• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.newser.com/story/223899/teen-electrocuted-while-trying-youtube-experiment.html
A 15-year-old Ohio boy was electrocuted apparently while attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube that involves a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity, authorities said Wednesday.

Morgan Wojciechowski's parents found him Tuesday in the garage of their Vermilion Township home in northern Ohio, said Jared Oliver, chief deputy with the Erie County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities weren't sure whether the parents heard something or just went to check on their son, Oliver said.

Emergency crews called to the home took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Oliver said the high school freshman apparently was trying to conduct an experiment called Jacob's Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

[....]
found a battery pack from a microwave oven attached to an electrical outlet by extension cords, with jumper cables going from the battery pack to two pieces of a wire hanger. The hanger pieces apparently were intended to be used as the points for the electricity to travel along, Oliver said.

Jacob's Ladder displays are sometimes found in science museums and centers. In demonstrations, an electric spark jumps between two parallel wires when electrons fed into one of the wires repel each other, heating up the surrounding air so the spark rises with the hot air before dying at the top of the wires.

Various websites discussing Jacob's Ladder warn it can be dangerous and should not be done at home.
[....]
"He was doing this on his own," the deputy said.

The superintendent of the Vermilion Local School District, Philip Pempin, issued a statement Wednesday saying the boy's was a "vibrant student and athlete who was well liked at Vermilion High School."

Calls to the family's home Wednesday were met with a busy signal.
teen-dies-electocution-science-experiment-youtube__oPt_zps1ytv2dpq.jpg

Calls to the family's home Wednesday were met with a busy signal

Stop bugging these people they're already on the phone with people that really care. FUCK!

+++So glad my kids grew out of the sciences...its true they did...they stopped liking it when they got to high school and started getting loads of homework. Before that everything came in a kits...mix this mix that...there you go you have a rubber ball that works. or magnets...or whatever.

Kid died...I hope he gets top prize in the science fair for effort.

Well shit! Now I know that process won't work. Back to the drawing board. Only a couple hundred days left to finish building my Jacob's Ladder for my Halloween Mad Scientist's Lab!

...electrocuted apparently while attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube that involves a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity...

Fear of ominous sounding things like "high-voltage arc of electricity" is what's kept me alive this long.

Last edited:
YouTube is now the Anarchist's Cookbook of the next generation.
I feel bad for this kid. I bet he was just geeking out in the garage.

This is EXACTLY why a 15 year-old boy's time is better spent getting high and trying to score some pussy:meh:

Last edited:
Poor kid. Granted it was dangerous as all shit, but at least he was trying to do something productive and educational, as opposed to, well, I don't know - jerry rigging a vacuum cleaner hose for super masturbation or some crap.

With an inquisitive and bright mind like that, who knows what kind of achievements and inventions the world may have seen thanks to him.

May he be at peace, wherever he is and I hope his poor parents are OK. Terrible shock for them.

Back