• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
While this is no "Momo", it's been a fascinating read; drama, comedy, pathos, it's all here.

Seriously though, I've seen it all before, and only the names change. These social constructs develop in every long-term forum. You should have seen the dox-fest at Rotten dotcom when it was discovered a member was molesting his daughters, and it all started for no more reason than the guy's posting format! I shit you not, a drama that ran for years started over nothing more than a guy cOnsiStENtly MiXinG lOwEr cAse aNd CaPS.

Point being, I don't know how you prevent the development of factions in a forum, particularly when forums are places where people can speak their minds sans mask or social filters. There are people whose posts you look forward to, then begin to identify with, then there are those you know are going to make you groan. Sometimes you itch to reply but instead of stirring the pot, you pm a like minded member to vent.

Personally I keep it to that level, one message to one person, to keep me from yielding to the impulse to publicly disembowel someone on the forum.

To sum up, we're social creatures on social media, so I don't know how you can prevent subgroups from forming.

You always say shit like this...its needy as all fuck. And almost automatically makes your post seem unimportant.
[doublepost=1462028750,1462028720][/doublepost]

That sounds cold and scratchy.

Oh Lith,

it's just a saying around where I live. As you tell people, just get over it. I know how important I am. How intelligent I am. And that what I say is worth saying. However, to most people, my personal opinion IS probably unimportant. So it's just a way to let people know I don't think I'm better than they are, because I'm not. :rolleyes:

Oh Lith,

it's just a saying around where I live. As you tell people, just get over it. I know how important I am. How intelligent I am. And that what I say is worth saying. However, to most people, my personal opinion IS probably unimportant. So it's just a way to let people know I don't think I'm better than they are, because I'm not. :rolleyes:
Personally i like your opinions so far. Direct that shit at me if you want. Lol

Something happened a long time ago and something again happened 2 years ago.. well wot is going on now? There's Lith, Kat, and I guess Diaf over here and then we have Nell, Bg, and almost everybody else over there?

Smooth balls aren't very manly
Thank you jeebus! at least someone gets it!

While this is no "Momo", it's been a fascinating read; drama, comedy, pathos, it's all here.

Seriously though, I've seen it all before, and only the names change. These social constructs develop in every long-term forum. You should have seen the dox-fest at Rotten dotcom when it was discovered a member was molesting his daughters, and it all started for no more reason than the guy's posting format! I shit you not, a drama that ran for years started over nothing more than a guy cOnsiStENtly MiXinG lOwEr cAse aNd CaPS.

Point being, I don't know how you prevent the development of factions in a forum, particularly when forums are places where people can speak their minds sans mask or social filters. There are people whose posts you look forward to, then begin to identify with, then there are those you know are going to make you groan. Sometimes you itch to reply but instead of stirring the pot, you pm a like minded member to vent.

Personally I keep it to that level, one message to one person, to keep me from yielding to the impulse to publicly disembowel someone on the forum.

To sum up, we're social creatures on social media, so I don't know how you can prevent subgroups from forming.

So... what you're saying is to never trust someone who randomizes their choice of capital letters?
[doublepost=1462061121,1462060498][/doublepost]And now for the better Let It Go

So... what you're saying is to never trust someone who randomizes their choice of capital letters?
[doublepost=1462061121,1462060498][/doublepost]And now for the better Let It Go

Absolutely, the random capitals were the core issue of the post.:woot:
[doublepost=1462062273][/doublepost]
Come over here and sit next to me. I want to hear all of what you have to say.
Can you keep your mouth shut? That's essential.

If we want to break the record (and just for curiosity's sake, what thread was that)? Then everyone, quick, start posting otter gifs, maybe it will lure Pete back!! We'd smash that record then!!!

I daresay it's a Caylee thread, there's is also at least 5-6 threads on Caylee but I think they are longer than 31 pages, tho.

Enough raging. Time to mellow out. I'm curious about the 31 page thing too. Anyone care to explain?

Was it Momo?

Feng Shui

This thread has been awesome! I laughed, I cried! It's better than Cats! I'm going to read it again and again!

Back