• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
Four-year-old Emily Rose Perrin was resting on her stomach, playing with her dolls, her golden curls hanging around her face. She was a happy child, her brother told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, though she battled cystic fibrosis, a genetic disorder that wreaks havoc on the lungs.

She was no doubt excited — she was turning 5 the next day.

Moments later, witnesses later told police, her mother — naked and possibly high — climbed on top of Emily and pressed her hands against the girl’s nose and mouth, according to court records. The mother was holding a chain dog leash, saying “she was sending Emily to see Jesus,” the documents said.

When first responders arrived at the home in Dupo, a village in Illinois just a stone’s throw from the Missouri border, the girl was lying on the living-room floor.

“My little sister was an angel, a little princess,” her older brother, William Perrin, told the Post-Dispatch this week. “She always smiled, even though in life she was handed lemons. She had a difficult life.”

BBs7xyQ.img

The girl’s mother, 36-year-old Mary B. Lockett, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder for “intentionally impeding the normal breathing” of the child, according to the criminal complaint.

She is being held in the St. Clair County Jail on $1 million bail. Her public defender could not immediately be reached for comment.

images
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...rged-with-suffocating-her-daughter/ar-BBs7v66
[doublepost=1461594782,1461594668][/doublepost]Possibly HIGH???

Moments later, witnesses later told police, her mother — naked and possibly high — climbed on top of Emily and pressed her hands against the girl’s nose and mouth, according to court records.

If this was witnessed why didn't anyone observing a naked and crazed looking person carrying a chain dog leash while suffocating a child intervene?

What a horrible way to go for this little princess. Looking into the eyes of her Momma, who's got her hands over her mouth and nose. :(

Ugh. I wish the concept of the afterlife didn't exist to give some crazy people the belief they are killing out of mercy.

I mean, I know it would probably just be something else, but what if it wasn't?

Lockett’s roommate told police he had gone out to buy marijuana early on the afternoon of April 10, a Sunday, according to court records. When he left, he said, Lockett was smoking marijuana in her bedroom.

But when he returned, he found Lockett on top of her daughter, he said.

He pulled Lockett off the child and called 911, he told investigators.

“Lockett was going crazy inside the residence and saying she was going to kill herself,” according to the court documents.

When authorities arrived, they found the lifeless 4-year-old and her hysterical mother — still naked and holding onto her roommate for comfort. Lockett’s 8-year-old son was standing in the bedroom doorway.

Police said the boy told them that his mother had killed his sister — and that she needed to go to jail, according to the documents.

A Dupo police officer grabbed Emily and carried her to the front yard, where he tried to perform CPR.

Lockett, the officer said, told him: “Jesus came along with the dark angels.”

Paramedics took Lockett to a hospital, where she was sedated.

And there's still more WTF with her mental state. Says she schizophrenic. Who knows? But if all she was high on is Marijuana, then I don't believe this is what caused her to suffocate her baby girl.

From @Victoria's link

And there's still more WTF with her mental state. Says she schizophrenic. Who knows? But if all she was high on is Marijuana, then I don't believe this is what caused her to suffocate her baby girl.

From @Victoria's link

Yeah... This wasn't pot's doing. But marijuana use can exacerbate an existing mental illness, like schizophrenia. Nudity, in my experience, practically guarantees legit mental illness being present.

Yet another death we can attribute to a lack of mental health resources. :(

I wonder how much older the brother is and did the "witnesses" try to stop the mom? I would have fucked her up.

ETA: I saw none of the previous responses before commenting. My bad.

Last edited:
Lockett’s 8-year-old son was standing in the bedroom doorway.
Police said the boy told them that his mother had killed his sister — and that she needed to go to jail, according to the documents.
That poor little boy. He's going to need some serious therapy.

Also, I smoke pot daily, have a diagnosed mental illness and have yet to strangle a kid to death. Maybe I'm using my pot wrong? :bear:

So sad . Like REALLY sad . I had a little think about what that little girls life was like for a moment and her poor Brother .. Then I had to not think for a while . What else can I say , it's just awful .

I just got the video to play. I can't believe she told the photographer he had no right to take her picture. Ya, he does, you stupid bitch. You had no right to kill a kid.

Its sad mom's roommate didn't get back from his weed run sooner...it would have saved her life. This mom...with her mental health history had no business being unsupervised with her children. This was a tragedy waiting to happen. RIP Emily Rose. You remind me so much of my daughter Denise when she was your age.

I really feel for Emily's big brother...who at 8 showed more sense than his mother. He will go through the rest of his life feeling as if he failed his sister by his fear of his mother and fear of intervening. I'm so glad he was able to clearly describe his sister's demise and his mothers actions. His testimony will also put his mother in prison for the remainder of her natural life as this is clearly first degree murder. That will also affect him psychologically in many ways. I hope he is adopted into a very loving and caring family and that he gets the counseling necessary to live a successful life.

Moments later, witnesses later told police, her mother — naked and possibly high — climbed on top of Emily and pressed her hands against the girl’s nose and mouth, according to court records.

If this was witnessed why didn't anyone observing a naked and crazed looking person carrying a chain dog leash while suffocating a child intervene?

Exactly...how do you just watch something like that and not try to intervene? Ivreally do hipe someone did try to stop her. My daughter is about to be 5 next week and tears are overtaking me looking at her and thinking about this beautiful little girl who was victimized by her own mother. Can you imagine how terrified she must have been to be attacked by the one person who should have been hugging and kissing her, but was instead strangling the life out of the child she brought into the world? Such a beautiful and angelic looking little girl. Also, my heart is also breaking for the brother. His comments about his sister are just breaking my heart. It's sad that he had to tell the police to take his mom to jail. I wonder if she has any previous incidents in her history that could have been red flags?

Last edited:
There was already CPS involvement...but no history of aggression CPS was aware of. I have to wonder what the allegations of abuse/neglect were. Possibly medical neglect?? I'm hoping more information comes out.

Just in case any of you people who are surprised that the witness didn't intervene and sympathetic to the poor 8-year-old brother didn't realise, the two are one and the same.

My brother is paranoid schizophrenic, and while he has never laid a hand on a child, pot, his drug of choice, DEFINITELY makes him so much worse... :(

Same here... I have a sibling with paranoid schizophrenia who smokes a lot of pot (I don't personally use it whatsoever) and it makes it much worse. Sending you an understanding hug. <3

Just in case any of you people who are surprised that the witness didn't intervene and sympathetic to the poor 8-year-old brother didn't realise, the two are one and the same.

What? From what I read, the 8 year old did witness the event, but the other witness was the woman's roommate who had just got home, walked in and saw what was happening. He did intervene by pulling her off of her daughter, but clearly it was too late by the time help arrived. Did I miss something? :shrug:

What? From what I read, the 8 year old did witness the event, but the other witness was the woman's roommate who had just got home, walked in and saw what was happening. He did intervene by pulling her off of her daughter, but clearly it was too late by the time help arrived. Did I miss something? :shrug:

It is entirely possible that I did. Apologies.

The comments earlier up the thread that wonder how the witness could not do something would still need the answer 1) The one who saw it all was only 8, and 2) The one who was able to do something did as soon as he got in.

I mean, I know it would probably just be something else, but what if it wasn't?
I promise its something else. Normal people who believe in an afterlife dont kill anyone, ever. Crazy people who happen to believe in an afterlife sometimes kill people, and crazy people who dont believe in an afterlife sometimes kill people....Normal people, just dont kill anyone, not even Catholics.

It is entirely possible that I did. Apologies.

The comments earlier up the thread that wonder how the witness could not do something would still need the answer 1) The one who saw it all was only 8, and 2) The one who was able to do something did as soon as he got in.

I hope I didn't come across as rude, didn't mean it that way at all, just thought I might have missed an update or something. :)

ETA: Goodness she was a precious little girl.

Last edited:
I hope I didn't come across as rude, didn't mean it that way at all, just thought I might have missed an update or something. :)

ETA: Goodness she was a precious little girl.

And I hope I didn't come across as offended. I was not. Just rather embarrassed that I hadn't noticed the second witness in the story told thus far. :)

She was indeed. And her poor brother will always wonder if he could have done something.

How come no one is talking more about this?!? I think this freaks me out more than the killing...the thought that her life very well may have been even more hellish than having an incurable disease and a crazy mother...

They found photographs of Lockett in sexual positions. Some of the photos include small children, court records say. The documents don’t say more about who was depicted in the photos.

Latest posts

Back