• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/21/authorities-2-year-old-dies-after-accidentally-left-in-car.html

Authorities in northern Virginia are investigating the death of a 2-year-old child they say was accidentally left in a car.

Fairfax County police said in statement that it happened Wednesday.

Police say a male acquaintance of the child's mother was supposed to drop three children off at two locations that morning.

Police say he dropped two older children off, but didn't realize the toddler was still in the car when he returned to a home in Fairfax County.

The man got back in the car sometime later to pick up the children's mother. When he arrived at her location in Arlington County, police say he saw the girl, who was unresponsive, in the back seat, and called 911.

No charges had been filed as of Wednesday. The investigation is ongoing.

Ummmm. What? How do you pull two other children out, get back in the car and already forget another is in the back seat? Does no one actually look at their car as they close the door?

I want to call foul play, but at the same time, why would he do so intentionally only to turn around and drive to pick up the mother? If it was an accident, I actually feel terrible for him despite my anger toward his stupidity. He'll likely never be able to forgive himself.

How is it possible to both forget that there is a child, especially a two-year old (who would most likely be forward facing in a car seat) in the car, and later return, drive and do not notice her until you arrive at your destination? That's not only tragic, but eerie.

:(:(

He was supposed to drop off the two older children first, then the toddler at a different location. I bet he got wrapped up in a phone call after the first stop and completely forgot about making the second stop. He's only a male acquaintance, not someone bonded with the children or used to a set carpool routine. The man is not going to be someone who leaves a shoe next to the car seat to make sure everyone is safely out of the vehicle. :(

I don't know about other people but I actually interacted wiht my kids while in the car, we talked and sang songs, and of course I had to constantly threaten Corey I was going to beat his ass if he got out of the car seat...AGAIN.

where do folks get these totally silent, quiet children who never make a noise, never require anything, doesn't pitch a big harry one because they have to just get in the seat to start with.

Corey came home from the hospital in his car seat, so he'd never had a chance to get used to riding without one, he simply was not a cooperative type child, still isn't but he's31, and his wife's problem, now.

I will never understand how this happens to regular folks who have no reason to hurt their kids, I'm resigned to the idea that in some cases it's an accident, but I still don't understand it.

I don't know about other people but I actually interacted wiht my kids while in the car, we talked and sang songs,

My kids used to love the radio when they were little...So many times I sat in the driveway waiting for that last song to be over because home but...hey I was listening to that. The little one singing his face off to No doubt or Avril L.

How is it possible to both forget that there is a child, especially a two-year old (who would most likely be forward facing in a car seat) in the car, and later return, drive and do not notice her until you arrive at your destination? That's not only tragic, but eerie.
My 2.5 year old is still rear facing. I have never forgotten her thought I have mirror to see her.

When my daughters were little I was always in such a rush in the mornings. They went different places and then I went to work. I would hear of these kinds of things happening and it scared the hell out of me. Every single morning when I pulled into my work parking lot I would look in the back seat and also think about the last second I had seen each of them. I knew they were not in the car or left at home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...af0bfa-0bdc-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

Fields has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and felony child neglect. A medical examiner could not determine whether the girl died in Fairfax or Arlington counties, so prosecutors in Arlington decided to take the case.
[doublepost=1462042578,1461777182][/doublepost]http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-child-died-in-hot-car-as-man-drank-beer-watched-tv/

Police say 32-year-old Daiquan Fields, who previously had his driving privileges revoked, faces felony child neglect and involuntary manslaughter charges. CBS affiliate WUSA reports that the child's mother is Fields' girlfriend.

Prosecutors say Fields is a six time felon with a long rap sheet, including drugs and grand larceny that landed him behind bars for four years, reports WUSA.

Fields was released from jail after a judge set bail at $50,000, the station reports. As a condition of release, he is ordered not to drive and submit to a drug test twice a week.

Asshole wasn't even supposed to be driving, he'd had his license revoked.

Am I the only one that is on high alert any time I have someone else's kids in my care? I mean, I was always careful with my own kids - but doubly so when I was responsible for someone else's kids! In my opinion he has no excuse for this little ones death.

Daiquan Fields, 32, pleaded guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter and felony child abuse and neglect in the death of the 2-year-old.

Under the terms of the plea agreement, all but six months of the five-year prison term was suspended.

Back