• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/05/fbi_man_sprayed_mouse_poison_m_1.html
ANN ARBOR, MI – Authorities have identified the man who sprayed liquid on food at Ann Arbor grocery stores, as well as the previously-unknown substance.

Tips from the public helped officials from the FBI and the Ann Arbor Police Department take the man into custody Tuesday, according to a release from the FBI Detroit Field Office. Further information on the man or potential charges was not released.

Officials believe the suspect used a liquid combination of an alcohol-based hand-sanitizer, water and Tomcat mouse poison to contaminate produce [....]

The FBI identified the stores as:

• Whole Foods Market - 990 W. Eisenhower Parkway - Ann Arbor, MI
  • Meijer - 3145 Ann Arbor-Saline Road - Ann Arbor, MI
  • Plum Market - 375 North Maple Road - Ann Arbor, MI
The suspect admitted to contaminating food at several grocery stores and officials are investigating whether he may have contaminated food at any other stores.
[....]
Officials said the chemicals are a form of anti-coagulant, similar to those in medicines that have an anti-clotting function. Based on what's known about the mixture, no adverse health effects are expected for anyone who has ingested it.

"Out of an abundance of caution and to protect public health and food safety, I encourage consumers to dispose of any foods purchased from salad bars, olive bars and ready-to-eat hot and cold food areas from these stores between mid-March and the end of April," Jamie Clover Adams, MDARD director, said in the release. "Although most of these types of foods may have already been eaten or disposed of, some may still be in refrigerators or freezers."
[....]
maninstore1jpg-c8b301cb28927c7b_zpsya29taum.jpg

This is me thinking that this an attack on grocery stores ... and that people are not the intended target...I might be wrong...but I've stopped eating cauliflower because some stores want $8.oo for a head of it. other stores want $4.oo and I doubt I'm the only one who is pissy about it or thinks grocers should be punished for that kind of gouging....otherwise what an asshole.

Shoudl wash your produce anyways before eating it.

Anyone know if this will kill vegetation? Or does it just contaiminate? I got some wicked poison oak, a whole tree actually, i'd like to kill off.

What point is he tryin to prove? Guess I should be glad it wasn't jizz in that bottle.
I just made myself throw up a bit. Blech.

Back