• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...it-to-catch-180-pound-carp.html?intcmp=hplnws
ChCwA6yU4AIY-P8.jpg

Two British fishermen honored their late friend by using his remains to reel in a 180-pound Siamese carp while on a trip to Thailand, The Telegraph reports.

Ron Hopper, 64, from the British city of Hull, died of cancer before he could go on the trip with friends Paul Fairbrass and Cliff Dale. Before Hopper’s death, he reportedly agreed to let his 65-year-old friends take the ashes to be used in a special bait mix.

Using the special “Purple Ronnie” bait, Fairbrass and Dale battled the massive carp for three hours before catching and releasing it.

"We were gutted that Ron couldn't come on the trip because he was really looking forward to it, but he was definitely with us when we caught that fish,” Fairbrass told The Telegraph. "It seemed like it was destiny we would use Ronnie to catch one of the biggest fish in the lake. It's what he would have wanted."

Hopper's wife, Judith, reportedly scattered half of his ashes on beaches across the Caribbean island of Grenada. His fishermen buddies took the other half.
[....]
record for Siamese carp is 134 pounds, but the International Game Fishing Association stopped keeping tabs on the fish years ago as they live in protected waters, The Telegraph reports.

"After we caught this fish I looked to the heavens and said 'thank you, Ron,’” Dale said.

I'll give it a try, as I have a smidgen of my friend and a couple of urns full of dead relatives lying around here someplace ;)

Sweet! This guy has some good friends...you know it too because the wife agreed to share.

***OMG...look at the size of that ugly ass fish...Fucking GROSS, they're touching it.

People also get ashes mixed with ink and tattooed on them.

These guys are lucky they didn't get slaughtered by the locals. Thailand is one of the most xenophobic, violent, scummy countries and cultures in the world. They despise western tourists and will prey on them at every available opportunity.

People also get ashes mixed with ink and tattooed on them.

These guys are lucky they didn't get slaughtered by the locals. Thailand is one of the most xenophobic, violent, scummy countries and cultures in the world. They despise western tourists and will prey on them at every available opportunity.
But their food is unparalleled and I understand the hookers are okay too, from what I've been told:whistle:
[doublepost=1461972959,1461972727][/doublepost]Oh, but I do have a great story of getting smashed over the head with a Maglite and getting stitched up by a nurse in a 1 room clinic at 3 AM!

Oh, the good times:D

But their food is unparalleled and I understand the hookers are okay too, from what I've been told:whistle:
[doublepost=1461972959,1461972727][/doublepost]Oh, but I do have a great story of getting smashed over the head with a Maglite and getting stitched up by a nurse in a 1 room clinic at 3 AM!

Oh, the good times:D

I giggle at "Bangkok".

Because I am twelve. Mentally.

My friend is talking about doing this, his partner passed away 2 weeks ago. Do you know of anyone who's had this done? I wasn't sure what the quality of the end result would be, or how difficult it would be to find an artist that's game.

Only saw it on a tv show. I'd imagine it all depends on the talent of the artist doing it.

I understand the hookers are okay too, from what I've been told

If you can find one that's not actually a dude, or a child, or is being forced into it.

Carp will eat anything! Great fish. I bought five large live carp at the Asian supermarket 30 years ago. Birthday present for my mother and her pond. Mother is dead, fish are still there. Every few years, we drain the pond and refill it from the creek. I never see little carp but there are a three big ones.

how difficult it would be to find an artist that's game.

All the tattoo artist I know are ARTISTS...and everyone knows Artists are bent, so this is me thinking that it wouldn't be to hard. Not saying getting ashes inked is bent just saying ...CooL!
[doublepost=1461988069,1461988001][/doublepost]
I giggle at "Bangkok".

Because I am twelve. Mentally.

Or you're Beavis and Butthead! <3

Back