• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

amac

Trusted Member
John was not the biological father (shock) and the couple had just recently moved to Blanco, TX. The baby was taken to the hospital via Flight for Life yesterday and placed on life support, but sadly passed away today. Both the baby and the 2-year-old girl show signs indicative of sexual abuse and all three children show signs of chronic physical abuse. :(

http://www.kvue.com/mb/news/local/p...red-sex-physical-abuse-before-dying/174334329

Nu8k9Li.jpg

BLANCO COUNTY, TEXAS - As law enforcement and child protective services continue to investigate the death of a Blanco toddler, the arrest affidavit for the child’s parents have revealed allegations of possible sexual abuse and other injuries the 1-year-old child suffered before dying in the hospital Thursday.

Blanco Police said the toddler’s mother, Jamie Petronella, 23, and her boyfriend John Lawrence, 24, called police Tuesday night to report the girl was unresponsive after she was allegedly injured playing with a 2-year-old sibling.

Police said when they arrived, they found the child laying in the middle of the living room floor with Lawrence attempting to perform CPR on the child. According to the arrest affidavit, police said bruises were on both sides of the child’s mouth along with a large dried wound on her face.

Police said in the arrest affidavit that Lawrence told Blanco Police Chief Mike Ritchey at the scene that a large bruise on the 1-year-old’s forehead was caused by him trying to “rub” it away in order to diminish the effects of the bruise.

The 1-year-old child was flown by helicopter to University Hospital in San Antonio. According to the arrest affidavit, the child’s treating physician said the child’s injuries were due to a cerebral hemorrhage, indicating trauma to the head.

In addition, the physician told law enforcement that the child has a spinal injury in the c5-c6 area and bruising to the face with contusions on the temple and a fracture of one arm.

According to the arrest affidavit, Child Protective Services were told by the treating physician that there were injuries that were consistent with sexual assault in the doctor’s opinion. CPS told police that the two other children, a 3-year-old boy and a 2-year-old girl, in Petronella and Lawrence’s care were taken to a hospital and there was evidence of sexual assault on the girl, 2, as well.

The arrest affidavit said CPS had investigated the family a few days prior to the incident after the boy suffered a broken arm.

Both Petronella and Lawrence were arrested on a charge of injury to a child through the omissions of seeking medical treatment, preventing injury or sexual assault, or by commission of the offenses.

In an affidavit seeking a search warrant regarding the case, police asked to recover DNA evidence from Lawrence. A separate affidavit showed that law enforcement is searching the home for any “instruments and implements” used to injure a child or commit “aggravated sexual assault.”

The two other children who were in the home are in the custody of Child Protective Services.

The articles below are from yesterday, but contain additional info.

http://keyetv.com/news/local/blanco-county-couple-facing-charges-in-death-of-1-year-old-daughter

A couple from Blanco County is facing child abuse charges after a 1-year-old girl is put on life support.

According to the Blanco Police Department, the young girl was found unresponsive at the home of 24-year-old John Lawrence and 23-year-old Jamie Petronella.

[...]

"The first officer there recognized there were injuries to the child's face," Blanco Police Chief Mike Ritchey said. "The lower jaw had bruising as did one side of the face."

[...]

Chief Ritchey says there appears to be signs of chronic child abuse. He also says two other children in the home were taken to a San Antonio hospital with signs of abuse.

CPS is taking custody of those two children.

Chief Ritchey says CPS were recently called to the couples home after Petronella's three year-old son broke his arm.

According to Chief Ritchey, the girl's mother and her boyfriend--who is not the girl's father--are currently expected to face injury to a child charges, which would be upgraded to capital murder if the girl dies from her injuries.

"It breaks my heart," Joyce Knoll said. "I hurt all the time because it just started life and now that life is gone. It didn't have a prayer."

Knoll saw the helicopter leave last night, but had no idea who medics were transporting to the hospital.

"I live behind where the helicopter landed," she said. "It came in fast and left quickly and we knew it was something, we just didn't know what it was until today."

[...]

"It impacts it alot," Knoll said. "We are a very close knit community and you hear about something like this. That, that baby has suffered and God knows what those other two suffered."

The Texas Rangers are taking the lead on the investigation.

http://www.ksat.com/news/blanco-police-investigate-possible-child-abuse-case

[...]

Julie Moody, a CPS spokeswoman, said the agency is filing for emergency custody of the children. Moody also said the agency had prior contact with the family, but would not elaborate.

Blanco police Chief Michael Ritchey said the first officer to arrive at an apartment complex told him, "There's something not right about this."

Ritchey said a 1-year-old girl is on life support in the intensive care unit at University Hospital Wednesday and was not expected to survive.

The baby girl suffered bruising to the side of her head, face and lower jaw, and was being treated in the living room by EMS when he arrived, Ritchey said

"It's just horrific. It's hard to deal with when you see that 1-year-old lying on the floor," Ritchey said.

He said two other children, a 2-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy, were in a bedroom.

"They knew something happened, but they didn't know exactly what," Ritchey said.

Those two children were also hospitalized with suspicious injuries, Ritchey said. He said the boy suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and had bruising all over his head. The girl also had bruises and other injuries.

[...]

Last edited:
Baby rape... I give up I held out when the girl was killed at the rocks but now... Nope.. VODKA!

This....

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...22111398.1073741825.100003072139708&source=56

I am no surprised in the least she let her DOM do what he wanted to her kids....his dick was apparently golden to her.

They always do. :shifty: Plus her page is dripping with that typical mixture of immature "I'm a badass bitch" posts and codependent relationship musings. Barf.

One thing that's always a guarantee is that they never have many pictures of their kids, but tons of their DOTM and themselves.

Last edited:
Poor babies. :( Their smirks just prove what unemotional, detached sickos they are. Boy, I'd love to slap those right off their ugly faces.

These are 1 and 2 year old girls. Both in diapers no doubt. How does mom not notice something is wrong down there during diaper changes? Unless he raped them both that day there had to be some signs of abuse... Makes me sick. There is not dick on Earth mightier then the love Inhave for my babies.

This....

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...22111398.1073741825.100003072139708&source=56

I am no surprised in the least she let her DOM do what he wanted to her kids....his dick was apparently golden to her.

There are of course a thousand pics of him and like 4 of the kids.

Ritchey said a 1-year-old girl is on life support in the intensive care unit at University Hospital Wednesday and was not expected to survive.

Why is this title,
baby dies" I do not see where it says the baby died.

... and didn't find any signs of abuse. How did they investigate this family?

This is par for the coarse now a days it seems.

What I want to know is where are the aunts and uncles and grandmas and neighbors? How does no one ever see or notice these things till the kids are dead?

Yet another glittering turd in the pile of CPS failures. My guess is that, like most CPS workers, these employees were overwhelmed by their caseloads and this was yet another instance of them fudging the facts just so they could sign off and move on... It's unconscionable. :(

Last edited:
They can put a boot on your wheel, a club on your steering column and track you with LoJack, all preventative measures for a hunk of metal resting on rubber. Now if we could only demand more preventative measures be put into place for flesh and blood children at risk once they have been brought to the attention of CPS. I begin to believe that CPS stands for nothing more than, Cracks Perpetually Sustained, as far too many children have ended up slipping between them. Quit studying the fucking system, the same system they have studied and formed investigative panel after panel until eventually somewhere down the line and after great expense, when finally called upon have gingerly released their report as to their conclusions. Odds are somewhere in these conclusions that in lieu of hard answers you would find recommendation for further studies and a call for investigative panel C8247J98130.2 to get cracking. What a rounder and so it goes. How many times do they expect to get away with singing the same one note they have sung for decades now?

Last edited:
CPS failed to stop this trainwreck before a child lost her life. Two other very obviously abused children to boot. So sad. RIP baby girl.

They don't look too hard unless there's in your face evidence of shit. If there was no clear evidence of abuse, if docs didn't support it, they'd at best do a welfare check of the home. No obvious visible signs of abuse, no drugs laying out everywhere, no obvious dangerous/unhealthy living conditions, they won't do shit.

these employees were overwhelmed by their caseloads

I call bullshit on the whole, "our caseloads are too many, we can't do our jobs effectively" nonsense that's always used as an excuse. I've been involved in numerous cases trying to get custody of a kid after their shithead parents fuck up(personal info reveal: raised 8, only 2 were from me fucking broads). CPS isn't very helpful to that cause. You'd think if caseloads were truly an issue, they'd seek ways to minimize it. For example, telling family that if they lawyer up, file suit and seek custody on their own before the state files, CPS and the mess that often ensues with it doesn't have to be involved. You'd think they'd tell ya that, but they don't. They actually direct you towards the exact opposite, go out of their way to make you feel it's best left to them and that they ONLY care about what's best for the kid and all will be well. Next thing you know you have a fucking year of foster families, of strangers digging into everyones personal life and failing home studies for trivial, impertinent nonsense, and court hearings and the shit parent being coddled and catered to and given every chance in the world to get their kids back.

I've met and helped a crapton of other good folks who've unfortunately found themselves in similiar situations to my own over the years, the stories are almost always so very similiar. So many of these cases could be handled different, more efficiently, better, if people knew how the system worked and how there's other options available. But they don't, and a big reason for that is cuz CPS doesn't inform people. Odd. You'd think they'd take measures to lessen the heavy burden of excessive caseloads when possible, when another way was presenting itself in the form of a family with the means to legally intervene 100% themselves, if that family only knew how. They don't though.

You'd think they'd be more accomodating when it comes to temporary placements, but they def aren't. I've seen good people, upstanding, wealthy, never been in trouble grandparent fail a homestudy because he wasn't married to his gf of 20 fucking years. Yep, not being married can be reason for a child to be kept in foster care vs with a loving, stable relative. Afterall, if you're not married then the gf/bf can just steal the kid and run off at any time! I wish i was exaggerating or making shit up here.

They really do jack shit to speed up, ease the process/burden, or to avoid a case ending up in their hands in the first place. Yet we're to sympathize and be understanding that heavy caseloads are the problem. If it is one, it's self created by an inefficient and flat out stupidly managed system.

Last edited:
Tracked down the real dads Facebook. He has not had contact with his kids since December. He was in one of the CPS reports. Drug addict they had bucks of piss and shit around the house etc...

These kids never had a chance.

https://www.facebook.com/SladeSlaye...84275696563.1073741826.100001349942208&type=3
[doublepost=1462837184,1462836507][/doublepost]http://kxan.com/2016/05/06/blanco-toddlers-grandmother-says-family-is-grieving/

BARKSDALE, Texas (KXAN) — The grandmother of Sunny Bort, a Blanco 15-month-old who died Thursday morning, says she found out about the death through social media.

“Honestly this is just a nightmare,” Merna Pannell said. “We really don’t know ourselves, how this happened, why this happened.” KXAN’s Kylie McGivern spoke to Pannell Friday at her home in Barksdale, where her son, Vincent Bort, also lives. She said Bort is in the hospital in San Antonio with Sunny’s 3-year-old brother and 2-year-old sister.

Bort hadn’t seen his children since December. Their mother, 23-year-old Jamie Petronella and her boyfriend, John Lawrence, 24, have been charged with injury to a child.

Petronella’s two other children, a 2-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy, were taken to Lawrence’s mother’s home in Canyon Lake when Sunny was taken to the hospital.

Hospital staff indicated Sunny had head trauma as well as a spinal injury. Doctors also noted there was evidence of sexual assault to the child.

“There is an investigation and we hope they figure it out pretty soon for us,” Pannell said. “You ask what kind of parents are these? But when it hits home and you’re the one, it’s your family.”

She says her son is devastated by the death of his one-year-old girl. “He’s holding on and being real positive when he’s around his kids. He lets himself cry when he’s not around them,” Pannell said.

A spokesperson for CPS says the family has a history with the agency. In court filings, the agency was originally called to investigate parents Vincent Bort and Jamie Petronella for “neglectful supervision and physical neglect” of the three children in January 2015.

CPS investigators found human feces, urine and vomit in buckets throughout the home. Bort admitted to using drugs

KXAN sat down with Bort’s uncle, Doug Adair, Friday in Uvalde.

“Thursday we took a little 1-year-old child off life support, that was just brutally beat,” Adair said. “It’s just pure evil.”

Bringing a child into the world is something you never forget, but it’s how Sunny left the Bort family they can’t fully describe.

“Right now the family is in a state of shock but two weeks from now, three weeks from now, a month from now, a year from now, it’s going to be even worse. It’s gonna be harder,” Adair said, confirming he and his family learned about Sunny’s death through social media. He said his niece was tagged on Facebook with a link to the story.

“Nobody knew. We just — we saw it. It wasn’t like you got a phone call, you know, I’ve got terrible news. It was, here’s a story on Facebook, look what’s happening to your family,” Adair, a Baptist minister, said.

The family leaned on him when the time came to say goodbye to Sunny. Thursday, when she was on life support, Adair says he was allowed into the hospital room to help his family pray for Sunny.

“But you know, she was gone,” Adair said, shaking his head. “You know she just… You just can’t prepare yourself to see something like that. It’s not like an adult it’s like — it’s a baby. Just a little child. Who does that?”

Adair told KXAN that, in the midst of an investigation, the family’s only news is coming from watching the news.

“We don’t know. We don’t know what’s happening with Jamie and her boyfriend. We’d like to know. To have some answers,” he said.

The mother and children received support from Family Based Safety Services for the next seven months and during the time Bort and Petronella ended their relationship. CPS records indicate Petronella “demonstrated the ability to be protective of her children

They don't look too hard unless there's in your face evidence of shit. If there was no clear evidence of abuse, if docs didn't support it, they'd at best do a welfare check of the home. No obvious visible signs of abuse, no drugs laying out everywhere, no obvious dangerous/unhealthy living conditions, they won't do shit.

I call bullshit on the whole, "our caseloads are too many, we can't do our jobs effectively" nonsense that's always used as an excuse. I've been involved in numerous cases trying to get custody of a kid after their shithead parents fuck up(personal info reveal: raised 8, only 2 were from me fucking broads). CPS isn't very helpful to that cause. You'd think if caseloads were truly an issue, they'd seek ways to minimize it. For example, telling family that if they lawyer up, file suit and seek custody on their own before the state files, CPS and the mess that often ensues with it doesn't have to be involved. You'd think they'd tell ya that, but they don't. They actually direct you towards the exact opposite, go out of their way to make you feel it's best left to them and that they ONLY care about what's best for the kid and all will be well. Next thing you know you have a fucking year of foster families, of strangers digging into everyones personal life and failing home studies for trivial, impertinent nonsense, and court hearings and the shit parent being coddled and catered to and given every chance in the world to get their kids back.

I've met and helped a crapton of other good folks who've unfortunately found themselves in similiar situations to my own over the years, the stories are almost always so very similiar. So many of these cases could be handled different, more efficiently, better, if people knew how the system worked and how there's other options available. But they don't, and a big reason for that is cuz CPS doesn't inform people. Odd. You'd think they'd take measures to lessen the heavy burden of excessive caseloads when possible, when another way was presenting itself in the form of a family with the means to legally intervene 100% themselves, if that family only knew how. They don't though.

You'd think they'd be more accomodating when it comes to temporary placements, but they def aren't. I've seen good people, upstanding, wealthy, never been in trouble grandparent fail a homestudy because he wasn't married to his gf of 20 fucking years. Yep, not being married can be reason for a child to be kept in foster care vs with a loving, stable relative. Afterall, if you're not married then the gf/bf can just steal the kid and run off at any time! I wish i was exaggerating or making shit up here.

They really do jack shit to speed up, ease the process/burden, or to avoid a case ending up in their hands in the first place. Yet we're to sympathize and be understanding that heavy caseloads are the problem. If it is one, it's self created by an inefficient and flat out stupidly managed system.

Jack, and I mean this sincerely, thank you for being a foster (adoptive?) parent.

I hope you don't crap on this. It takes a special person to be an advocate for those who are powerless to protect themselves. It seems that children in this country (and elsewhere) have less protection under the law than do animals, and certainly less then the abusive asshole with whom these little victims share DNA.

I would say more but it already got weird.

Still, you are kind of awesome.

I have no sympathy for this piece of shit biological dad. Fucker chose drugs over his kids and look what happened.

Curious why his family chose not to fight for those kids after the mom left off with em and contact was cut off with the bio dad for so long. They care now that they're hurt/dead, prob shoulda spoke up a while back huh.

The mother and children received support from Family Based Safety Services for the next seven months and during the time Bort and Petronella ended their relationship. CPS records indicate Petronella “demonstrated the ability to be protective of her children

She played ball with the CPS programs, in their eyes she's then automatically a great mom.

Back