• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rnestine-dorphinghaus-child-neglect/83889740/

A 1-year-old girl was injured Monday when she was slammed to the ground by another child.

Officers were called to the first block of South Merritt Street at 6:40 p.m. by staff at Bronson Battle Creek, where the little girl was being treated in the emergency room for injuries to her head.

The injured child's grandmother, Ernestine Dorphinghaus, 47, took her for treatment after the incident at her home.
http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/...-and-neglect-michigan-record-levels/82713166/
Dorphinghaus told police she was at the house and was watching her granddaughter and six other children under the age of 10. She said the 6-year-old neighbor girl sneaked outside with the baby. The woman said she learned of the injuries when other children told her the baby was outside and was bleeding and crying.

Dorphinghaus told police she went outside and picked up the child and took her to the home of the 6-year-old. The mother of the older child told Dorphinghaus to take the toddler to the hospital.

The mother of the older child then talked to a neighbor who saw the older girl pushing the baby's face into the concrete and also kicking the baby in the face, police said.

The mother of the older girl asked her daughter why she had done it; she told police her daughter told her it was "because she did not like (the baby)."

Police said Dorphinghaus didn't know how the 6-year-old was able to leave the house with the baby. She declined to talk about the incident to the Enquirer on Tuesday afternoon but said her granddaughter was released from the hospital Monday night.

Police said they can't seek charges against the 6-year-old because of her age but they have sent a report to the Calhoun County prosecutor and are seeking charges of child neglect for Dorphinghaus.

and in Tennessee they are arresting kid 6 years old for just watching a fight.

The mother of the older girl asked her daughter why she had done it; she told police her daughter told her it was "because she did not like (the baby)."

Hope mom's got mental health coverage through her insurance. This girl's going to need some pretty intense therapy, pronto...

But, yeah. You don't arrest a 6-year-old for this sort of thing.

Police said they can't seek charges against the 6-year-old because of her age
But they better send CPS over to find out whats going on in this childs life that she is full of such hatred at the age of 6.
If her parents don't get her some help now, God help any living thing in her path.

Therapy should be court ordered just in case the mother doesn't think its necessary.

My son kicked his sister for taking his toys when she was about 1 1/2yrs old. A much more justifiable reason than I don't like that kid IMO. Just kidding. He got in trouble and I told him that's not how we handle our frustrations.
That being said someone somewhere failed this child if this is what she thinks is the appropriate way to treat a baby. At the age of six most kids are able to reason out that a baby doesn't do things to be malicious. They do it to learn.
Otherwise my son would have knocked my daughter out when she was playing Mike Tyson Punchout with the back of his head yesterday. He's seven and he's on the autism spectrum ffs.
This is definitely one of those kids I'd be hard pressed not to backhand coz their parents are pieces of shit and don't give a fuck how their crotch fruit interact with the outside world.

Oh hell no. That kid is a brat and that's just the beginning. Next, she will start murdering people like Rhoda from The Bad Seed.​

I don't know all the facts...but if grandma was in the kitchen cooking and left the kids in the living room for a minute to tend the food and the neighbor girl who was visiting decided to take the little girl out of the house with no one noticing...I don't believe the grandmother deserves to be charged. I had a rule in my house when I was cooking...no kids running in and out of the kitchen after mishaps and near misses when they were toddlers. I still have that rule with my grandkids. Unless we are practicing safety and it is a learning task as we cook together. I used to put my babies in the highchair while cooking so I knew they were within my sight and safe. I'd give them toys to play with or a snack and juice. Although the grandmother could have done things differently I don't believe it constitutes criminal charges unless law enforcement uncovers more facts.

I dunno. My kids are 6 months and 2 1/2. Quinn has never done anything more sinister than taking her toy or knocking her over. If she slammed her head into concrete I think I would take special notice. This woman was overwhelmed by a lot of kids. I am not sure charges are really necessary. I would make a plea deal. You can continue to babysit your own grandkids but no more than that. She was in way over her head either for the pay or just plain kindness (been there done that) and now she should focus on her family.

This is definitely one of those kids I'd be hard pressed not to backhand coz their parents are pieces of shit and don't give a fuck how their crotch fruit interact with the outside world.

Children that are loved don't do this... My heart breaks for both of them, ouch, scary...and the big one for having to stoop so low for power.

Dorphinghaus told police she went outside and picked up the child and took her to the home of the 6 year old. The mother of the older child told
Dorphinghaus to take the toddler to the hospital.

Take your own kid to a hospital ... she's sick ... she just kicked a baby in the face.

The Germans have an old folk tale regarding situations like this.

There were once two children playing a game. One pretended to be the butcher, the other the pig. The child pretending to be the pig dutifully got down on his hands and knees, and the child pretending to the butcher then slit the other child's throat.

The child was brought before the village priest to determine if it was murder or a game of pretend gotten out of hand. The priest then presented the child with a choice of what he would prefer to keep: an apple, or a gold coin.

The child selected the apple, and the child was set free. The priest had determined that a child would select the immediate reward of the fruit over the potential reward of coin, whereas an adult would chose the inverse. This, in the priest's mind, marked the difference between childhood and adulthood.

That being said . . . who the hell kicks a baby in the face?

Back