, and then the animal shelter that was supposed to find me a home sent me to death row. I was saved by a nice cat rescue and am now kicking it at my foster home. But no one will adopt me because whenever I meet new people and they pet me, I hiss at them. I'm also old as hell (9 years). In cat years that's way too old for any of this bullsh*t, so you'll just have to understand why I'm a cranky old man.

Not cuddly enough for you? Then move along, son. There must be someone in all of New York who will appreciate a badass (and okay, sometimes sweet) cat who does not give a f*ck. Call my foster mom Rose at 646-XXX-XXXX if you want me to grace your couch with my little orange nutsack. Peace."

Thankfully, the rescue Anjellicle Cats Rescue Inc. removed him from the pound and he’s been living with his foster mother ever since.

While OJ is the living embodiment of the motto “I do what I want” and has a tendency to hiss at potential adopters, this real-life grumpy cat isn’t a curmudgeon 24/7. Hilliard told Gothamist that when he lets his guard down, he’s a total sweetheart.

Even though OJ is a grouchy old man, we’re pretty sure there’s a cat-loving New Yorker who would love to adopt a feline who is the embodiment of the city’s tough-as-nails attitude.

If you’re interested in adopting “Gangsta Cat,” you can fill out an application on Anjellicle Cats Rescue Inc.’s official website.

And the poster seems to be working!

Adoption posters for 'Gangsta Cat' go viral

gangsta-cat.jpg

Sounds like Slinky, our shop cat. She hates all human, except me, customers try to pet her and she loses her shit, scratches, bites, then runs over to my counter and gets onto my lap.

cjHdqhTbYam_JcatDT0kiL2cVfyjcHw50WKRoewo5LA=s192-p-no
Slinky sleeping in my sewing box.

<3 awe! I love him ... he sounds exactly like me :kiss: we are kindred spirits.
We have so much in common... I like Gangsta am a Leo, New Yorker and an asshole :nana:

Sounds like Slinky, our shop cat. She hates all human, except me, customers try to pet her and she loses her shit, scratches, bites, then runs over to my counter and gets onto my lap.

cjHdqhTbYam_JcatDT0kiL2cVfyjcHw50WKRoewo5LA=s192-p-no
Slinky sleeping in my sewing box.

She's a tortie, that explains it all. Our feline "Ruler of all she surveys" is a tortie, too. She got pissed at a former roomie and punched her in the nose & it swelled up. She pretty much has thinned the squirrel population to the break point, but becomes a total "Daddy's Girl" when she comes in. She's also claimed the master bathroom as her room.

She's a tortie, that explains it all. Our feline "Ruler of all she surveys" is a tortie, too. She got pissed at a former roomie and punched her in the nose & it swelled up. She pretty much has thinned the squirrel population to the break point, but becomes a total "Daddy's Girl" when she comes in. She's also claimed the master bathroom as her room.
what's a queen without her throne!

She's a tortie, that explains it all
Really? Her color is what makes the difference? I'm feline stupid.

Slinky is mean and very protective, over me, weird cat because I hated her at first, now she's grown on me but that's only after a year. We've had "power struggles" and I think she realized that I can be a bigger bitch so it was in her bets interest to befriend me, you know, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer kind of thing.

All my cats think they're badasses; they're just fat, spoiled lap cats. Squirt bites when you try to pet him, Sophia pees on the curtains, Raj just pulls the curtains down...they are Nazi cats; obey or pay the consequences!

I have a rescue cat who lives in my bedroom. I got her 6-7 years ago, she was a severe abuse rescue. For 2 years she lived in the "new cat" room; she hid in the closet and only came out when noone was in the room. Gradually she got used to me sitting in the room reading. After about 5 years, she let me pet her; last year she let me pick her up! Patience and more patience; my reward is to hear her purr and feel her lick my hand. I don't give up on anyone or anything that needs love, patience, safety and security!

I attract cats. Dunno why, but I can be sitting down reading the paper and if there are cats within a city block...they WILL find me, sit with me, rub on me and sometimes pee on my leg. I'm sure our Mother finds it amusing.

Last year I buried a cat we had for twenty years. She was found in a tree stump and was only a week or so old so we bottle fed her and did all the things a mommy cat would do so one would think she would be all cuddly and shit but nope. You'd walk by her minding your own and she'd hiss at you and sometimes run(in the house. Never saw her do that outside) . But a very tall man could walk in and she would be all interested and check em out and if he would allow, she'd be up on his shoulders. Only in her last several years did she become a loving pussycat. Miss her.

I miss my Mamsie, she was black and white and so smart. She just disappeared a few years ago. I kept her as my avatar for a long time. She could crap like a cow, tho, and the smell......whooooo! LOL

My husband was getting gas and someone just drove up on the parking lot and let her loose, she came directly over and got in the car with him, and Daddycat brought her home. She was "with child" so that is why she was named Mamsie. She had 5 of the cutest kittens you ever saw. Some people deserve to be drawn and quartered but then I wouldn't have ever had Mamsie.

Latest posts

Back