• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article74377677.html

Stabbed and bleeding, her life draining from her, Joenny Maribel Medina Feliz made it from her second-floor apartment into a hallway, down 15 steps and out a locked front gate.

Her attacker followed, at one point stabbing the woman’s 2-year-old daughter inside the apartment. Another daughter, 18, witnessed the horrific scene.

On the street, a veteran Miami cop on routine patrol spotted the woman. When he jumped out of his car to help, the man with the knife lunged at him, a source with knowledge of the incident said.

The officer shot the man dead.

Medina died later at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Her toddler is recovering there after surgery. The cop, though shaken, wasn’t hurt. His name was not immediately released. He’ll be on desk duty for the time being.

It originated inside a house and went into the street. There are five or seven witnesses who are related to one or the other of them,” the chief said.

Some of the witnesses went to the hospital to help the toddler recover.

The relationship between the man shot dead by the police officer and the woman and her two daughters remained unclear. Police had not released his name, saying they had not yet notified immediate family members.

“We don’t know if he’s their father,” Fallat said.

Also unclear was whether police recovered the weapon used to kill Medina and harm her young daughter. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement, like it does in all Miami police-involved shootings, has taken over the investigation.

How awful. Poor baby. No mother should have to die by the hands of a man while helplessly holding her child. She must have been so afraid. I am glad the baby is going to make it.

Good job for the cop....There was a woman in Toronto once who ran screaming from her house with a baby in her arms...her ex chasing her. She was naked. Neighbours tried to help but the guy levelled the gun on them...the naked woman passed the baby off to the them and they watched helplessly as he dragged the naked woman back in the house and shot her. it happened in less than two minutes...so from there I'm pretty glad this guy is dead, and I hope this cop gets back on active duty soon because he's a good one.

Back