• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
25zrtdd.jpg

Tracey Grissom claims she was a victim of domestic violence at the hands of her ex-husband.
1q36uo.jpg

Tracey Grissom, who was convicted of murdering her ex-husband Hunter Grissom back in May of 2012, was sentenced to 25 years in jail.
2w4zb7t.jpg

Former juror Janice Kelley said Grissom didn't get a fair trial because jurors weren't allowed to hear about the rape rape and sodomy Grissom experienced at the hands of ex-husband.​

[...]
convicted Alabama murderer wept openly on Tuesday as she was hauled away to serve a 25-year jail sentence for killing her ex-husband.

“It’s not fair, it’s not fair!” Tracey Grissom wailed after a Tuscaloosa judge rejected her probation plea and ordered her taken away
[...]
even though one of the jurors in the case changed her mind about delivering a guilty verdict.
[...]
a jury convicted Grissom of shooting and killing her ex-husband Hunter Grissom at a Binion Creek boat landing in broad daylight back in May 2012, WRBL reports. Prosecutors argued that she did it to collect a $103,000 life insurance policy. But Tracey has maintained that Hunter approached her menacingly on that fateful day and that she shot her ex in self-defense after a relationship filled with domestic abuse.

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” the mom cried as news cameras followed her through a courthouse
[...]
“All I did was protect myself.”
[...]
County Circuit Court Judge John England wouldn’t allow jurors to hear details about the rape and sodomy that Tracey alleged suffered at Hunter’s hands. The ex-husband was charged for the assault in 2010.
[...]
strict rules were lifted during the sentencing hearing, and Tracey took the stand to tell her side of the story
[...]
She said that Hunter had knocked her to the ground during the 2010 assault and choked her with a drumstrick before sexually abusing her until she was unconscious.
[...]
attack allegedly caused rectal nerve damage and required surgery. At one point, Tracey pulled up her shirt to reveal a colostomy bag.

“He told me that he would make it to where nobody would ever want me,” Tracey said.

The domestic violence counselor that Tracey turned to after the alleged attack testified that the injuries the woman sustained were some of the worst she’d seen in a 20-year career.
“I was horrified,”
[...]
“She had been subjected to a very vicious and very brutal assault. She was constantly on guard, experienced panic attacks and was jumpy. She had horrible night terrors. I felt she about to be put in a lethal situation and was terrified for her life.”

In a surprising turn of events, one of the jurors who studied the case told
[...]
that Grissom didn’t get a fair trial.

Former juror Janice Kelley said she would have delivered a different verdict if she had known details about the alleged rape.

“I feel I made a mistake. If I had to do it over again, we'd have had a hung jury,”
[...]
“We didn't get her side. She did not get a fair trial.”
Grissom’s lawyer, Warren Freeman, is promising to appeal the decision, telling
[...]
that a photo was unfairly leaked to the jury. Freeman wouldn’t elaborate about the photo.

Hunter’s family lashed back, claiming that Tracey deserved a harsher sentence.

“I can only pray that you see how psychotic this woman really is,” Hunter’s sister Chloe stated in a letter to the judge. “She is the most selfish human being on this planet.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ged-jail-killing-ex-husband-article-1.1929759

Don't know about her, but I'd say he was psycho, families seldom seem to find fault with their own
Seems she got out of a car and started shooting, she could've just driven away
so the guilty verdict makes sense

Last edited:
During her July trial, Grissom's attorney Warren Freeman said she was acting in self-defense and shot the man because she was suffering from a post-traumatic stress after he allegedly abused and sexually assaulted her in the past.

Assistant attorney general Stephanie Billingslea showed evidence that Grissom found her ex-husband at his place of work, though, and shot him six times in the back. Billingslea said self-defense had nothing to do with it, and Grissom killed the man to cash in on a $103,000 life insurance policy.

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/09/tracey_grissom_sentenced_to_25.html

Don't know about her, but I'd say he was psycho, families seldom seem to find fault with their own
Seems she got out of a car and started shooting, she could've just driven away
so the guilty verdict makes sense
Agreed. Though I can hardly muster up any indignant, self-righteous rage towards her for apparently murdering him in cold blood, if she has to shit into a plastic bag for the rest of her life thanks to him.

She drove to the boat landing to take pics of him to use in her case against him for child support bc he built docks and was trying to say he didn't work from what I've read. I'm not judging her for doing that or even doubting that he raped her, but the fact is she was wrong and rightfully punished. Sadly their child is with no parents now and being raised by his parents who think he is an angel and don't even acknowledge what he did to her. Nobody won here.

County Circuit Court Judge John England wouldn’t allow jurors to hear details about the rape and sodomy that Tracey alleged suffered at Hunter’s hands. The ex-husband was charged for the assault in 2010.

That is such bullshit. This woman did not get a fair trial.
I'm not saying she's not guilty, but these are important facts and deserve to be heard. He raped her so hard she has a colostomy bag, what the hell were you thinking, judge?

Assistant attorney general Stephanie Billingslea showed evidence that Grissom found her ex-husband at his place of work, though, and shot him six times in the back. Billingslea said self-defense had nothing to do with it, and Grissom killed the man to cash in on a $103,000 life insurance policy.
6 times in the back seems to say that it wasn't self-defense. You hardly have to use deadly force to defend yourself against someone who has their back to you.

With that said, a battered woman's defense seems like it should have carried some weight. It's not a stretch that a woman who has been terribly beaten would eventually kill her abuser but saying self defense when the shots in the back don't make for a very convincing self defense argument.

That is such bullshit. This woman did not get a fair trial.
I'm not saying she's not guilty, but these are important facts and deserve to be heard. He raped her so hard she has a colostomy bag, what the hell were you thinking, judge?
I think the same thing! Why was he not in jail for doing that to her!?

If two wrongs make a right, her children are better off with out her.
The fact that a violent rapist was never convicted is after two years has a responsibility in final crime.
There is the stench obstruction of justice, and still needing a colon colostomy bag TWO years after the initial attack is heart breaking.
Would love to hear the prosecutors justification from the case against Hunter Grissom.
Is 2 years normal for a rape case?

Thanks for pointing out my flawed assumptions!
I'm afraid the Judge was obligated to protect the victim (sic), she has earned my pity and the punishment fits the crime.
She also could be thanked, if not for her motherless child. That was pure selfishness.
Edit, I can't seem to find where she got a restraining order?
I sympathize with the plight of battered wife syndrome, but an attempt must be made to stand up to ass-fucks to insulate the child. Then again, I've never been violently raped...

Last edited:
Sometimes, your train of thought is derailed when constantly under the abusive thumb. It pushes beyond pain and reason..

She did not report the rape because he had threatened her life, the news site reported.
So how did she explain her injuries to the hospital? She had to tell them SOMETHING, and I would think that it would be pretty obvious that she had been brutally raped. I'm curious as to how she could "not report the rape".

I'm curious as to how she could "not report the rape".
beans has a valid point. But the lack of a restraining order is what get's me.
When reason over takes self-preservation, giving up is still a bad way to deal with abuse.

My logic is that being raised by a single parent is probably 10000x better than being raised by two parents where one is raping the other to the point of internal damage.

(< raised by single parent)

So how did she explain her injuries to the hospital? She had to tell them SOMETHING, and I would think that it would be pretty obvious that she had been brutally raped. I'm curious as to how she could "not report the rape".

She could easily just say they were having rough sex. If she told the hospital it was due to rape, the hospital would have obligation to report abuse. Unfortunately most women don't report rape from their spouse because they are either being threatened by said spouse, or they're afraid they won't be taken seriously. A slap on the hand punishment from the law will just make your raper more angry.

The father's family claims he had no contact with her, his cell phone did not ping anywhere near her home the night she says he raped her, and she didn't report it was him for two years. It all sounds fishy to me, but I don't see how she injured herself in that way. Regardless, the man is dead and can't defend himself against her allegations.

Why the fuck did her defense attorney not put her on the stand and have her reveal the past abuse, have her show her colostomy bag to the jurors? That woulda had some major effect and sway no matter what the prosecutor said or whether or not the judge told em to disregard.

Mindboggling.

Fuck this guy. She should get a full pass on this.

Could be his sister is correct, she is the nut & not him
Seems her version is all unsubstantiated and if her issues are are not do to a medical procedure it would be've been easy for the defense to refute
There may not have been any abuse
Seems there may be no proof of it
And lot of BS from her
He may be the real victim

Also, the prosecution claims her problems began due to an elective labiaplasty she says was to prevent infections.

http://murderpedia.org/female.G/g/grissom-tracey.htm

This is wrong on so many levels. If the jury is going to hear the facts...they need to hear all the facts. I agree with the juror...if I had been on the jury and voted to convict...then later found out the information that was intentionally kept out of the trial...I would wish to change my vote to at least a lesser charge. I hope she wins an appeal. Someone should start a petition. I'd like to hear all the facts. I have no doubt she was terrified of him after the injuries he caused her which created substantial injuries, surgeries and pain...a colostomy bag??? He really caused some internal damage raping her. The jury should have had this information to make an informed decision. IMHO

This is wrong on so many levels. If the jury is going to hear the facts...they need to hear all the facts. I agree with the juror...if I had been on the jury and voted to convict...then later found out the information that was intentionally kept out of the trial...I would wish to change my vote to at least a lesser charge. I hope she wins an appeal. Someone should start a petition. I'd like to hear all the facts. I have no doubt she was terrified of him after the injuries he caused her which created substantial injuries, surgeries and pain...a colostomy bag??? He really caused some internal damage raping her. The jury should have had this information to make an informed decision. IMHO
But the abuse is not a fact
Just her version, seems the prosecution put to rest

I don't know man.
She gives me a weird feeling.
I don't think I fully believe her story.

ETA: I think they're both nuts. . .

I keep going back and forth on this one, maybe I am wrong but usually if your defense is battered women syndrome you can claim abuse that wasn't necessarily documented. I would think if the evidence wasn't allowed it would be because there was proof that it wasn't true, and even if she didn't report it there would most likely be medical evidence that her injurys were from sexual abuse.

i6h1xy.jpg
--
[...]
Tuscaloosa judge denied Friday an attorney's request for a new trial or sentencing for Tracey Grissom, the woman convicted last month of murder for the 2012 shooting death of her ex-husband.
Judge John England listened to attorney Warren Freeman's 18 points arguing the need for a new trial and refuted them one by one, except for one, which England said he would review alongside a transcript of the trial and all its hearings.

The lion's share of Freeman's points stemmed from the desire to present evidence that England did not allow into the courtroom during the week-long trial
[...]
Hunter Grissom, the murder victim, was charged with first-degree rape, sodomy and wrongful imprisonment for allegedly assaulting Grissom sexually after their divorce
[...]
Freeman was not allowed to discuss the details of the alleged assault during the murder trial, and evidence he said was relevant was ruled inadmissible, including details of the rectal and vaginal damage done to Tracey Grissom during the assault, testimony from doctors and a rape counselor and the 32-year-old's own account of what her ex-husband did to her.

"I could not do my job for my client because we were not allowed to tell the jury my client's story,"
[...]
"I felt as someone whose hands were tied. We could not project her story, and with that, I was rendered ineffective."

England was unsympathetic, however, and essentially said that Freeman tied his own hands when he chose to argue that Tracey Grissom killed her husband in self-defense. England said the details of the alleged assault may have been allowed if Freeman had instead said that Tracey acted in the heat of passion or because of post-traumatic stress disorder.
[...]
also asked England for a new sentencing hearing from Grissom, upset that the judge denied his motion in September to extend the first hearing to allow further testimony.

England denied him, saying he and the jury heard all they needed to during the first sentencing hearing, which lasted five hours.

"That's four and a half hours longer than most of my other sentencing hearings," England said.
[...]
heard from Freeman and the prosecution, led by assistant attorney general Stephanie Billingslea, on of the defense's 18 reasons for a new trial and dismissed them, standing by his original rulings and decisions. He advised Freeman of his right to appeal the verdict and ended the hearing.

Grissom was taken out of the courtroom by Tuscaloosa County Sheriffs deputies who were to take her back to the Julia Tutwiler Prison for Women where she is sentenced to spend 25 years. As she was taken away, she lifted up the shirt of her orange prison clothes to show those present the colonoscopy bag she has had to wear since the assault in 2010.

"This is what I live with," she said through tears.
http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/10/judge_denies_convicted_murdere.html#incart_river

"England was unsympathetic, however, and essentially said that Freeman tied his own hands when he chose to argue that Tracey Grissom killed her husband in self-defense. England said the details of the alleged assault may have been allowed if Freeman had instead said that Tracey acted in the heat of passion or because of post-traumatic stress disorder."

Um, isn't self-defense a heat of the moment thing too?

And how does it being self defense mean prior abuse is irrelevant? Her being attacked before and knowing the damage he could do seems mighty relevant to how she chooses to defend herself.

I'll never understand the legal system. Total nonsense.

May 5, 2017
A Tuscaloosa County woman convicted of her ex-husband's 2012 murder will not get a new trial, following an order filed this week by a judge in Tuscaloosa.

Judge John H. England, Jr. denied Tracey Grissom's Rule 32 petition for post-conviction relief.

In March, Grissom's new attorney argued that the previous counsel, for both Grissom's trial and request for appeal, was ineffective. The attorney also argued that the previous counsel failed to present a defense of post-traumatic stress disorder.

England's order says the defendant failed to prove by a preponderance of evidence that her counsel was deficient.

Tracey Grissom was found guilty in 2014 of the shooting death of Hunter Grissom. She is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence.
1578645904508.png
1578645968838.png

Back