• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

amac

Trusted Member
http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=31868198&catId=112042

10457810_G.jpg

Posted: May 02, 2016 4:08PM CDT

Sources say Tavarreon Dickerson is wanted in the death of a 7-week-old girl. They also say Dickerson was the father.

Police said the case was originally investigated as child abuse.

According to the University of Tulsa athletics page, Dickerson enrolled at the school in 2014 after transferring from Trinity Valley Community College.

He played in eight games in 2014, rushing for 132 yards on 34 carries.

The TU Athletic Department confirmed Dickerson left the program after the 2015 season.

A judge issued a warrant for his arrest Monday afternoon.

[...]

Really? 7w/o baby? 49 days old. This is just unfathomable. How could anyone do this?
The only thing they do at that age is poop and sleep. That is it. Sometime they smile. Occasionally they cry. But 12hrs out of the day the little poopers sleep.
Just. What. The. Fuck.

Ugh. 7 weeks. Marlee was like 6 pounds then. Nick held her like she was a bar of gold. How can anyone abuse someone so tiny and innocent. I want to hear the whole story before I damn him but I can't see how he can be innocent unless he tripped over a carpet and dropped her.. That is pretty unlikely though.

Both of my kids screamed a shit load at that age, that's what cribs and bouncers and shit are for. You can put your kid down for five minutes and collect yourself. Now that I have kids these stories piss me off even more.

7 weeks old... They're so tiny and sweet. I don't know how someone can hurt something so precious. :(

In that first few months both parents are normally bonding with the baby and just in awe that they "made" this. I guess he wasn't thrilled to become a dad after all.

I have to admit (without making excuses for this piece of shit) that our second baby was MISERABLE for her first 9 weeks here on earth. If she wasn't sleeping, she was screaming. It broke my heart and the hearts of people around us. People used to come over JUST to hold her for us, while she cried. If she was our first, she'd have been our last - it was that bad.

I understand being frustrated with a crying baby probably more than many, and yet less than many. But never once - EVER, did I contemplate hurting her, myself, her sister or anyone else.

If that's what happened here - fuck him with a bag of chainsaws. Forget that - whatever happened here to this week sweet baby - fuck him with a bag of chainsaws AND more!

If I did not figure out baby wearing 3 kids ago I would have 2 less kids lol LIFE SAVING I tell you. Plus it helps bonding so much. These kids spend a whole life always moving, always snug and warm in your tummy. they hear you speak and hear your heart beating like a lullaby... Then we pull them out and toss them in a crib. I would be pretty pissed too hehehe
[doublepost=1462458474,1462297886][/doublepost]Just found this

The girl died of multiple blunt impact injuries and also suffered bleeding of the brain. She also had two broken ribs that were starting to heal with fractures that “most likely occurred within one to four weeks prior to death,” according to the medical examiner.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...cused-of-murder-in-baby-daughters-death.html/

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A judge has ruled that there is enough evidence for the case against a man accused in the January death of his 6-week-old daughter in Tulsa can proceed to trial.

The Tulsa World (http://bit.ly/2aKPFRP ) reports that the judge made his ruling on Tuesday after hearing testimony.

Twenty-two-year-old Tavarreon Dickerson is charged with child-abuse murder, and is set to be arraigned Aug. 18. He has pleaded not guilty.

Authorities say Dickerson told police that his daughter, Raylie, was fussy and he took her to the living room to sleep. Police say the child was later found limp. She was taken to a hospital, where she died three days later.

A state medical examiner's report says the child died from multiple blunt impact injuries.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Case-against-man-in-daughter-s-Tulsa-death-to-go-9161932.php

Dec 5, 2017

Jury selection began Monday afternoon in a child-abuse murder case against a former University of Tulsa football player charged in the death of his 6-week-old daughter.

Tavarreon Mingo Dickerson is accused of causing the death of Raylie Dickerson early Jan. 10, 2016, by inflicting “abusive head trauma” caused by “excessive force” in shaking her at a home he shared with the child’s mother, his wife, in the 3300 block of East Fifth Place.

He was charged May 2, 2016, and has been held in the Tulsa Jail without bond since his arrest eight days later.

Dickerson’s trial will continue throughout the week before District Judge Doug Drummond.

Testimony from Raylie’s mother, Jenna Dickerson, during the defendant’s August 2016 preliminary hearing indicated that he told her around 3 a.m. that he would put Raylie, who was “being fussy,” to sleep.

Jenna Dickerson said she dozed off shortly afterward but woke up when her husband “ran in and said we needed to go to the hospital right away.” He reportedly told her that he also dozed off on the couch in their living room for no more than 30 minutes and had no explanation for how Raylie ended up in cardiac arrest.

Dr. Michael Baxter testified that the injuries he identified on Raylie’s body in addition to head trauma included two rib fractures that were healing, as well as signs of spinal cord bleeding. He said the severity of Raylie’s injuries led him to conclude that someone inflicted them upon her.

Dickerson is also scheduled for a preliminary hearing Friday related to claims that he and his cellmate had in their cell homemade alcohol and a shank fashioned by sharpening the end of a toothbrush. A sheriff’s deputy who searched the cell reported finding the shank inside a sock wedged under the sink and said Dickerson and his cellmate denied ownership of the weapon.

Despite this, an arrest report states that Dickerson admitted knowing the alcohol and shank were inside his cell. He was charged last month with possession of contraband.

57aa5e20e86c0.image.jpg

From Sugar's link:

Dickerson is also scheduled for a preliminary hearing Friday related to claims that he and his cellmate had in their cell homemade alcohol and a shank fashioned by sharpening the end of a toothbrush. A sheriff’s deputy who searched the cell reported finding the shank inside a sock wedged under the sink and said Dickerson and his cellmate denied ownership of the weapon.

+1 for including "shank" in this story.

Dec 8, 2017

A former University of Tulsa running back was found guilty Friday night of child-abuse murder in the death of his 6-week-old daughter, with the jury recommending he spend life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Tavarreon Mingo Dickerson, 24, was accused of causing Raylie Dickerson’s death on Jan. 13, 2016, by inflicting multiple blunt force trauma injuries three days earlier. Investigators said Dickerson shook the baby after she struggled to go to sleep following an early-morning bottle feeding.

The jury deliberated about eight hours before convicting Dickerson, who will be sentenced Dec. 18 by Tulsa County District Judge Doug Drummond.

During closing arguments Friday morning, Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis said Dickerson demonstrated a pattern of misconduct, referencing prior injuries his two other children sustained while in his care that she said were the result of abuse.

The state also sought to introduce evidence of domestic abuse that prosecutors said Dickerson perpetrated against his wife, who is Raylie’s mother, as further signs of the safety risk he posed to his family.

“Either, darn the luck, this defendant is the most unlucky person in all the world, or he can’t take it when kids cry and fuss and goes way too far with his physical abilities,” McAmis said.

Dickerson has denied wrongdoing in the incident and told investigators that Raylie was fussier than usual because he and his wife had changed the baby formula a few days earlier.

Raylie’s mother said she handed the baby to Dickerson at roughly 3:30 a.m. Jan. 10, 2016, in hopes that he would be able to help her get back to sleep.

Testimony indicated the mother called 911 after seeing that Raylie was unresponsive, and revealed that she attempted to administer CPR to her before the baby was taken to a hospital, where she died.

Dickerson did not testify, but the jury heard a series of audio recordings from his interviews with authorities who investigated Raylie’s death.

McArtor painted a sympathetic picture of his client during his closing argument.

“He’s the father who’s lost his child,” the attorney told the jury. “He’s the father who doesn’t know what happened to his child. He’s the father who wants to know what happened to his child. He’s the father now separate from his wife and his children. He’s the father now who’s trying to finish up his studies at the University of Tulsa."

McAmis, in her argument, asserted that “there can be no question that he used unreasonable force” upon Raylie, whose death the state Medical Examiner’s Office determined was a homicide.

She also contended that Dickerson’s threats of suicide detailed by his wife during her testimony were an attempt to avoid justice.

“Raylie would have and should have turned 2 years old on Saturday (Dec. 2), but she was never given that opportunity,” McAmis said.

The prosecutor said after the trial that she was pleased the jury spent significant time considering all available evidence, which she said proved Dickerson “lost control” the night Raylie was injured.

“And because of that, she lost her life and a family was destroyed,” McAmis said. “But today Raylie finally has the justice that she deserves.”
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_014ba552-42a7-5f33-b1cf-33ccd96c19c6.html

Latest posts

Back