• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
They aren’t sure his breed, his age or even the color of his fur, but all of the veterinarians at Westheimer Animal Clinic Bellaire know that Pete was near death.

“When you touched him he would bleed,” said Dr. Mike Huddleston, a veterinarian at the clinic. “He came in just dripping blood.”

Scabs have formed a second skin on Pete’s body, causing him to bleed. Large open wounds cover his legs and paws.

Pete had a severe case of mange.

His former owners used motor oil to try to cure the skin disease, Huddleston believed. He said the dog reeked of oil when it arrived at the clinic Friday.

“One of the misconceptions about treating mange is you pour some type of oil, usually motor oil on the patient,” said the doctor.

The owners were the ones who dropped Pete off to the animal shelter. Both Liberda and Huddleston want to see those owners charged and prosecuted for animal abuse.

“The irony of this whole thing is this dog loves people,” Huddleston said. “Even after all that abuse and stuff he’ll lick you in the face and give you kisses.”

Pete has a long road to recovery. He’ll be available for adoption once his wounds heal, he’s neutered and chipped.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...ff-at-animal-clinic-with-severe-case-of-mange
Pete%20with%20bad%20case%20of%20mange_1517280877629.jpg_11578883_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

. The owners were the ones who dropped Pete off to the animal shelter. Both Liberda and Huddleston want to see those owners charged and prosecuted for animal abuse.
I don't.
Maybe some education but not charges.

The dog should be put down. If he had been dropped off in perfect health, no one would have taken a second look. He would stay the required days and be put down.
Why waste the resources to treat this.
Of wait... I know why... Donations

Back