• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Thanks so much @Keepalowprofile for the heads up on this one! :)

In what I really hope is not becoming a new trend, a young mother has once again been shot by her child while driving.

Patrice Price was driving southbound on Highway 175 in Milwaukee on Tuesday morning, when her two year old son found an unsecured handgun in the backseat of the vehicle. He fired a single shot into her back, which proved fatal.

The car crashed into a barrier, where it came to a rest. Ms. Price had no pulse when emergency services arrived, and resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.

So far this appears to be more tragic accident than gross negligence on the victim's part. The car she was driving was her boyfriend's. He works as a security guard, and the pistol that fired the fateful was his as well.

Patrice Price leaves behind three children.

http://m.wisn.com/news/medical-examiner-called-to-highway-incident/39221278

http://www.inquisitr.com/3036586/milwaukee-highway-woman-shot-dead-by-child/

God I feel so sad for the child. Too young right now to really process it, but what a horrible thing to have hanging over you through your life.

Stupid idiot boyfriend. And honestly, as much as I don't believe the victim has any due negligence in this tragedy - did she not see the gun? Was it hidden away in the back, or plonked on the backseat, ala that fucking enormous fuck knuckle, Jamie Gilt.

This poor family, I hope the kids are OK and have loving grandparents to take over.

Last edited:
when her two year old son found an unsecured handgun in the backseat of the vehicle. He fired a single shot into her back, which proved fatal.
Why wasn't the 2 year old in a car seat?

This is such a tragic event. She leaves 3 children behind.

Last edited:
I guess he wasn't rear facing. New studies actually point to keeping children rear facing until almost 4. My little one is still rear facing because she hasn't meet the weight or height maximum for her car seat.

Whew... That child is going to need a lot of therapy when he gets older.

I hope they just omit the shooting part of the story and say mommy died in a car accident.
[doublepost=1461766294,1461766191][/doublepost]
I guess he wasn't rear facing. New studies actually point to keeping children rear facing until almost 4. My little one is still rear facing because she hasn't meet the weight or height maximum for her car seat.

I've never actually witnessed one of those out in the wild.

MILWAUKEE, WI – The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office say a woman was killed while driving down Highway 175 after a child in the backseat got his hands on a gun and shot her in the back.

Police responded to the scene Tuesday morning and found 26-year-old Patrice Price with a single gunshot wound to her back.

Despite life-saving efforts by police and paramedics, the mother of three was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to her father, the car Price was driving belonged to her boyfriend who works as a security guard. He had left his gun inside the vehicle and Price’s 2-year-old son found it and shot his mother from the backseat.

Price’s death comes less than two months after we reported on a Florida mom who was driving when she was shot in the back by her kid.

In that case, 31-year-old Jamie Gilt was driving when her 4-year-old son found a loaded handgun and shot his mother from the backseat. Gilt, a vocal gun enthusiast, survived her injuries but may be facing a misdemeanor charge of allowing a child to access a firearm.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

RDV8ESEewVI

Continue reading...

I absolutely thought "Wouldn't have happened if he was rear facing."

My daughter rear faced until 4. My son will be the same.

As for this story, a sister of the mom is in a Facebook group I'm in. I'm seriously so bummed for this woman's family and that poor 2 year old. Not just for how horrifying this must have been in that moment, but for the guilt that poor child is going to feel when he eventually realizes how his mom died.
I hope the boyfriend is charged.

No man worth his salt doesn't keep track of weapons in or out of his vehicle nor does he ride around with them loose and without the safety on, especially if he lets others ride in it and/or drive it. That's just very sloppy and trashy (shout-out to Jack, ha ha) behavior. I'm sorry she put her trust in a person who didn't deserve it.

Baby wasn't in a car seat at all.

Damn people, car seats saves lives!

Officials said the woman, 26-year-old Patrice Price, stopped the vehicle on Wisconsin Highway 175 near West Vliet Street.

Officials believe the gun belonged to the victim's boyfriend, who works as a security guard. The child found the man's gun belt on the floor of the car, behind the driver's seat, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's deputies said Price's son wasn't in a car seat.

Price's mother told relatives she was in the front passenger seat when she heard a loud pop from the back seat. Patrice Price turned to her and said, "Momma, don't let me die."

Another relative told WISN 12 News that Price was aware the gun was in the car. Price's mother warned her daughter about the dangers of driving around with a gun in the car, but Patrice said not to worry because the safety was on, the relative said.

Andre Price said his daughter, Patrice Price, was a hard-working mother who had three children.

"This little girl right here meant everything in the world to me," Andre Price said. "And I lost the other half of my heart."

It was a freak accident, he said, and he's still grappling with the tragedy.

"Now I don't have her no more. My chest has been hurting," Andre Price said. "I have a knot in my chest. They won't even let me see my daughter. I wanted to hold my daughter for one last time."

Price did not have a license at the time of the shooting and was wanted on a Waukesha County warrant for driving without a license.

Her three children are staying with family.

It's not clear if Price's boyfriend could be charged. He has not been arrested.

[...]

The statute reads, "Whoever causes the death of another human being by the negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class G felony."

[...]

"That may be difficult to charge, quite difficult, and I think it would be a stretch to charge the firearm owner with risk, harm, or death to the child's mother," Mastantuono said.
http://www.wisn.com/news/medical-examiner-called-to-highway-incident/39221278

Last edited:
So grandma, mom and boyfriend all knew the kid had access to the gun and assumed the safety being on was like some childproof lock?

Idiots.
The only true victim in this scenario is the child.

Back