• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@sarahdownunder and @amac I am the same way, I can't click on the animal threads either. I work at a shelter and see some awful shit, and somehow reading the other threads here help keep my mind off the shelter animals at night and when I'm trying to sleep. I am probably not explaining it very well and I hope it doesn't sound fucked up...maybe it is a little, I don't know...

You must be a very strong person to work at an animal shelter. I love animals, but I couldn't do it because I would want to save them all and take them home with me. Animals (mainly cats and dogs) being abused just breaks my heart because they are so trusting and loving by nature and they just want a moment of affection. Sadly, they can be beaten and abused over and over, yet their little hearts will skip a beat if their tormentor gives them a mere glance. I am with you guys...I can't read any of the stories about animal abuse. I have 5 dogs and one cat and they mean the world to me.

Back on topic, this is absolutely disturbing! I am grateful that this sicko was caught before his daughters were forced to live a lifetime of abuse at his hands. My heart breaks for his nieces also. I hope these children will go on to have happy and fulfilling lives, despite the abuse they have suffered. I really hope the wife was not a coconspirator. I wish surrogate laws were not so relaxed in some Eastern countries because it just makes it a human trafficking and pedophile paradise.

He gave me a C which I was cut about too - but hey girl! The C range still means 'satisfactory' - and you got the + - so almost a B!!! :)

Cut about that must be milder form of devastated. I was devastated, I had a brilliant status before I met that man...I know you think I should be excited about almost a B...but there are no B's...D's...E's...F's...or even A's on my transcript, just A+'s and a ugly C+
Seriously I cried...thank God for my therapist, she brought a value to it by defining it as a learning curve instead of a failure, now I have a Loop in my head saying...its okay lithiumgirl...its a learning curve, and those are everywhere thank god and for fuck sakes all at the same time. <3

Cut about that must be milder form of devastated. I was devastated, I had a brilliant status before I met that man...I know you think I should be excited about almost a B...but there are no B's...D's...E's...F's...or even A's on my transcript, just A+'s and a ugly C+
Seriously I cried...thank God for my therapist, she brought a value to it by defining it as a learning curve instead of a failure, now I have a Loop in my head saying...its okay lithiumgirl...its a learning curve, and those are everywhere thank god and for fuck sakes all at the same time. <3

Wow! What an academic record! Hats off to you - that's amazing and yeah, I can see why you'd be so upset over a c+.

I like that, a learning curve instead of a failure. That's awesome actually.

Just remember, you'll no doubt go back to rolling out your a+ achievements so when you graduate, that one shitty little pass score, is far less of a reflection on you, based on your efforts and actions - and more a reflection on him. Essay skills in education are important, but unless you work in a career that directly needs that skillset, they're freaking largely worthless out in the real world.

22 years is weak, 59 charges should have him locked away for life what a fucking joke.

The 49-year-old father, who cannot be named, was jailed for 22 years after pleading guilty to 37 charges including 20 counts of incest and two of child trafficking.
He abused his daughters on a weekly basis for eight months from when they were one month old.
He began abusing his nieces when they were four and six.
In sentencing, Victorian County Court Judge Susan Cohen said his morally repugnant offending struck at the core of the joys and privilege of bringing children into the world.
He told police: "I love them so much. I don't know why I did it."
She ordered the man to serve a minimum of 15 years and six months before being eligible for parole.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...-for-sexually-abusing-surrogate-twins/7428720

Latest posts

Back