• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/7-old-wri...ome-school-024703780--abc-news-parenting.html

A Texas dad says he wasted no time in transferring his daughter to a new school after the 7-year-old reportedly managed to get herself dismissed from school.

“I want Rosabella to go too dus (sic) 131 today!” the second-grader wrote on half a sheet of notebook filler paper in large print, addressing the note to the staff person underneath.

Though the girl was supposed to attend an after-school program on Monday, the note she wrote and delivered to the staff herself worked. The staff excused little Rosabella Dahu, she boarded the school bus and went home.

Charlie Dahu, her father, said Sheldon Elementary in Houston has promised him that "disciplinary action" will be taken against the caretakers from the after school program who excused the girl from school on the basis of her 'parental' note.

"Obviously they didn’t have proper procedures in place," Dahu told ABC News. "This is clearly the school's fault. How a seven-year-old can trick you, it boggles my mind."

Sheldon Elementary issued a statement saying it is investigating the situation, adding, "We are reviewing our training procedures to ensure that our after-school grant program staff is properly trained in dismissal procedures."

That was not enough, however, to stop the displeased father from pulling his daughter out of the school.

"I don’t have any faith in the school," Dahu said, adding that he feared there would be a backlash against his child from disgruntled and embarrassed staff.

Though Dahu admitted that his daughter was clever, he said she knows she made a mistake.

"Appropriate action was taken," he said, "and she knows it was wrong. I don't condone it."

A neighbor reportedly noticed the child outside by herself after school and notified the family.

"I'm just glad that my neighbor, he saw something suspicious, and he called me," Dahu said.

There's a video with a picture of the note, that obviously was written and misspelled by a small child. Also Dad says he won't allow Rosabella to be interviewed because he doesn't want her to feel that she is getting rewarded for doing wrong things.

...doesn't want her to feel that she is getting rewarded for doing wrong things
She made it home safe and unmolested? Then Dad's response is appropriate.
Me? She'd get a brand new toothbrush and a bar of my homemade bacon soap.
She will know the dead pig by name and understand the sacrifice made to cleanse any deception for a dignified closure.
Oral hygiene discipline is just part of growing up.
Or exchange dignity for apathy and denial.

Damn I hope my kid don't pull some shit like that. Her class went on a field trip to the zoo yesterday and when I picked her up she told me that a giraffe ate her damn snowcone. Wtf? The little shit has me kinda confused about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure she's full of it but I don't know! I sure as hell don't want to ask her teacher if a giraffe jacked my kids snowcone...lol. She'll think I'm crazy for real!
I can see how kids can be pretty good liars.
Also, in the schools defense, I know a few men that have handwriting that would probably look like a 6 month old wrote it. I'm just glad the kid made it home unharmed.

She's a good little story teller, I don't blame her so much as the adults in this falling for an obvious scam, I mean if in question you can always call, everybody has a phone, but there must have been no questions about it. I agree with Dad if they fall for this she needs to be somewhere with adults smarter, at least a little smarter anyway, than she is.

She's a good little story teller, I don't blame her so much as the adults in this falling for an obvious scam, I mean if in question you can always call, everybody has a phone, but there must have been no questions about it. I agree with Dad if they fall for this she needs to be somewhere with adults smarter, at least a little smarter anyway, than she is.

That was the consensus when it was being discussed on the radio this morning. Of course, one of the deejays said her own mother had horrible handwriting, so when she had brought in some permission slip with hen scratches all over it, the school did call her mother and her mother sheepishly vouched for the writing the mesy note. I'll bet, however, that all of the words were spelled correctly unlike that little girl's note. I mean, if you were the school worker/teacher, would you assume it was an illiterate parent or a forgery. I think I'd make that phone call!

Most folks, even semi-literate folks, may have very messy handwriting but in my opinion most adults, even adults with horrible handwriting and spelling skills do not write in the same way a child who's just learning writes, it is totally different from an adult hand.

Even tho they don't teach penmanship anymore, my 9 yo niece's handwriting is almost indecipherable, big and little, on the line, off the line, below the line, curling around at the edge of the paper, how can they grade these papers when no one can read them?

“I want Rosabella to go too dus (sic) 131 today!”

The school officials knew what this meant? The fuck? Seriously is this some bizarre code the school has?

field trip to the zoo yesterday and when I picked her up she told me that a giraffe ate her damn snowcone. Wtf? The little shit has me kinda confused about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure she's full of it but I don't know! I sure as hell don't want to ask her teacher if a giraffe jacked my kids snowcon

Some zoos have Giraffe feeding areas. You pay for treats and then the giraffes come up and will eat it from your hands. I suppose a kid could go up while holding other food and a giraffe could eat that, or the kid could intentionally feed it that. They're supposed to be strictly monitored by zoo officials but with a big enough crwod, it's very possible. Last time i did it the only zoo worker nearby was 20 feet away, out of sight, selling treats to visiters. I coulda done whateve the fuck i wanted to that giraffe. Luckily for it, all i wanted to do was give it some giraffe food.

Most folks, even semi-literate folks, may have very messy handwriting but in my opinion most adults, even adults with horrible handwriting and spelling skills do not write in the same way a child who's just learning writes, it is totally different from an adult hand.

Also, adults do not usually write a note on a half sheet of notepaper torn from their child's Disney notebook... or do they now? In my day, parents wrote a note on a decent piece of paper.

Even tho they don't teach penmanship anymore, my 9 yo niece's handwriting is almost indecipherable, big and little, on the line, off the line, below the line, curling around at the edge of the paper, how can they grade these papers when no one can read them?

Because they don't read them? If the page is full of writing, it gets a passing grade and a sticker?

Back