• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
AUSTIN, TX
– Kristen Lindsey, the veterinarian who killed a cat with a bow and arrow then posed with its corpse on Facebook, is fighting to keep her veterinarian’s license.

Last year, Lindsey posted a picture of her holding a skewered cat that she had shot through the head with a bow and arrow. It was captioned:

My first bow kill lol. The only good tomcat is one with an arrow through it’s head! Vet of the year award…gladly accepted

Anyone with a shred of intelligence can guess what happened next, and I am still amazed that Lindsey did not foresee the same consequences. She was flooded with messages from outraged animal lovers and was eventually fired from her job at the Washington Animal Clinic.

She was not charged with a crime, but the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners wanted her license revoked. She is currently in the middle of a three day hearing in an attempt to keep that from happening.

On day one of the hearing, Lindsey took the stand and explained that she only killed the cat because she thought the cat was feral. She explained that the cat had a foul odor and was flea-ridden, left droppings on her lawn and fought her own pets.

On that same day, Claire and William Johnson claimed the cat Lindsey killed was theirs pet cat, Tiger. On the second day, a veterinarian backed up the couple’s claim by testifying the cat in the image was neutered and too well-fed to be feral.

He went on to add that cat in the Facebook photo was alive, based on the position of its legs, and said he was “shocked, bewildered, that a colleague could kill a cat like this.”

Lindsey’s defense countered with testimony from a vet with 47 years of experience who said that there was ‘no way’ someone could tell the cat was alive from that photo. He added that from the angle of the arrow in the cat’s head, it was clear the cat was definitely dead and most likely died instantaneously.

When Lindsey’s attorney asked her if she thought a bow and arrow was an appropriate way to kill a cat, she responded: “I believe it was efficient, but appropriate…no.”

Lindsey said that while she has been able to keep her license, she hasn’t been able to find work since she was fired.

“It’s pretty much put me out of work for a year,” she said. “I’m essentially unemployable. I’m not licensed elsewhere, so until I get this resolved… There is not much I can do.”

I don’t think it will matter much if Lindsey keeps her license or not, she will be paying for that FB post for the rest of her career. The Internet rarely forgets images of people smiling while holding up a cat by the arrow they shot into its head.

If you want to keep up with this story, there are online groups like Tiger’s Justice Team News Page, who are posting updates to this story as they happen.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Azu2sv5E2zI

Continue reading...

I don’t think it will matter much if Lindsey keeps her license or not, she will be paying for that FB post for the rest of her career. The Internet rarely forgets images of people smiling while holding up a cat by the arrow they shot into its head.
I agree, so she really needs to provide us with some nudes so we can attempt to forget that horrible, horrible image :wideyed:

What the -- ! She's a horrible bitch and no nude in the world can make me forgive this shit. She should never work around animals again. I don't think even plants are safe around her. I hope she dies with an arrow in her head. And I'd gladly put it there.

Yet another damn, worthless bitch from the Worthless Generation. Don't get me started on using the word cunt, because I'll rant for 20 minutes.

Fucking piece of shit cunt. Anyone who would take their pet to her for tender loving care is insane. She is a fucking VET! (Or was, thank God she is no longer practicing.) So yes, it matters that she kills cats with bows and arrows and finds humor in it. If she were a serial killer, not so surprising.

And she lied about him being a flea-ridden feral cat, he was a neighbor's pet cat, well-fed and neutered. They have pictures of him. She's a cold hearted bitch and should never be able to find work anywhere as a vet again.

Even if he were a feral cat (which he wasn't), they can be humanely trapped, I do it all it all the time. She just enjoyed killing the cat.

Last edited:
Her only option for working around animals again should be starring in beastiality videos with pitbulls.

And I'll bet she'd like it.

I really don't get the big deal. It is an issue that she shot the neighbors cat, she should face penalties for that. However this isn't some shocking cruel act or way to kill an animal. Nobody goes bat shit calling for licenses when someone goes deer hunting with a bow and arrow, yet a cat bites it and all of a sudden everyone is outraged. Fucking nonsense.

Morons.

I don't think she planned to eat the cat....I could be wrong.

Cuz food is the only reason people hunt. What a stupid fucking thing you've posted here. Don't do it again.

Cats are household pets. Hunters do not hunt pets.

She had reason to believe it wasn't a household pet. That's right there in the fucking article if you would have bothered to have read it before posting something this dumb.

Even animals that are typically domesticated and used as house-pets can become pests and pose a danger.

Cuz food is the only reason people hunt. What a stupid fucking thing you've posted here. Don't do it again.

She had reason to believe it wasn't a household pet. That's right there in the fucking article if you would have bothered to have read it before posting something this dumb.

Even animals that are typically domesticated and used as house-pets can become pests and pose a danger.
The difference here is, She took an oath as a vet *do no harm*
No matter is the cat was a pest or not, She had the ability to trap the cat and if it was in fact, not neutered and a feral cat, she could have humanely put the cat down.
Had she trapped it, she would have discovered it was tame and neutered.

It was the bragging on face book that did her in. Like most idiots that post their dirty deeds to social media. She wasn't very smart in any aspect of this.

All that being said, I would let her keep her license only if she volunteered at a large kill shelter and a spay neuter clinic. 2 days a week at each place for one year. She would have redemption then, from me anyway. I was a euthanasia tech for 12 years. It would give her some insight into the animals plight. I don't know if it would teach her compassion as I believe that is something we have or don't have. But if she has compassion, I believe it would bring that into the forefront.

She's right when she stated at her hearing "I have suffered enough" but this suffering was brought on by her own actions. These animals don't bring suffering onto themselves, they are a man made problem that needs a man made solution. I think her devoting some time to this problem is a good answer.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texas-Board-Suspends-License-of-Vet-Who-Killed-Cat-397490911.html
A state panel Tuesday suspended the license of a Texas veterinarian who used a bow and arrow to kill a cat that had wandered onto the property where she lived and boasted of the kill online.

The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners in Austin determined that Kristen Lindsey can't practice for a year because she was cruel to an animal. Her suspension will be followed by four years' probation and other requirements.

The cat, named Tiger, was owned by Lindsey's neighbor. The vet shot the animal through the head.

The Facebook post showed the cat dangling from the arrow as a smiling Lindsey held it aloft. She added the comment, "My first bow kill. Lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's (sic) head! Vet of the year award ... gladly accepted."
[....]
A suspension will create a hardship for her as she'll be unable to work while facing $150,000 in student debts, he said.

Animal rights groups have followed the case and one of them, the Animal Legal Defense Fund, said Tuesday that it was disappointed by what it sees as a light punishment.

"This slap on the wrist pales in comparison to the egregious felony cruelty that Ms. Lindsey committed against a defenseless cat," the group said in a statement. "Allowing Ms. Lindsey to continue to practice veterinary medicine in the future puts animals in the community at great risk, and taints the good name of the trusted veterinary profession."

That's an absolute shame.

I really wish that the board would have been more creative.

Something like: requiring her to volunteer her services at a spay and neuter clinic 2 days a week and allowing her to work for a paycheck 3 days a week.

Suspending her license has done nothing constructive.

That's bullshit, she may not be able to work as a Vet but I am sure she can work as an assistant or in a completely different field.

I bet she'll think twice before shooting a cat in the head again.
I bet even without the license suspension, she would think twice.

In no way was I defending her, I was pointing out that this could have been a great way for her to give back.

Back