• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
572ac9b72200008f0325598d.jpeg

Hong Hong was born with 15 fingers and 16 toes. He has two palms on each hand with seven fingers on the right hand and eight fingers on the left. He also has eight toes on each foot.
A family living in poverty in China is desperately seeking outside help in the hopes they can get surgery for their infant son.

Hong Hong, who is almost 4 months old, has polydactylism, or the congenital condition of having extra fingers or toes. It’s not an uncommon condition, affecting about one in every 1,000 live births; typically, however, only one hand or foot is affected, with one or perhaps two extra digits per limb.

But baby Hong Hong’s condition is significant

The boy, who was born in Hunan province in January, has 15 fingers and 16 toes. He also has two palms on each hand and no thumbs.

572ac9f8160000e90031dbdb.jpeg

572aca1c160000890331dbdc.jpeg

572aca38160000e90031dbde.jpeg

Hong Hong’s mother has six fingers on each hand, and six toes on each foot.
Hong Hong’s mom has polydactylism herself with 12 fingers and 12 toes. She and her husband say they’re seeking medical advice as to how best to treat their son.

So far, doctors have warned that the surgery required to both remove the extra digits and to give the child reconstructed thumbs would be a complicated and expensive procedure. The surgery could reportedly cost as much as $30,000.

To raise money for the operation, Hong Hong’s family had turned to crowdfunding platforms and has reportedly raised more than $6,000 to date. But, the child’s father, Zou Chenglin, told CNN that they decided to stop their efforts “because of the mixed comments they’ve received about raising money online.”

For now, doctors say Hong Hong is too young to undergo surgery. They’ve recommended that the child be operated on between 6-months and a year old, reports China’s Sina News.

According to the Guinness World Records, the person born with the most fingers and toes is Akshat Saxena who was born in India in 2010. Akshat, who has since undergone surgery for the condition, was born with 34 total digits — 14 fingers and 20 toes.

Poor little tyke, I hope they can fix him.
[doublepost=1462463113,1462463044][/doublepost]
Damn... i could carry .. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...) at least 7 beers in each hand!!

But with no thumbs you'd keep dropping them!

Poor little tyke, I hope they can fix him.
[doublepost=1462463113,1462463044][/doublepost]

But with no thumbs you'd keep dropping them!
My plans have been foiled!!! I'd still try anyways .... lol

All I could think of was "Man, it's going to be hard to find shoes that fit that kid!" He certainly couldn't wear these!
serveimage

My grandson who is now 10 was born with two thumbs on his right hand. The first joint of his thumb has two complete thumb tips with separate fingernails. It is perfectly heart shaped. We told him God made him special and thats what he tells the bullies that tease him. So long as it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother us. He does have difficulty with some tasks. Tying his shoes for example he still struggles with. It is his dominant hand.

That is absolutely amazing. They are perfect tiny baby fingers and toes. I have only seen that in cats before. Maybe his family can get their own TLC show.

That kid could grow up to be an incredible piano player...
but would be screwed for using a lighter.

Am I understanding this? It's law in China to remove extra digits?
Mom's still got her's?
[doublepost=1462493072,1462492663][/doublepost]
My grandson who is now 10 was born with two thumbs on his right hand. The first joint of his thumb has two complete thumb tips with separate fingernails. It is perfectly heart shaped. We told him God made him special and thats what he tells the bullies that tease him. So long as it doesn't bother him it doesn't bother us. He does have difficulty with some tasks. Tying his shoes for example he still struggles with. It is his dominant hand.
For my husband they took the first joint out and somehow made one thumb it looks like a giant big toe. Literally! His nail kinda grows with an indention in it. His hands and feet were also webbed. Some of his toes still are for balance.

Last edited:
Can he use all the digits? If so, why bother with removal? Kind of an important detail for the poorly written article to leave out.

Barf.

For my husband they took the first joint out and somehow made one thumb it looks like a giant big toe. Literally! His nail kinda grows with an indention in it. His hands and feet were also webbed. Some of his toes still are for balance.

Vomit.

"This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none,
This little piggy is strange,
And this little piggy is... What?
And this, and this... "

"This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy is strange,
And this little piggy is... What?
And this, and this... "

We could do better!

This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy went wee wee wee,
This little piggy got a latte at Starbucks,
This little piggy bought a lottery ticket and won 5 bucks,
The same little piggy cashed it in for more lattes.

Back