• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/c...cle_3b95b8fd-37b3-5a79-8f79-c6c579a9f0e9.html
BRISTOL, Tenn.—The Bible Truth Baptist Church in Bristol, Tennessee, has been dissolved as its pastor faces child rape charges, according to authorities.

The church, which was located at the intersection of Paperville Road and Valley Drive, became inactive and terminated on Thursday, according to the Tennessee secretary of state.

Also on Thursday, David Lee St. John, 59, turned himself in at the Sullivan County jail on three counts of rape of a child and six counts of aggravated sexual battery.

At the request of Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agents began investigating St. John on a complaint of sexual assault of two 8-year-old girls. City police originally received the complaint, but it was handed over to the TBI because St. John was then the utility services manager for the city of Bristol, Tennessee.

"During the course of the investigation, agents developed information that between April 18 and April 19, St. John had sexual contact with two victims who are both under the age of 13," the TBI said in a news release.
[....]
St. John is listed on the Bible Truth Baptist Church’s now inactive nonprofit corporation listing, which notes that it was originally filed in 2012.

Staubus was not aware of the church's status, but said it was a small church.

City Manager Bill Sorah said Friday that St. John, who was hired by the city in 1999, turned in his resignation Tuesday.

He is being held in the county jail on a $100,000 bond. Arraignment is scheduled Tuesday. (Article is from 4/30)
5724309f4e61a.image%201_zpsc8sun0t4.jpg

This old fuck looks familiar but didn't come up in a search of our threads.

I'm glad Catholics have more faith in the face of evil than this congregation....yes I am.
[doublepost=1462481065,1462478845][/doublepost]Thanks for the like @Satanica, I'm really grateful about it, there are so many rituals of our faith that I love, to let those assholes wreck it for me.

I'm glad Catholics have more faith in the face of evil than this congregation....yes I am.

lol, Catholics don't have faith, they have perpetual compunction, so of course someone else's doesn't scare them off. :hilarious:

Seriously, though, there are plenty of Baptist churches in Tenn. I'm sure the congregation just went elsewhere.

If Tennessee is anything like Ga there's a Baptist church on every other corner. Catholics, few and far between.

Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, AME, Lutheran, Jehovah Witnesses, a couple small Catholic churches, and some Jewish people, but for the most part I think we all are heathens. :D

Wonder if these were relatives or kids from the church

Denominations are fucking dumb as shit.

when Young Life

That's a cult.

One woman told me that it was perfectly OK for her to park there since she was going to worship, even if it was at another church, because were all there for God weren't we.

Smart woman, 100% true. Kinda sickening folks would be so petty as to get wigged out over parking spaces when they're about to go into church and focus on god and worship and whatnot. Priorities.

Really Jack? Thanks so much for that valuable nugget... Yes, much better that the actual parishioners of a church have to walk two blocks down and across an incredibly busy four lane road to park because some lazy-assed bitch wanted to be closer and took a spot at our church. Had she gone two blocks down to park she wouldn't have even had to cross the exceptionally busy road whereas she did have to cross it to park in our lot. Sure, makes perfect sense. :banghead: Thanks for once again voicing an opinion that not one single soul gives an actual fuck over. You just keep on staying the same trollish jackass, we might go into cardiac arrest if you didn't. :finger:

Very christian response. Perhaps you shoulda paid closer attention in your youth group cult.

I love being Catholic...I love the all the bell and smells, the prayers and every other ritual of our faith...which you're wrong about ... I have boat loads of faith.

"I love all the customs and shiny things... But, I swear, it's faith!" ;)

I'm just giving Catholics a hard time. I'm a recovering Catholic myself, born and baptized into the church. Catholics don't have faith, they have fear and guilt that they get occasionally distracted from by big hats and incense during mass, and a scotch afterward. :hilarious:

Wow...I resent that. I have faith in God...I go to mass because I love the room.

Oh, Lith, nothing I say is worth the effort of resentment. I'm an atheist. Your faith or lack thereof is of absolutely no matter to me. I'm quite sure you're a fine Catholic... whatever that may be. :angelic:

Sounds like you guys have ten different versions of Christianity all competing on the same street in every town in the country.

I didn't even know Episcopalian was a thing til I saw it when first reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. I had to Google it.

I can't imagine it - having so many open worshiper's, flooding into so many mildly different variations on the same theme, in different buildings, scattered all over the shop.

Although I do like entering the big old Catholic and Protestant churches. Especially the Catholic ones. Very beautiful buildings, despite the symbology they offer - all that money given to the church and it got spent, for hundreds and hundreds of years on making the church look evermore grand and imposing.

The hoard that the Vatican sits on, could probably feed every single last African for the rest of their days comfortably - but nah, better that they keep sitting on, and growing that obscene wealth.

Down here, you don't start up a donut shop (unless you're Korean), a daycare, a fruit stand, a whatever. You start a church, by god! They're literally everywhere.

Now that I'm moving to the South, in striking distance of Appalachia, I'm wondering if I can find a way to witness some snake shakers in the flesh. Without getting pitchforked to death.

Sigh... they probably wouldn't even let me in the building with this hair of mine. I had an old woman at the store a couple of weeks ago stare me down like she was going to scream "Witch!!! Burn her!!!" any second.

It was awesome.

There's a very definite breakdown of age groups when it comes to what my hair conjures for some people. Old enough to talk - 30, superhero. 31 - 80, Lily Munster/Bride of Frankenstein (Morticia and Elvira get referenced frequently despite their lack of a grey streak). 80+, evil witch. :zombie:

Now that I'm moving to the South, in striking distance of Appalachia, I'm wondering if I can find a way to witness some snake shakers in the flesh. Without getting pitchforked to death.

Sigh... they probably wouldn't even let me in the building with this hair of mine. I had an old woman at the store a couple of weeks ago stare me down like she was going to scream "Witch!!! Burn her!!!" any second.

It was awesome.

There's a very definite breakdown of age groups when it comes to what my hair conjures for some people. Old enough to talk - 30, superhero. 31 - 80, Lily Munster/Bride of Frankenstein (Morticia and Elvira get referenced frequently despite their lack of a grey streak). 80+, evil witch. :zombie:

You're going to be in ATL though right? 70% of them are transplants so you'll be fine. The gay men there will have much more flare than you. :D

You're going to be in ATL though right? 70% of them are transplants so you'll be fine. The gay men there will have much more flare than you. :D

Oh, yeah, I'll be fine in Atlanta. It's just that my hopes of stepping into a backwoods Pentecostal church will require a wig. :p

November 17, 2016

A Bristol man pleaded guilty on multiple child rape charges in Sullivan County Criminal Court Thursday.

David Lee St. John, 60, was sentenced to 30 years after he pleaded guilty to six counts of aggravated sexual battery and three counts of rape of child.

St. John, who was arrested in April of this year, had sexual contact with two victims who are both under the age of 13.

Assistant District Attorney William Harper said St. John is not eligible for parole.

“He will serve 30 years in the Department of Corrections,” he said. “He will also have to register as a vi-olent sex offender and be placed on probation for life—if he is ever released from prison.”

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/f...cle_afbcc8e8-acde-11e6-b25f-a7a4fb0966cf.html

Latest posts

Back