• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Heatheness

Que Sera, Sera
A would-be burglar is in the hospital after an 11-year-old boy shot the alleged crook in the leg, preventing his family’s home from being robbed.

Chris Gaither was all alone when a man broke into the Talladega, Alabama, home. ...his stepfather taught him how to use a firearm, grabbed a 9mm handgun and... warned the criminal of his intent to use the weapon. “I told him I was going to kill him if he didn’t get out of my house,” Gaither said.

“When he was coming down the stairs, that’s when he told me he was going to kill me, f-you and all that,” Gaither added.

The intruder got past the boy and attempted to leave the property as the young man started shooting. Gaither’s first 11 shots missed the fleeing robber. However, his 12th and final shot hit the mark.

“It was a full metal jacket bullet. It went straight through the back of his leg. He started crying like a little baby,” said the smiling youngster.

Police have not released the identity of the alleged intruder.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ntruder-he-started-crying-like-a-little-baby/

Pathetic shit. Sad that a kid had to be put in that situation by that asshole where he had to shoot him.

By the sounds of things, the kid isn't exactly traumatized by the whole thing and I can't decide whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Ultimately, I'm glad he's safe and the wimpy cowardly thief is hurting big time.

“It was a full metal jacket bullet. It went straight through the back of his leg. He started crying like a little baby,” said the smiling youngster.
If this was my kid I wouldnt fuck around...if he wanted a peanut butter and jelly I would haul ass to get it for him, this kid is a little scary.:wideyed:

I hope the kid is taken to trial. Its only a matter of time before he kills again. At least for mental evaluation.

If someone kills my entire family, and then I kill that person, i would be traumatized. AFTER KILLING SOMEONE YOU SHOULD BE TRAUMATIZED MOT SMILING. THAT IS NOT NORMAL PEOPLE BEHAVIOR?!

Read a bit more carefully: he did not kill the intruder nor attempt to do so. He just shot him in the leg.

Someone throw this kid a parade. He gave the guy fair warning before capping him.
I bet he'll think twice before breaking and entering a residence that isn't his.

I hope the kid is taken to trial. Its only a matter of time before he kills again. At least for mental evaluation.

If someone kills my entire family, and then I kill that person, i would be traumatized. AFTER KILLING SOMEONE YOU SHOULD BE TRAUMATIZED MOT SMILING. THAT IS NOT NORMAL PEOPLE BEHAVIOR?!

I cannot imagine why you "hope" this child is "taken to trial." And what, pray tell, would he be facing charges of?

While I agree that it's a bit unsettling to see such an almost proud demeanor on a child after shooting a man, there are more factors here that bear regarding; the first of which is perhaps he's more than a little overwhelmed with what just happened, and his "smiling" is more out of relief than of any sort of victory that he'd just shot another human being?

And he's not you or I; this kid is 11. Eleven! I wouldn't have had the presence of mind at that age to even aim the damn thing, let alone find my target and effectively stop him from robbing my home (and God knows what else, once he'd discovered the boy had seen him.) That had to be terrifying! That man came into this child's home to break the law, and this boy warned him, more than once (verbally, and then by the ten or so shots that missed before firing the one that didn't.) He told the man to leave, it's not like he grabbed a gun and ran around going, "Yay, I gidda use my gun finally!" He only used it after (more than) fair warning, and I know MANY adults who wouldn't have been so lenient as he was in allowing him time to get out.

What's this comment, "before he kills again?" I've seen this before in your comments; kind of sliding a non-fact into a paragraph hoping it'll be taken as the truth, because it helps make a case for your point. Kind of a "Where's Waldo" of bullshit statements, if you will. I'm all for a good debate, but come on.... he didn't kill him and you know that. Hell, the title of this story says as much (he did make him cry, though.... should he be taken to court before he "causes sobbing" perhaps?)

I wish this story hadn't happened to report, but it did. I wish some dicktip hadn't broke into a house with a child alone inside, but he did. And I wish the guy would've just left before the kid warned him to, but he didn't. But I do NOT wish the child had just cowered in a corner and allowed his home (and perhaps his person) to be violated, I'm glad he held his own and I'm glad there WASN'T a death for him to deal with later.

I'd rather see a bit of a smile of relief and/or pride than -- who knows, a child killed for witnessing the crime and having no means to protect himself. Please remember: He didn't ask for this to happen, he just responded as he'd been taught to respond when the situation did arise. And I think in light of his grace under fire he's earned himself a bit of a grin. I don't see how anyone could begrudge him that small reward, I believe he earned it.

Go to trial before he kills again.... God it's like you read a different story than I... either some mild trolling (and if so, you're not even trying) or, at best, a misunderstanding of the facts as they happened; either way, yours was just too WTF a statement not to reply to, seriously.

This young man is apparently mature enough to understand guns and stay home alone. I'm sure his dad went over gun safety with him. Most people who raise their children like that respect guns and what they are capable of doing and are very safe because of that.

He told the boy he was going to kill him and was probably walking towards him. Justifiable shooting IMO.

I love that this little boy protected himself and his home.

I'd be a bit embarrassed if it took my kid 12 shots. Holy cow, target practice dude. :fish:
Really tho, he hit a moving target and didn't kill the dude. I'm proud of him.

I love this kid!! I'm so sorry this happened to him, but I agree, he earned that big grin and who knows, in a day or so afterwards, the shock of what actually happened may hit him and he'll feel differently. He's eleven for Christs sake!! I'm glad he had a great head on his shoulders.

And @strity1994 please make sure you actually read the entire story and understand it before you post stupid stuff.

The first 11 shots missed lol daddy needs to take him back to the beer cans on the fence post! Good for him teaching him to protect himself. I just hope he stressed safety and such but it seems most die hard, right to bare arm parents skip that part at least where I live.

I don't know, Strity.
Firstly darlin, the intruder isn't dead - just injured - although I'll bet it hurts like hell.

I kind of agree though, on the kid should be traumatized. I'm conflicted on whether this is a good thing or bad thing - PTSD hits people for all sorts of reasons as most of us understand, my concern is that he's such a tender age to have used a gun to maim someone (despite that I agree he had the right to protect himself - and he gave the intruder plenty of warnings) I'm more worried about this kid suffering mental health ramifications in the long run over this.

I find the smiling and what not, an odd response - because I expect him to be traumatized - not a kid reared to be a lunatic gun nut. However - everyone responds very differently after a major event like this.

Some cry, some laugh, some say supposedly inappropriate things, some show no reaction at all. It doesn't make them automatically a worrying problem. But.

On the chance this kid is genuinely excited and proud to have shot another human being - then yes, that is worrying in my opinion.

I would hope, irrespective of how this kid genuinely currently feels about this, that he is getting professional mental health support to assist him in working through this so that it doesn't come back one day and bite him in the ass in the form of trauma or PTSD.

Don't forget, immediately after such a major event happening, this kid would have experienced a tremendous dose of adrenalin from his brain. Combine that with the cultural ideology of 'protecting your home from an intruder' that is very popular in America and this could well have made him giddy, silly, unbelievably relieved that he survived, pride, excitement, and he probably felt that due to those cultural reasons, he would no doubt get, a pat on the back from a lot of people for shooting a filthy thief, for protecting his home, for being brave and courageous.

Now imagine all of that running through his head simultaneously, whilst his heart is literally pounding, his little legs are like jelly, his lungs gasping for air - and add that he's 11. With an eleven year old's maturity and wisdom and understanding of the world and consequences.

What a freaking rollercoaster for the little dude.

I'm still unsure on it all, however, I do think wholeheartedly that his response, while odd in some respects, can't be used to judge him at this point. Give it 6-12 months and see how he feels about it all then, for a more accurate read on this kid.

Last edited:
I thought shooting people who are running away was a no-no.
Depending on the state, it typically becomes illegal once they get out of your house.
If they are hit while in the house, (again... depending on the state) you can shoot 'em in the head, ass, front, back, etc. They qualify as a moving target, as long as they are where they don't belong.

Yeah, 11 shots is a bit extreme, but I'm sure the kid was scared. He probably didn't really wanna shoot the guy or actually harm him.

Glad the fucker has something to think about now. Pisses me off how some people think they're entitled to the belongings of others.

Its okay @strity1994, the kid was probably high from popping some of daddy's prescription pills. Based on your previous bullshit, he's blameless and just needs hugs and a puppy.

It's really fucking hard to breath and track a moving target. You and target practice all day on stand still items. MOST people do not practice on moving targets, factor he's scared, pissed, adrenaline, enhance awareness, rapid breathing - this kid did AWESOME ♡

First if someone killed my whole family, the only reason I would ever smile again would be if I got to kill that person:smuggrin:. Second if you watch the video the kid tells his story calmly and barely raises his lip in a smile. He sounds and acts just like a normal kid.

First if someone killed my whole family, the only reason I would ever smile again would be if I got to kill that person:smuggrin:. Second if you watch the video the kid tells his story calmly and barely raises his lip in a smile. He sounds and acts just like a normal kid.

Absolutely! That would be the only thing that would bring me any kind of peace.

Back