• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
Courtesy of @Buffettgirl

2rqbtwx.jpg

A newborn baby found alive in an Everett dumpster is stable and expected to survive, according to Providence Hospital officials.

A newborn baby found alive in an Everett dumpster is stable and expected to survive, according to Providence Hospital officials.

It's great news for the woman who saved the child's life Friday night.

“She climbed inside and just started throwing out bags and garbage and junk,” explained Jeff Meyers.

Last night, they heard a baby crying under bags of trash and a microwave in a trash compactor at the Mirabella Apartments.

“As she pulled the microwave off, that’s where the baby was, underneath the microwave. That’s when she screamed, “Oh my God, it’s a real baby,’”

A real baby – now with a real chance at life. The newborn is stable at Providence hospital.

“But we’re also concerned about the mom’s welfare, maybe she needs medical attention,” explained Assistant Fire Chief Rick Robinson.

Robinson believes fear often drives desperation, but in Washington, the Safe Haven law gives mothers another option.

Police are still searching for the mother, and are asking for the public's help locating her.
http://www.king5.com/mb/news/local/newborn-found-in-dumpster-will-survive/103858910

Yikes! This story says it was a trash compactor and she was about to hit the button when she heard the cries!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ds-newborn-baby-discarded-in-trash-compactor/

Last edited:
Oh thank God!! I'm so happy to read a story where the baby is now safe and ALIVE!!!! And I'm with Keepa, I hope she rots from the inside out!! Safe Haven laws people, damn do a little research!!

“But we’re also concerned about the mom’s welfare, maybe she needs medical attention,” explained Assistant Fire Chief Rick Robinson.

She was going to allow this baby to lie alone in this compactor until someone came along and crushed him. I'm having a hard time working up sympathy for her.

Although I guess this could be a case where someone stole a baby and then changed their mind. If we hear about a stolen baby, I'll eat my words.

Alive...yippee. I know those first responders are working with what they got but can somebody get this kid a real blanket...something really soft and fuzzy will work.

I can't imagine! I would like to think my maternal instinct would kick in and would dive into a trash compactor for a baby but you can't possibly know until it happens. Let's hope it never does!!!

This is near me! I will take the sweet baby!!! What the fuck is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!! I had to dispose of a half dead baby rat my cat brought me the other day and I swear I cried for a week. It's nauseating.

This is near me! I will take the sweet baby!!! What the fuck is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!! I had to dispose of a half dead baby rat my cat brought me the other day and I swear I cried for a week. It's nauseating.

I so feel you. I have held countless dying birds taking their last breaths due to my asshole cat. I just want them to feel love.

Oh happy day! :) I needed that after accidently finding myself in the crimes against animals section a moment ago... Stupid auto scroll switching links on me again. :shifty: Unfortunately my brain had already computed some of the titles before I could high tail it out of there. That's one part of the site I dare not venture into. I don't know why I can read about crimes against humans regularly (though not happily), but when it comes to animals I just can't take it. Of course crimes against children are even more heinous, but for some reason I can process it differently. Geez... What has this site done to me? :nailbiting:

Anyway... Thrilled this baby was saved in the nick of time!!!! I loved this part of the article:

When survival’s at stake, we just act,” Robinson said.

Just like Jeff’s girlfriend did, with a baby in a trash compactor minutes from death.

“We feel it’s a miracle. It happened on Good Friday," Meyers said. "I get emotional. I get emotional when I talk about it.”

Now, they’re hoping for an Easter reunion. The hospital says they’re not relatives.

But Jeff says his girlfriend is more than family.

“The lady that saved the baby’s life.”

I found it comforting and wonderful to think of how this baby went from being discarded like literal garbage to being discovered and treasured by a total stranger. Finally, someone who honored a child's priceless value when it mattered most! <3 I hope maybe she'll stay in the child's life a bit as they grow and check in on him/her from time-to-time (if the system or new parents let her). I think knowing someone cared like that would be a great psychological support for a child who eventually finds out they were discarded by those they should have been able to trust.

I definitely think this lady should get all her outstanding parking tickets expunged or a lifetime pass to the carpool lane or something. :happy:

Last edited:
avrmkx.jpg

No name. But she's an 18 year-old high school girl.

Earlier this week, police detectives received an anonymous tip “indicating that a local high-school girl was potentially the mother. The girl had been pregnant while attending school but dropped out for about a month. Upon returning, she was no longer pregnant and refused to talk with friends about what happened,” the Everett Police news release said.
http://q13fox.com/2016/04/28/police...ing-to-being-mom-of-newborn-left-in-dumpster/

EVERETT, Wash. — An Everett District Court judge on Friday released an 18-year-old high school girl accused of leaving her newborn baby in a dumpster on her own recognizance.
:eek:
WHAT? thats not right. Attempted murder and she gets out on her own recognizance like its nothing more than J walking.

Back