• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wtol.com/story/31800557/...uisville-myth?clienttype=generic&sf24966017=1
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - An Ohio woman walking on an old but still active railroad trestle in east Louisville was apparently investigating a local urban legend with her boyfriend when she was hit and killed by a train, a deputy coroner said Sunday.

Roquel Bain, 26, of Dayton, Ohio, died of multiple blunt force injuries suffered in the collision and subsequent fall from the trestle, Deputy Coroner Jack Arnold said. The collision, which occurred near the 3100 block of South Pope Lick Road, was first reported to police at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

Bain was pronounced dead at the scene. The coroner estimated that she fell between 80 and 100 feet. Her boyfriend survived with no injuries, police say.

Arnold said Bain and her boyfriend were visiting Louisville to take a "haunted" tour of the Waverly Hills Sanitorium. Before their tour started, they heard about the "Pope Lick Monster" myth. Curious, the two made their way up to the train tracks when the train surprised them, the man told the coroner. The man said that the two realized they couldn't make it to the end of the trestle so they decided to hang off the sides, but Bain couldn't move fast enough.
[....]
thrill-seekers mistakenly think the trestle is no longer in use, author and historian David Domine told WAVE 3 News for a story in 2014. They are drawn by stories of a creature - half-goat and half-man - that tricks people into climbing onto the trestle.

Many residents in the area say the myth has been taking the lives of many over the past couple of decades.

"It's been around for years, even my nieces and nephews used to go and come out here," Denise Harris said. "The Goatman, when they climb up on the trestles and they cross it--he's supposed to come out when they cross it."

Little do they know, going up onto the trestles in itself is a deadly choice.

"If they're halfway through [the tracks] and the train comes, you either have to jump, run or basically get it," Harris said. She also added many people think they can outrun the trains that come by.
[....]
A chained fence and warning signs are in place to keep people away from the area.

The LMPD Homicide Unit is handling the investigation. The train involved is a Norfolk Southern train.

I hate to say but this was a Darwin Award at it's finest, do people not understand what it means when they're told that this trestle is on an active train route?

I saw something like this on one of those creepy paranormal shows a while back. Idk if it was the same tracks or not but they were looking for the goatman. They had a woman whose child had died looking for him on those tracks and then years later another of her kids wanted to find out what it was all about and kind of retrace the last steps of the sibling that died and of course the second one died too. The tracks that they were at was really high kinda like a bridge but the story was the same as this one. Goatman lured them up and when they got there they were hit by a train. Idk about the goatman but looking at the tracks on tv, I'd say the more likely scenario would be that they either fell off the rickety ass thing on the way up or didn't exactly plan on wtf they were going to do when they got to the top and a fucking train came. I mean, this was on suspended railroad tracks...nobody would think that a fucking train would actually come!!! Dumbasses!

.. And now she'll get to be the next urban legend .. the ghost of the Pope Lick train trestle. A little ironic. but sad. that's a crappy way to go. Even if it was your own fault.

I've heard that if you run naked against the traffic on Lincoln Tunnel (NY) the devil himself appears, as a beautiful brazilian model in Dyer Avenue...

I've heard that if you run naked against the traffic on Lincoln Tunnel (NY) the devil himself appears, as a beautiful brazilian model in Dyer Avenue...
With my luck that Amazon Goddess will have a bigger dick than me. I'll just OD on Fuckitall and cheap vodka... At room temp to match my inferiority complex.

AqnH3y3.jpg

People often toss themselves off this one, not five minutes from here..
Trains stopped about 7 years ago on the island, after that young lady decided to lay down on the tracks while arguing with her BF. Nastiness.

Back