• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wcvb.com/news/pig-attacks-2-people-on-farm-1-victim-fighting-for-his-life/39371266
TOWNSEND, Mass. —A 225-pound pig that attacked and seriously injured a man less than two hours after attacking a woman at a Massachusetts farm will be put down.

Townsend Police Chief Robert M. Eaton Jr. said his department was investigating "two very unfortunate farm incidents" in the town about 50 miles northwest of Boston.

Police and emergency responders were called to the farm Tuesday evening for a report of an injured woman.

Shannon Hernandez, 38, suffered lacerations on her body from an apparent pig attack. She was taken to a hospital for further treatment.

“He broke out of his pen to get to the girls in heat,” Shannon Hernandez said. “They can get edgy and aggressive when it comes to the females in heat. I got him into his barn to get him locked into his stall. He turned around and started coming at me.”

Less than two hours later, rescuers were called to the same location for a report of a man who had received more serious injuries from the same animal.

Jose Hernandez, 50, suffered life-threatening injuries, but is expected to survive. He is being treated at UMass Memorial Medical Center and was upgraded to stable condition Wednesday
[....]
The pig, a 5-year-old male named Boss, was quarantined pending further evaluation on Wednesday by the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture, State Veterinarian, Animal Rescue League and Townsend Animal Control.

Boss will be put down, officials said Wednesday afternoon. The animal will be tested for rabies as a precaution.

"He is my pet but, he’s done this twice within an hour so I’ve got to make a decision," Shannon Hernandez said.

There's video at the link.

I predicted a pig uprising many years ago shortly after reading Animal Farm, and with the number of ferrel and domestic hogs in this country we should all be very, very concerned:shifty:

Pigs and Hogs can be very dangerous, the neighbors, when we lived way out in the country, had a particularly big one that kept getting out of his pen and coming to visit, he would walk around our house and look in the windows. LOL

ETA: Oh yeah there was that time my big dummy of a husband decided he was "going to take that hog home". I don't know if he thought it was just a really big overgrown dog, but that hog treed him on top of a car until the owner mosied down to get it. LOL That happened 30 years ago, but I still think it is funny.

Last edited:
A five-year-old boar, huh? It'll not only be tough as an old boot, it'll smell about as appetizing as that boot too.

--Al

We have wild hogs where I live. When I go deep in the woods I usually carry 2 pistols. A .357 is the main gun and I carry my Beretta for a New York reload. Those bastards are big and mean.

This, is how we discovered pigs are delicious.
By killing them in retaliation for attacks on the innocent.
Let it stand as a warning to all delicious creatures.
You better be damned nice to us humans.

I have a pig. His name is Bruce Hambell. He will be 1 in June. About 35-40lbs. He's neutered and has never been aggressive. Some pigs def are but he's chill. He's a pain in the ass tho lol. Size of a dog, attitude of a cat, and smart as a toddler.

Back