• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://wwmt.com/news/local/w-mich-substitute-teacher-fired-for-using-anatomical-word-during-lesson
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A West Michigan substitute teacher says she was fired for using an anatomical word during a teaching lesson.

The Battle Creek substitute teacher was fired on Friday, and says she had no clue saying the word "vagina" would cost her her job.
[....]
The substitute art teacher claims she said it to a room full of 8th graders trying to explain historical interpretations of Georgia O'Keefe's paintings. But to school officials, Wint crossed the line--and violated school policy.

"I did not know about this policy, they were entirely within their right to remove me, however I was not aware of this policy beforehand; if I had known about this policy, I would have never done it without approval," Wint said.

But her explanation wasn't enough; Harper Creek Community Schools released a quote from their school handbook, indicating teachers are required to get advanced approval when discussing any form of reproductive health.
[....]
"I honestly had no words, because I've always been an advocate of not censoring art and music and writing," she said.

After clearing out her classroom and packing all her artwork into her car, Wint says losing her students hurts more than losing her job and she will not fight her termination.

"I harbor no ill will against them," she said.

Wint was a longtime substitute, placed at Harper Creek through an outside agency.

She says she now plans to look for work somewhere else.

My mind was blown when my 6 year old daughter came home from kindergarten and told me, "The sperm enters the egg." This was like 20 years ago.

I was like...aarrggghh! But just figured that's what they were teaching.

The fucking dumb-assed shit our country gets all riled up about. Is it any wonder we have a nation of entitled morons?

The ridiculous thing about this is that it probably wouldn't have gone like this in the 60s when pearl clutching was still an actual thing.

It's a sad time for this nation.

Well what else should she have called it? That's what it is! Why does everybody get so freaking butthurt?

VAGINA!

VAGINA!

VAGINA!

I've got a VAGINA!

Well what else should she have called it? That's what it is! Why does everybody get so freaking butthurt?
She should have been age appropriate, while teaching children about Georgia O'Keefe's paintings she should have sad "these paintings straight up look like a love muffin". or a cooter would have also been appropriate.

She should have been age appropriate, while teaching children about Georgia O'Keefe's paintings she should have sad "these paintings straight up look like a love muffin". or a cooter would have also been appropriate.

Maybe because I'm a realist or medical professional, I don't believe in that. Why give children a stigma to overcome later in life? It's a vagina! When they learn the proper word "vagina" there's nothing funny about the word. Just like they don't laugh at the word "horse" or "plate" or "house".

P.S. I taught young children in my day as well.

Maybe because I'm a realist or medical professional, I don't believe in that. Why give children a stigma to overcome later in life? It's a vagina! When they learn the proper word "vagina" there's nothing funny about the word. Just like they don't laugh at the word "horse" or "plate" or "house".
Are you serious....Do you really think That I was serious....Love muffin , cooter????? really?

COOTER????

Are you serious....Do you really think That I was serious....Love muffin , cooter????? really?

COOTER????

OMG I'm so happy you were joking, I thought you were serious at first and disagreed with your statement. A vagina is what it is...a vagina and it should be called that.

COOTER????

WHEW! *wipes forehead* I was beginning to wonder there for a minute mom! LMAO! I've heard of all kinds of "little girl" names for vaginas. I thought you were just going there, too. :YOW:

Guys....LOVE MUFFIN!!! Thats some word gold right there and should never be wasted on children...Not to mention the implication of "love muffin" would be that a vagina serves only one purpose, not really appropriate for kids. Cooter on the other hand is fine:penguin:

Last edited:
Let's just call it a twat and leave it at that:jawdrop:
[doublepost=1461777484,1461777282][/doublepost]Also, are you discussing reproductive health when you say, "people say her paintings resemble a vagina,?" It seems to me that you'd be discussing paintings :confused:

Guys....LOVE MUFFIN!!! Thats some word gold right there and should never be wasted on children...Not to mention the implication of "love muffin" would be that a vagina serves only one purpose, not really appropriate for kids. Cooter on the other hand is fine:penguin:
I thought cooter was a turtle. @DamagedGoods shows us her cooter all the time.

Also, are you discussing reproductive health when you say, "people say her paintings resemble a vagina,?" It seems to me that you'd be discussing paintings
Thats why I said Georgia O'Keefe's paintings look like a straight up love muffin...They really do, that lady had a lot of twat on her mind.

Hmmm . . . Love Muffin . . . A hippie. Yeah . . . a hippie would use that word. And Love Baguettes for boys because they're long and kinda hard depending on when you pick them up from the bakery. Freshness is important you know!

Hey, I could see some mullet having redneck telling his little girl - as he steps out of his trailer, beer in hand - "Don'chu let'em touch yor cooter, ya hear?" Totally believable.

How is merely pointing out the historical fact that Okeefe painted pussy flowers = discussing womens reproductive health? Did she spin this shit into something more?

What a terrible, terrible fucking school.

I mean what better way to spark an interest and excitement in art history amongst a group of 8th graders then to show them that there's serious, respected artists who made a career doing the same type of shit they do, drawing pictures of things that look like genitalia.

You know some parent had to of complained too. How else would the school officials learn of it?

Battle Creek has a large muslim community, wouldn't be surprised if an uppity, super conservative muslim parent heard about this lesson and went bitchin and moaning about it. Whoever it was, the complaining parent is a piece of absolute fucking filth.

I would have said "female genitalia" which is more accurate than vagina. Vagina is just one thing: that tube that penises enter, and babies and stuff comes out of. Female genitalia covers the whole area, and that's what O'Keefe's paintings resemble. Anyway, O'Keefe painted a lot of other things besides twatty flowers.
If I was an art teacher, I'd stick to O'Keefe's other artwork with 8th graders, saves trouble, plenty of material to work with.
[doublepost=1462211072,1462168052][/doublepost]
I mean what better way to spark an interest and excitement in art history amongst a group of 8th graders then to show them that there's serious, respected artists who made a career doing the same type of shit they do, drawing pictures of things that look like genitalia.
Jack is so right! After the sniggering is over from the word vagina, the class can all draw orchids, sliced figs, sliced ham, mussels...
ad1b16_sauteed_mussels.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

4416878692_931d29e2c7.jpg

520-Spiral-sliced-bone-in-ham_1_.jpg

Hey
My mind was blown when my 6 year old daughter came home from kindergarten and told me, "The sperm enters the egg." This was like 20 years ago.

I was like...aarrggghh! But just figured that's what they were teaching.

The fucking dumb-assed shit our country gets all riled up about. Is it any wonder we have a nation of entitled morons?
ROD! LOL been a while since we talked.. Ya think this shit pisses ya off you should go checkout the dumb bitch suing starbucks for 5 million dollars for too much ice in her drink lol. Just thought I'd make ya a little bit more annoyed with people! YOUR WELCOME ; )

Back