• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A mother accused of murdering her 18-month-old daughter said her eldest son may be to blame for the fatal injuries.

Kandyce Downer said most of the "day-to-day" care of little Keegan was down to her son and three younger children.

Birmingham Crown Court was told post-mortem tests showed Keegan had suffered more than 120 separate injuries.

Asked by prosecutor Nigel Power QC to name the "prime candidate" for her daughter's death, she replied: "My eldest."

The court was told that on finding her 18-month-old "unwell" in her cot, she delayed calling 999 and instead drove off to dump the child's old blood-spotted mattress near a skip.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-36102842

Gee... she sounds tooootally innocent.

This one's really gonna suck as details emerge. :(

What a lovely mother, she's already blaming her eldest son for his baby sister's murder. Mother of the Year I say! Maybe she'll get lucky and the awards ceremony will be in Hawaii this year. She deserves her own Mother of the Year parking spot at her children's school.

I tried to read this, couldn't do it. The baby/child threads tear me up, and this one is soul-killing.
I wish we could muster a corp of Demonites to go over and do really bad things to her.

I have to go to youtube and watch cat&dog videos. It's how I cope.

From linked article above,

The 35-year-old also admitted leaving Keegan alone in her bedroom to take her natural daughter out on the day of the toddler's death.

Ms Downer, of Beckbury Road, Weoley Castle, Birmingham, became Keegan's legal guardian in January 2015 following a formal court hearing.

Soooooo, the baby was NOT hers???

Keegan was a beautiful little girl with a beautiful smile. Its hard for me to imagine any mother or mother figure leaving the daily care and responsibility of an 18 month old to children. This is not her son's fault. She is a poor excuse for a mother and there was no love shown here.

This is such a bad one . They're all bad but this one is so bad .

Keegan was unfortunately fostered out to this woman and beaten unmercifully , so badly beaten that scar tissue had formed in her brain from her many head injuries and was causing her to regress , developmentally wise.
One leg was actually shorter than the other due to a horrific and untreated break .

Suspicions had been raised by professionals that Keegan wasn't really wanted by this woman but she was allowed to stay with her and last seen by a health visitor 5 months before her death .

The baby was tortured daily and that woman has denied any wrong doing and not shown one iota of remorse . She's lower than maggot infested shit and I would like to take her on woman to woman and teach her some pain .

pI96hah.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-jailed-life-murdering-toddler-fostering.html

Seven fractured ribs and a broken leg left untreated: The catalogue of 200 horrific injuries suffered by girl, 18 months, who lived in 'excruciating pain' as her 'barbaric' foster mother gets 18 years for her murder
  • Kandyce Downer, 35, repeatedly beat 18-month-old Keegan Downer
  • Toddler had more than 200 injuries including untreated fracture which left her right thigh bone half-an-inch shorter than the left
Shocking pictures have revealed the extent of injuries suffered by a murdered toddler who was beaten repeatedly and left with one leg shorter than the other after her broken leg went untreated.​

'Barbaric' Kandyce Downer, 35, from Weoley Castle, Birmingham, was jailed for life today for the murder of 18-month-old Keegan Downer, who died at the family home on September 5 last year just months after Downer became her legal guardian.

Little Keegan had been repeatedly beaten and suffered more than 200 injuries, including seven broken ribs, broken legs and severe head and spine injuries. She had 153 scars on her body, including her face and neck.

7FveCqX.png

Among them was an untreated spiral fracture on her right leg, which had left the thigh bone misshapen and half an inch shorter than the left limb and would have caused the toddler excruciating pain.

U6sOv6C.jpg

Jurors in the trial were told that Keegan's bones had been subjected to the sort of force usually experienced in a car crash.

Prosecutor Nigel Power QC said the toddler would have been 'crying and possibly screaming', making it inconceivable that someone looking after her would have been unaware of the injury.

Her left thigh bone had been fractured several times, most recently in the weeks before her death, and she had also suffered a traumatic head or spine injury, which was at least several days old when she died.

JEPBlUg.png

(In all, little Keegan had suffered seven broken ribs. She had also suffered severe head and spine injuries)

D2mKr4d.png

(The right side of Keegan's pelvis (pictured) was also badly hurt. She had suffered more than 200 injuries)

Keegan was found unconscious after suffering a cardiac arrest. She was rushed to Birmingham Children's Hospital but was pronounced dead on her arrival.

The court heard forensic scientists found more than 80 blood spatters on the walls by her cot with 30 in the cot and more on the doors of a cupboard under the stairs.

But Downer never sought medical help for Keegan, who weighed 17.7lbs, little more than one stone, at the time of her death and never registered her with a GP.

A post-mortem showed signs of 'developmental regression', the court was told.

The judge told 'vicious and unfeeling' Downer she had inflicted terrible injuries on the child, including brain damage which caused the defenceless youngster to regress.

'Keegan suffered considerably in the last days and months of her life,' the judge told Downer.

'Keegan's brain was underdeveloped because of layers of scar tissue brought on over time.

'As a result of the trauma Keegan's brain was incarcerated in scar tissue which caused persistent pressure on it, preventing it from growing.

'Keegan would have become backwards in her development, she would have regressed from what she could go physically.

5pH7MID.jpg

los3YOe.png

This post was hard to assemble. She endured so much in her short life.

I knew this one was going to be horrific when the details came out, but this is downright nightmarish. She was so absolutely precious, who could possibly want to beat her like that?

Frankly, in a way, it's a blessing she passed and is no longer in such agony and fear. In addition, had she survived, her life would have been wrought with physical and mental disability. She was so beautiful and perfect before she went to this beast. She would have had so many wonderful things in her life ahead of her, all snuffed out by some raging bitch from hades. It's just unspeakably sad.

Inflicting such unimaginable pain on a defenseless baby you don't even want, all for a measly check. Unfathomable. She should have gotten life - period. On top of that she's an utter moron, both for thinking her actions wouldn't eventually lead to the baby's death and/or be discovered, but also because she was no doubt raining hell down upon this child for crying and last time I checked pain makes babies cry, you heartless cunt!

ETA: @cubby's link states:

A court heard the youngster died from a combination of septicaemia, blunt chest trauma, a head injury and infection.

Oh lord! What a torturous death this baby had! The sepsis alone is horrible. I've had septicemia before, it came on suddenly due to a lingering kidney infection and it was absolutely awful... uncontrolable vomiting, violent shaking chills... awful. By the time I got to the ER my heart rate was 200 and it wouldn't have taken much longer for me to expire. This poor, poor baby! Tortuous life and torturous death. :bigtears:

Last edited:
During the span of eight months this baby suffered such a torturous existence that it makes the mind recoil and the heart physically ache. The French used to employ as punishment, the Oubliette, a dark, dank and fetid space that literally means forgotten place. Forgotten perhaps by all with the exception of rats. I imagine after a few gnaws left untreated that septicemia would not be long in getting a grip and then if she was still alive after 8 months, the same amount of time baby Keegan was in her care, we can revisit the sentence.

I can't even imagine what she went through on a daily basis. Poor sweetie. Her short life was full of abuse and hate.

Fuck Kandyce Downer. I hope something bad happens to her for doing this to this sweet little baby.

The Brits will be merciful, as is their judicial custom. Pussies.

Last edited:
It's to the point that once I realize it's a British case, I try to back out while I can (before reading too much) because it's absolutely ridiculous that -- whatever the hell they call their justice system over there. I'm serious. No matter what the court "heard" and no matter how horrific the court admits the crime was, the most they give is -- well, what an American court might give for armed robbery or a fairly lucrative meth manufacturer/seller. I know before-hand: it's gonna be like 12, 15, 18 years, and that's for the most horrific cases the court has heard (their words!)

I've heard a lot of UK folks question (as do we, God knows) our Child Protective Services and such. But I lived there (Oxford, England) over a decade and I don't see anything thing to wave any flags about over there, either.
200 injuries on that tiny body? So what do they do, toss the kid at the first one who'll have her and then not follow-up like EVER? Because no way was this "missed" or, as was the ridiculous excuse with Peter Connelly (Baby P) "the injuries were covered in chocolate?"
Something's not right over there and it's not just the side of the road they're using.

They don't agree with the Death Penalty: Fine. But why allow freedom after a dozen or so years to people to torture and murder innocent people, especially after admitting it was "especially heinous" and such? Then give an "especially heinous" sentence: Life, without any consideration of parole ever. Any system that can hear a case like that and not lock that woman up and melt the key... oh it's a system, but not a justice system. I knew that baby would never see justice the minute I read "unwell in her cot" and the mention of calling "999."

I don't really believe in Karma so much.... I just haven't seen much of it, not really. But I hope there's such a thing and that it's coming for this cow and shows her what this baby felt -- and I hope it does it at least 200 times and then some.

**No offense meant towards the citizens of the UK or any European country, for that matter. My opinion on their justice -- or lack thereof -- is simply that, no more than anyone else's, certainly, and only based on what I've seen/heard/read of it. Perhaps mercy is a grace I've yet to learn, I don't know. Thanks!

Brain encapsulated in scar tissue. How many subdural hematomas would that take? Plus blood inside the cabinet/closet under the stairs. Beaten, then shoved in a dark hole.

Skips are often open. I thought dumpsters usually have lids/flaps that one has to open?
I have seen both flavors, Abroad -- open and lidded. To be honest, I don't know which is more common stateside.

--Al

May 1, 2017

A Midlands woman who was jailed for life for murdering a toddler has abandoned her Court of Appeal bid to clear her name.

launched a bid to appeal her conviction and was due to have her case considered by judges in London last week.

But after being refused an adjournment to put together more evidence, Downer sensationally dropped her appeal.

Her barrister, Christopher Millington QC, said Downer did not want to go ahead without the new evidence.

"On Monday, I had a video consultation with her," he told Lord Justice Gross.

She told me she had been receiving counselling and the prison proposed to produce a psychiatric report about her."

But the judge, sitting with Mrs Justice Jefford and Judge David Aubrey QC, questioned what a mental health report would add to her case.

"We have carefully considered the application to adjourn, but refuse it," said Lord Justice Gross.

"There is not the slightest foundation, on the evidence we have seen, for suggesting there was a psychiatric issue at the trial.

"Secondly, she chose to fight the trial without seeking to adduce psychiatric evidence.

"Thirdly, it follows that she would struggle in the extreme to succeed in an argument that any such evidence should now be admissible.

"In the round, we cannot see any basis, on what we know, for suggesting that a psychiatric defence of some sort could succeed.

"For those reasons, we refuse the adjournment."

The judge added that it was the right decision for Downer to abandon her appeal.
https://origin.expressandstar.mna.a...ndyce-downer-drops-appeal-against-conviction/

Back