• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I say that because the whole situation is strange. He tried to lure multiple kids, he didn't rape her, he let her brother go.

But he did, didn't he? Just because he didn't use his penis, doesn't mean he didn't rape her. JMO.

In my opinion any nonconsensual penetration, be it penis, fingers, object, or otherwise, should be classified as rape and legally treated as such. But that's my opinion.

On that subject though, here is a link that outlines NM's sexual crime classifications for anyone interested.

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...sex-crimes/new-mexico-sexual-battery-laws.htm

In New Mexico, “criminal sexual penetration” and “rape” are synonymous, and occur when someone compels a victim to engage in sexual intercourse against the victim’s will. Aggravated criminal sexual penetration consists of all criminal sexual penetration perpetrated on a child younger than thirteen years old with an intent to kill or while being reckless of human life.

This crime also includes statutory rape, and greater penalties apply to offenses that cause serious bodily harm, or when perpetrator possesses a deadly weapon (discussed below).

(N.M. Code Ann. § 30-9-11.)

I can't imagine what he thought he could accomplish had he gotten 3-4 kids, their sister being even older. It just seems like he was drunk and up for some kiddy diddling but then there's the whole he got out of the car with the tire iron in full view of the little boy? He's the absolute worst.
[doublepost=1462546979,1462546913][/doublepost]

I know what you mean and I understand that maybe he was impotent but his statement just seems off to me.

He is an over achiever

Why is everyone of the belief he didn't rape her? I have no doubt he did rape her after he knocked her out. I'm interested in the autopsy findings on this issue. Just because he said he didn't penetrate her with his dick doesn't make it the truth. It didn't take him an hour to walk off with her, take her pants and panties off, digitally penetrate her then hit her with the tire iron twice. All that took place in the first five minutes. Also she was found naked. Not just from the waist down. What did he do to her the other 45 minutes...when he was away with her for about an hour. Sooooo many questions unanswered.

Why is everyone of the belief he didn't rape her? I have no doubt he did rape her after he knocked her out. I'm interested in the autopsy findings on this issue. Just because he said he didn't penetrate her with his dick doesn't make it the truth. It didn't take him an hour to walk off with her, take her pants and panties off, digitally penetrate her then hit her with the tire iron twice. All that took place in the first five minutes. Also she was found naked. Not just from the waist down. What did he do to her the other 45 minutes...when he was away with her for about an hour. Sooooo many questions unanswered.

Masterbation over the body is my guess. Sodomy is my worst nightmare.

Many rapists kill their victims when they can't perform the task they planned.

This worries me so much. My youngest is so trusting and wants to be everyones friend. When we first would play the what if game (teaching them survival in stressful situations) he would always say "go with them"). He answers differently now but maybe that's only because I got so upset before. We are going to have family safety training before bed the rest of the week.

We are going to have family safety training before bed the rest of the week.

Try it in more practical situations, otherwise you can do more harm than good.

Make sure your kids just know that adults do not need help from kids, are not friends with kids,

adults do not ask kids to keep secrets. Make sure your kids can say these words, because they

are appropriate responses to a strangers request...I can't help you find your puppy...adults don't

need help from kids. Most adults with bad intentions will pass over the kids who give coherent

responses. Same way a rapist will look at several women and rape the one that looks like the

the weakest. Make sure they know how to get on their backs and kick

their feet, kids that do this are harder to kidnap...make sure you the parents are always calm

when discussing this, so that if something does happen they will come to you because calm

...not freaking out.

Life Without Parole
http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...leads-guilty-ashlynne-mike-killing/529899001/
Begaye was indicted on May 24, 2016, on six counts, including first-degree murder, kidnapping resulting in death, two counts of aggravated sexual abuse resulting in death and kidnapping of a minor.

Begaye pleaded not guilty to the six charges during a June 7, 2016, hearing and changed his plea to guilty today as part of a plea agreement, according to a U.S. Department of Justice press release.

As part of the plea agreement, Begaye agreed to serve life in prison without the possibility of release.

http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...nne-mikes-father-sues-navajo-nation/96651650/
  • Ashlynne Mike's father has filed a civil complaint against the tribe and its Division of Public Safety and Department of Law Enforcement.
  • Gary Mike's complaint says the tribe had "numerous opportunities" to develop an emergency notification system by using two federal grants.
  • Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye says he does not know why "the previous administration didn’t pursue establishing such a system."

A man who pleaded guilty to the murder and sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl on the largest American Indian reservation has been sentenced to life in prison.

Tom Begaye was sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for the May 2016 killing of Ashlynne Mike on the Navajo Nation.

Authorities say Begaye lured Mike and her brother into his van before killing the girl and allowing the boy to escape. The girl's brother told police the man took them deep into the desert and then walked off with the girl and a tire iron in hand before returning alone.

Begaye told investigators he sexually assaulted the girl and hit her twice in the head with a crowbar, and that she was still moving when he left her in the desert, according to court documents.

Her body was later found in an area near the Arizona-New Mexico border.

The death led to pending federal legislation that would expand the Amber Alert system to tribal communities and calls for Navajo Nation to end its opposition to the death penalty.

Ashlynne was reported missing, but an Amber Alert didn't go out until the next day. The Navajo Nation and many other Native American tribes oppose the death penalty.

Begaye pleaded guilty in August. Ashlynne's father, Gary Mike, said after the hearing that the guilty pleas were a turning point for the family that has struggled since the killing.

"We all know that this person is guilty," he said. "He finally admitted it today."

Under the plea agreement, Begaye faced a mandatory life sentence without parole.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-sentenced-to-life-in-sex-assault-murder-of-navajo-nation-girl/

A New Mexico man serving a life sentence for kidnapping and killing an 11-year-old girl in 2016 had his appeal dismissed after a judge ruled that he failed to file his motion in time.

Tom Begaye Jr. was sentenced in 2017 to life in prison with no possibility of parole after he pleaded guilty to murder, kidnapping and aggravated sexual abuse.

Begaye admitted sexually abusing 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike and kidnapping her nine-year-old brother Ian Mike on May 2, 2016, authorities have said. Ashlynne Mike's body was found the next day.

Begaye in his requests after he was convicted asked for the opportunity to plead guilty to a lesser offense and a reduced prison sentence, according to court documents.

He claimed in his handwritten motions mailed from a midwestern penitentiary that he did not know his rights when he underwent a psychiatric evaluation, that he did not understand the law and that his federal public defender was incompetent.

The judge ruled Begaye made his requests too late and did not provide reasons why he thought his lawyer was ineffective.

The judge said the motions should have been filed by October 2018 but were sent in June 2019.

Here I was hoping the update was his prison murder.
Oh well there is always tomorrow.
Agree that would have been nice, but failed appeals are always good too. I picture them getting the official letter in the mail and all giddy with anticipation...then hopes smashed to the ground. Ha

Plus any update is better than expecting an ACTUAL update and getting some enlightening, “What an asshole” comment.

Agree that would have been nice, but failed appeals are always good too. I picture them getting the official letter in the mail and all giddy with anticipation...then hopes smashed to the ground. Ha

Plus any update is better than expecting an ACTUAL update and getting some enlightening, “What an asshole” comment.
Yeah not a big fan of people waking a thread unless it is an update or a morally outraged turnip looking to go on defense!

If it is a true life sentence I want him to live a long life rotting away in a prison cell.

Appeals are interesting because you get the pathetic attempts to get these monsters out of prison and you get more information on the crime.

Back