• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Detailed descriptions of the girls at the link. This is looking like a runaway situation. They aren't sure yet if the girls had help.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2016/4/29/_4_girls_run_away_fr.html

A missing child alert has been issued for four girls - including three sisters - who left a private foster care facility in Brandon overnight.

The girls were discovered missing from A Kid's Place, located at 1715 Lithia Pinecrest Road, at 2 a.m. Friday.

• 4 girls last seen at 10 p.m. Thursday
  • Girls ran away from A Kid's Place on Lithia Pinecrest Road
  • Girls do not have medical issues or disabilities, but they are considered endangered
Deputies identified the girls as Ashlyn Smith, 13; Heavenlynn Gonzalez, 11; Anabella Gonzalez, 10; and Allison Nelson, 4. Heavenlynn, Anabella and Allison are all sisters. They are considered endangered.

The last time they were seen was at 10 p.m. Thursday.

Authorities say the girls stuffed pillows in their beds to make it look as though they were still sleeping. Staff members were conducting a head count around midnight when they realized the girls were missing from their beds.

Officials believe the girls climbed out of a window and either climbed a fence or were able to squeeze through an opening in the gate.

"Since we've been here last night, we've done neighborhood checks," Col. Donna Lusczynski said. "We've gone door to door for half a mile, conducted sexual offender and predator checks. We're in the process of contacting all the family members of these children."

3 of them are sisters. I bet this is some fucked up shit where they were taken from their mom or dad and they want to go back and the 4th girl went with them, hoping to get out of the shitty foster care they were in too.

So the sisters had 3 parents between them and not one of them was competent to care for the children?

I am guessing same mom, different dads. The competence of the parents is always the problem either BB, sometimes it's the case worker.

Great point. Kids often end up in foster care even if there's numerous good, loving relatives at the ready to take them in. If the parent for whatever reason isn't keen on the idea for example, perhaps has some ill feelings or personal animosity towards a certain relative, they will go to foster care until CPS sorts the shit out(aka tries to reunify with parent). Placement with family doesn't just automatically happen. Also, if relatives emerge later on after cps is already thickly involved and kids have been moved to state care, no move is going to occur without a home study. I've seen those take months for results to come back.

I'm sure in this case everyone involved is a piece of trash though and the kids have no one else though.

I wonder why they left. Did they feel they were being mistreated? Either way, it'd be kind of a meh, who gives a shit story if it weren't for the 4 year old. These girls are fucking idiots if there was no outright abuse occurring. Very very stupid move, placing 3 siblings together isn't hte easiest thing and certainly not a guarantee, and them being troubled flight risks makes me think the system will intentionally split them up to discourage such incidents in future placements. They may have just cost themselves a childhood together with this one.
[doublepost=1461985124,1461984713][/doublepost]
a private foster care facility

Hmmm. Didn't catch this on first read. Sounds like they may not have been with a foster family at all. There's not enough actual families for the amount of kids in the system, so these facilities, many amount to outright detention centers where kids are practically kept in confinement as if they'd committed a crime, are utilized until a better placement becomes available.

I can understand the desire to bust loose a lot more if this was such a place.

>They came back to the facility,
>trying to pretend they never left.

Ahh . . . Art Vandelay's girls, clearly.

Back