• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Heatheness

Que Sera, Sera
COLUMBUS -

One Starbucks customer may like iced coffee, but thinks there's just too much ice in the chain's drinks. Now the Illinois woman is suing to change it.

Stacy Pincus filed the $5 million lawsuit against the Starbucks coffee chain. In the lawsuit, she says the fluid ounce size Starbucks advertises isn't what customers actually gets, because much of it is ice.

According to CNN, the lawsuit uses a venti-sized cold drink as an example. Venti is advertised as a 24-ounce drink, but when you order iced, only 14 ounces is the drink. The other 10 ounces is just ice.

Starbucks told CNN they're aware of Pincus' lawsuit, but...doesn't think it has any merit.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/offbeat/starbucks-sued-for-putting-too-much-ice-in-iced-coffee

Last edited:
But...but....but I'm so traumatized that I will need the 5 mill for therapy, cold coffee drinkers matter too!o_O

Because Starbucks is so evil! Don't all businesses bulk up the ice content to eek out the profit? They are counting on people being obedient sheep and not asking for something different.
So why not sue every company who overloads the cup with ice.

Also there is nothing in the article to compare with any other company's iced coffee. Show me some comparison or sue them all for ice padding fraud.

I worked for years as a barista and was shocked at how little actual coffee is in most drinks. Mostly water or milk and ice but no one seems to mind. If I had topay for my Starbucks I wouldnt bother ( I have the hookup lol) the only coffee that is coffee at Starbucks, is coffee. Sorry for the redundancy!!

I am not a complainer...well I am but I complain to HIM...and he fixes everything...including when there is just not enough whipped cream on the top of my Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte ...I would rather sick HIM on them than a lawyer...Lawyers cost money...and of course they'll want a cut.

I get large iced coffees from dunkin donuts all the time. I've learned my lesson to ask for light ice or they load up with Ice and not enough drink. It is what it is. Ice coffee lol. Well its nothing to throw a bitch fit over and sue them for millions. Seriously. This lawsuit is just as annoying as the lawsuit that McDonald's had when they were being sued for them getting fat

This is ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is stupid judges finding merit in these BS suits and not throwing them out and charging the idiots for the court time. Judges start treating this shit like the crap it is and these losers would stop this crap real fast, now they have nothing to lose and all to gain

No, what's ridiculous is stupid judges finding merit in these BS suits and not throwing them out and charging the idiots for the court time. Judges start treating this shit like the crap it is and these losers would stop this crap real fast, now they have nothing to lose and all to gain

Boys are winning lawsuits daily from pediatricians who cut their foreskin at two days old siting they never gave "consent". The court is really on the victims side. Most people settle. I hope Starbucks holds their ground. You could always say no ice, no water.

Boys are winning lawsuits daily from pediatricians who cut their foreskin at two days old siting they never gave "consent". The court is really on the victims side. Most people settle. I hope Starbucks holds their ground. You could always say no ice, no water.
Only victim is the tax payer
These people you state winning law suits are not victims, we tax payers are the only victims and judges are idiots

I get large iced coffees from dunkin donuts all the time. I've learned my lesson to ask for light ice or they load up with Ice and not enough drink. It is what it is. Ice coffee lol. Well its nothing to throw a bitch fit over and sue them for millions. Seriously. This lawsuit is just as annoying as the lawsuit that McDonald's had when they were being sued for them getting fat

This is ridiculous.
I have a DD 24 0z tumbler so I can get my Ice coffee for $.99 at most locations.

I have a DD 24 0z tumbler so I can get my Ice coffee for $.99 at most locations.
You want ice get tea, whoever sued mcD and won was a travesty, fuck stupid people
They elected fucking Obama twice and still think dumb fuck 2 cell is a genius

I wish that the only worries I had were invented bullshit worries like this...
I know, right?
I want that bitches husband because you just know she's living a perfect life if this is he unjust s.

If you're reading this, Honey, Come're you. I'll show you the love.
[doublepost=1462249228,1462249039][/doublepost]
This happened to my son. No one asked me if I wanted part of his penis cut off.
Is this really a thing? Going back 31 years and sue the doctors?

I know, right?
I want that bitches husband because you just know she's living a perfect life if this is he unjust s.

If you're reading this, Honey, Come're you. I'll show you the love.
[doublepost=1462249228,1462249039][/doublepost]
This happened to my son. No one asked me if I wanted part of his penis cut off.
Is this really a thing? Going back 31 years and sue the doctors?

OMG! Keep? They circumcised your son without your consent???? WTF?

I have an issue with my favourite chain store. I regularly buy a mocha coffee from various outlets. They all put different amounts of chocolate in them. Why can't they just stick to the recipe?

If ice is worth $5M, then I reckon I could go for $10M over chocolate. :woot:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...gn=Feed:+reuters/businessNews+(Business+News)
Starbucks customers may seek damages over underfilled lattes: judge
[....]
In a decision on Friday, U.S. District Judge Thelton Henderson in San Francisco said the California plaintiffs may seek damages from Starbucks Corp in their proposed nationwide class action, including for fraud and false advertising.

Starbucks was accused of overcharging customers by systematically serving lattes that are 25 percent too small, based on a recipe it adopted in 2009 to save money on milk.

The plaintiffs, Siera Strumlauf of San Francisco and Benjamin Robles of Carlsbad, said Starbucks requires baristas to use pitchers for heating milk with etched "fill to" lines that are too low, and to leave 1/4 inch of free space in drink cups.

They said this shorts customers because Starbucks' cups for tall, grande and venti lattes hold exactly 12, 16 and 20 ounces.

"This is not a case where the alleged deception is simply implausible as a matter of law," Henderson wrote. "The court finds it probable that a significant portion of the latte-consuming public could believe that a 'Grande' contains 16 ounces of fluid."

Henderson did not rule on the case's merits. He dismissed three of the plaintiffs' eight claims against Seattle-based Starbucks, as well as their request for injunctive relief.

Starbucks spokesman Reggie Borges on Monday said the company believes the lawsuit is without merit and is prepared to defend itself against the remaining claims.

He also said that if a customer is not satisfied with how a beverage is prepared, "we will gladly remake it."

Lawyers for the plaintiffs did not immediately respond on Monday to requests for comment.

The case is Strumlauf et al v. Starbucks Corp, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, No. 16-01306.

Dear Siera and Benjamin. There's always the option of, you know, not buying coffee at Starbucks if you feel the company is screwing you over. These days it's possible to buy coffee at more than one location. Crazy times we're living in, I know.

I know almost no people in my direct surroundings who regularly buy coffee at Starbucks (or Shitbucks as the students call it, very witty) because it is so outrageously expensive. Is it still so popular in the US? I'm guessing the prices are lower, at least...

This is ridiculous. Simply ask for easy ice and they will comply with your requests. There's no need to tie up our court system over coffee and frozen water.

Back