• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-girl-believed-kidnapped-stranger-navajo-nation-161931252.html

A man believed to be a stranger kidnapped Ashlynne Mike from the Navajo Nation, FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said. The fifth-grader was reported missing Monday afternoon, and an Amber Alert issued around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday said her kidnapper was seen driving a maroon van.

It was not clear why it took hours for authorities to get word out about the abduction. Authorities didn't immediately say whether the suspect had been found or what they were doing to find him.

The search for the girl included federal, tribal, state and county officers on the ground as well as a New Mexico State Police helicopter. About 70 or 80 residents also fanned out across the area where the girl was found, said Graham Biyaal, who helped organized the community search.

Delmar said Ashlynne's body was found in a secluded area near a distinct rock formation that the town of Shiprock is named for.

The girl lived in the vast reservation's San Juan Chapter — a rural, close-knit community that has been on edge since word began to spread that the girl was missing.

She was a fifth-grader at Ojo Amarillo Elementary School in Fruitland, New Mexico, and had been to school Monday, said James Preminger, a spokesoman for the school district.

A local radio station alerted residents in the rural area to the abduction and gave a description of the suspect's vehicle, San Juan Chapter manager Stanley Wauneka said.

The FBI described the suspect as Native American, but no other details were released.

BVF7wWz.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-girl-believed-kidnapped-stranger-navajo-nation-161931252.html

When the stranger approached Ian and Ashlynne Mike at the school bus stop, the boy was wary. But his older sister got lured into the van, and he didn't want her to go alone, so he went, too.

The man took the siblings to a desolate spot on the edge of the nation's largest American Indian reservation, authorities and family members say. The man and the 11-year-old girl walked into the hills, but the stranger came back alone, the boy told authorities.

Scared and in the dark, Ian ran more than 2 miles to a highway on the Navajo Nation where a passing driver found the boy Monday night.

Police gleaned some information about the suspect from the younger brother of Ashlynne, whose body was found Tuesday near a distinct rock formation that the rural town of Shiprock, New Mexico, is named for.

Now, authorities are poring over parts of the Navajo Nation in search of the man who snatched the children and killed Ashlynne.

Tips are flooding in from across the reservation that spans parts of New Mexico, Arizona and Utah as well as the close-knit tribal community where Ashlynne lived. The FBI said it's following up on all leads.

"We're leaving no stone unturned," FBI Special Agent in Charge Terry Wade told reporters during a brief news conference. "We will solve this case and give Ashlynne Mike's family the justice they deserve."

Authorities described the kidnapper as a light-skinned Native American in his 20s or 30s with a teardrop tattoo under his left eye who drove a maroon van with a luggage rack but no hubcaps.

At the bus stop Monday afternoon, he approached the siblings and a third boy, asking them if they wanted to see a movie. The boys said no, but Ashlynne was somehow lured into the man's van.

The boy was distraught, said Darrell Foster-Joe, the children's aunt.

"He was so tired and just crying and crying for his sister," she said. "It was really hard for the FBI to get any information from him."​

Oh my God, why did he need to kill her if he just wanted to rape her? :arghh: Fuck, not "just" but you know what I mean. Her brother would already be able to identify him, why not let her live? Unless he planned on killing them both and the brother just managed to escape? At least the family isn't burying two children. :( That poor brave younger brother, not wanting to go but not wanting his sister to go alone.

Waterflow man arrested in girl's murder

Tom Begaye, 27, is expected to appear in court Wednesday on allegations he murdered 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike.

Fisher said no further information will be released until after Begaye's court appearance in Farmington.

Navajo police Capt. Ivan Tsosie said in a press release Tuesday night that Begaye was arrested Tuesday afternoon at a residence in Lower Fruitland. The suspect vehicle, a maroon-colored van, was also seized from the residence, the release states.

[...]

Shawn Mike, spokesman for Mike family
A cousin of Ashlynne, Shawn Mike, was at the chapter house Tuesday afternoon.

He said his 9-year-old son was also approached Monday afternoon on Navajo Route 36 by a man in a maroon-colored van. He said the man offered to take his son to see a movie, but his son declined.

He said his son saw both Ashlynne and Ian inside the vehicle at the time.

“As they drove away, Ashlynne was waving at him,” he said.

http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...r-alert-issued-san-juan-county-girl/83866168/

Last edited:
It is so sad that in this day and age that two children can be so easily lured into a vehicle with the promise of a treat. The little brother and cousin...especially the little brother will always be traumatized by his sisters murder and he will grow up with a guilt complex. So many lives changed forever. I can't imagine the little brothers fear and terror as he ran those two miles being chased by the infamous boogeyman. I just can't even imagine.

Poor kid won't ever be right again. My Lord just what was this man's malfunction? I hate to call him a man coz he's really just pond scum but still it is what it is.
I can't even begin to think of his endgame here. Was the power to be evil stronger than his common sense coz I can't think of why someone would act out something so vile.

This is just heartbreaking. Her poor parents... her poor brother! Thank goodness he decided to escape despite being scared, cold and lost. Had he not had the courage to do so I have little doubt this predator wouldn't have allowed him to live as a witness. That or worse... Considering he had tried to lure yet another boy after already kidnapping Ashlynne and her brother makes me think he had diverse taste in his sexual victims. Maybe he was planning to save her brother for later. :(

Just so, so sad. Condolences to her family and may this evil thing have justice for little Ashlynne rained down upon him.

Here is a post from her mother prior to her body being found. :bigtears:

33_CD829_E00000578_3571460_image_a_14_146230794817.jpg

And this is the actual rock formation where she was found. Ominous much? This just highlights the foreboding and terrified feelings she was surely going thru. Rest well little sweetheart. <3

33_CD504900000578_3571460_image_a_5_1462301159276.jpg

Both photos from:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irl-11-dead-day-abducted-younger-brother.html

Last edited:
One thing, Reservations are under federal jurisdiction so maybe that'll help in the punishment department, maybe not, but hopefully it will.

Damn.
I wonder what moment she realized they weren't going to the movies.

I don't know but I bet it was horrible...the deception and manipulation

from abuse was harder to heal from then the actual abuse ... at least for me. I don't have to go

far to recall the moment I realized that I had been tricked by an adult. It still sits like a stone in

my stomach even today!

Rest in peace Ashlynne Mike ...this is me thinking that you just made your brothers life...that he

becomes a cop some day

I can remember being tricked by an adult and it's so confusing and gut wrenching .
Even sadder when you get older and you think back to innocence lost - this little girl was denied even that .

I've brought my kids up well aware of bad secrets adults may try and get you to keep , body awareness , stranger danger and to always come to me if anything ever happens , but children are INNOCENT and totally trusting towards others and adults - all the warnings in the world can be manipulated into a distant memory by a predator .

For the majority of children- although don't get me wrong , you do get a few street smart ones - their little brains just don't see that warning signs like we do , their bellies may get that gut feeling though if lucky and they may get away , but even then that may come too late to escape a bad situation .

Such a terrible thing to happen and such evil to have done it .

Rest in peace sweetheart .

I read an article via FB that said the rapist/murderer dropped the brother off in the desert first and then took off with the girl.

It is so fucked up that he will live with this the rest of his life. I also read that the reservations don't have amber alert connections. Fucking shame.

An affidavit provided by an Albuquerque FBI agent in support of the criminal complaint describes Begaye’s alleged confession to the police, chronicling a brutal sexual assault and killing.

Begaye allegedly told investigators that he had invited Ashlynne into his van with the intention of having sex with her. After he picked up her and her brother, he allegedly drove onto a dirt road, stopping near a hill by the Shiprock Pinnacle, a towering rock formation sacred to the Navajo people.

( You may not want to read this :( )
Ashlynne was crying and begging to be taken home, Begaye told police. Begaye then allegedly led her behind the hill and took off her pants, underpants and shoes before penetrating her with his fingers. As she cried, he allegedly hit her head with an L-shaped tire iron he had hidden in his jacket.

The first time he allegedly hit her, Ashlynne fell to the ground. After he hit her again, Begaye told police, she laid still.

Begay later told police that Ashlynn was still moving when he abandoned her at that spot, the affidavit said.

When he returned to his van, Ashlynne’s brother was still inside. He drove a short distance before telling the boy to get out.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/05/navajo-nation-reeling-after-suspect-in-11-year-old-girls-slaying-identified-as-one-of-their-own/

Last edited:
So he really wasn't worried about being caught or he'd have killed both of them. So why kill Ashlynne, just for pure meanness, I suppose, or maybe because she fought him. Poor sweet little girl, I'm so sorry your life was so short.

So he really wasn't worried about being caught or he'd have killed both of them. So why kill Ashlynne, just for pure meanness, I suppose, or maybe because she fought him. Poor sweet little girl, I'm so sorry your life was so short.

I can't say why this grotesque creature felt the need to render blows down on Ashlynne until she would move no more but he certainly went to the spot prepared to do so with the concealed tire iron. He extended no pity for her youth, her fear, not even her tears and begging to be taken home. We will never comprehend the darkness that lives and festers in the hearts and minds of individuals capable of committing such depraved and wanton acts.

The worst part of the horrific sexual assault on Ashlynne occurred after he knocked her out. The initial penetration with his fingers was just the beginning. The details that have emerged are sickening. This was a very hard read.
The link is above in MorningStars post ;)
[doublepost=1462475340,1462475107][/doublepost]
I don't want to know but I have to. Link?
the link is included above in MorningStars post

Omg can we stop talking about a dead girl getting fingered??? It is going to keep me up all night! I don't even want to know what else happened.

I want to stay updated I want this assholes head on a platter. I just thought we could remember this is someone's baby. She was brutally abused. That's enough to make me want to lock all my daughters in a tower. Repeating over and over again what and when wont bring her back. Let's focus on this asswipe!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...girls-slaying-identified-as-one-of-their-own/

The Navajo Nation has suffered from disproportionately high violent crime rates in recent years, a problem some say is compounded by the limitations of tribal court, which has caps on the length of sentences.

Begaye’s case will be tried in federal court. If convicted, he faces possible life imprisonment.

No new info in this one except for the last two paragraphs, it does confirm that he will be federally charged and prosecuted.

Poor girl. Walking to her death. She must have known he was going to,hurt her. She cried the whole way. So, sad ending.,

It is so sad that in this day and age that two children can be so easily lured into a vehicle with the promise of a treat.

Have you seen those investigative reports where men easily lure a child away, even though their parents say without a doubt their child would never ever leave with a stranger? Within seconds their child is tra la laing off with some creepy guy. It's frightening.

Shit stain confirms reports that Ashlynne was still moving when he left her. That detail must be bringing her parents to their knees, it would me. If only they had found her earlier, perhaps she could have been saved.

And he also tried luring Ashlynne's older sister :eek: (according to the affidavit @Mata Hari provided) into his van!

I saw one of those special undercover things where they had this nicely dressed Black man go to a girl in the swing in earshot of other parents saying " hey, remember me? I am your dads friend from work. He wants me to bring you home because he has to stay late" EVERY PARENT stopped him.

A few days later they do it again. Same park. A white guy wearing the same suit. No one said a thing. When they asked them why they did not stop him they said "well she didn't look scared" really?

You can be green and your not taking a kid from my park if you are not the parent without an earful of this mama.

It is so sad that in this day and age that two children can be so easily lured into a vehicle with the promise of a treat.

Poor people are more susceptible to such things. Also, educational systems aren't the best on indian reservations, it's possible these kids were never taught standard stranger danger shit. Also, impoverished communities to include many indian res are more close knit and used to interacting with others.

One thing, Reservations are under federal jurisdiction so maybe that'll help in the punishment department, maybe not, but hopefully it will.

Hah. If the indians choose to handle it themselves, he's looking at a sickeningly light sentence. THey let fuckers get away with murder, literally.

It is so fucked up that he will live with this the rest of his life. I also read that the reservations don't have amber alert connections. Fucking shame.

I recently read that the navajo tribal big wigs, the fucks running the show, recently spent millions of dollars doing some business meeting at a resort in hawaii. It's an impoverished and corrupt place, and that's not ever going to change. I'm pretty sure some communities there don't even have running water, forget about internet/amber alert access.
[doublepost=1462493448,1462493378][/doublepost]
without raping her and hardly sexually assaulting her

The fuck?
[doublepost=1462493522][/doublepost]
Begaye’s case will be tried in federal court. If convicted, he faces possible life imprisonment.

Thank Allah

https://www.yahoo.com/news/complaint-details-kidnapping-death-girl-navajo-nation-011252580.html

According to the criminal complaint, Ashlynne Mike and her 9-year-old brother were playing Monday with their cousin near a road about a quarter-mile from their home after being dropped off at their bus stop after school, when Begaye offered them a ride.

Not wanting his sister to go alone, her brother jumped in too. Their cousin refused, as did the victim's older sister, moments earlier.

"My son said he just waved," said Shawn Mike, Ashlynne's cousin and the father of the boy who stayed behind. "He said the vehicle just sped off, and as it was driving off he just saw Ashlynne waving toward him."

Ashlynne was bloodied but still moving when Begaye told investigators he left her hours later. Her brother, also abandoned, tried to find her but gave up as darkness fell. He ran for help, toward some distant headlights, and was finally scooped up by a passing motorist who brought him to police.

Word spread quickly, and tips flooded in from across the reservation that spans parts of New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. About 100 people from the community joined the search, but their initial hunt focused on the opposite side of a highway from where they needed to be looking.

It wasn't until 2:30 a.m. Tuesday that officials sent out an Amber Alert. Protocols were followed, but Navajo President Russell Begaye — no relation to the suspect — acknowledged Wednesday that the tribe "needs to implement an effective response system in which modern technology is utilized more effectively."

Hundreds of residents packed the San Juan Chapter House, a tiny community hall south of Shiprock, while hundreds more stood outside the building Tuesday night, sharing their grief with Ashlynne's family.

Her father sat silently as the girl's principal remembered her as a kind child who was a part of the school band, and local leaders offered condolences.

"As a dad, you would like to see your daughter grow up and see her have a family of her own one day. And unfortunately, Ashlynne won't experience any of this," Shawn Mike said.

I want to stay updated I want this assholes head on a platter. I just thought we could remember this is someone's baby. She was brutally abused. That's enough to make me want to lock all my daughters in a tower. Repeating over and over again what and when wont bring her back. Let's focus on this asswipe!!!

Do you think that anyone commenting here doesn't take into account that Ashlynne has a family out there? A family who has been given the facts pertaining to the circumstances and faced the evidence of what happened to the 11 year old daughter they sent to school that morning but never found her way home that afternoon? Let's not even send her case to trial as it would just be repeating the same what and when brutal facts over and over again because after all, it won't bring Ashlynne back.

Alcoholism is a huge issue on those reservations. my guess is he wanted to rape her but she would stop crying. He hit her in the head to silence her but then she was all bloody (head wounds bleed ALOT) so here is a man that is obviously new to the whole kidnap rape thing and suddenly he is panicking so he hits her again and leaves.

Why he let the brother go... Yeah no clue. I mean once you kill one kid why let one live. Only thing that comes to mind is all the adrenaline, confusion, and possibly alcohol just made him want to get as far away as possible and killing a second kid on the road decreased his chance for a "clean" getaway.

Also it could just be he is an idiot.

Back