• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ScribbleMuse

Constant Lurker & Sporadic Mass Poster
I am very embarrassed to post a question that will sound so silly because I am a full on believer that there are stupid questions in certain scenarios, and this is certainly a very good example since I consider myself a full on veteran of this site regardless of my lowish post counts.

Anyhoo... Since the board changes (yeah, the ones a couple/few years ago :facepalm:), I've been uncertain how to send private messages. When I look at the inbox/conversation options, it always makes me afraid that whatever I want to send may be posting on the recipient's WALL. This has actually made me decide not to send a few messages that I would have really wanted to send in fear that it would be public when I'd prefer it be private. The only time I've sent messages is when it wouldn't matter if it posted publicly.

So now I'll come out as a moron and admit ignorance in an area that I should at least be able to figure out. I figure that even tho this is a definite stupid question when coming from ME, it would be a smart question as a newbie, so maybe a newbie out there can benefit from my shame... lol

I'd love any confirmation anyone can give, even if you want to deliver in full on smug. :D

PS: It's not that I want to start sending PMs that bash anyone or say terrible things about other posters--I'd always do that public enough to include my target! Instead, sometimes I'd like to reach out to people about subjects somewhat sensitive and private. ;) I'm too angelic to actually be mean. :kiss:

What does Pre Menstrual Syndrome have to do with this?

What? Private Messages?
Oh, never mind. Carry on.

They were private messages in a previous incarnation. Now they are conversations. The only ones privy to the content are the participants and the admins/moderators.

Profile posts are visible to anybody who has access to your profile.

Hope this helps.

--Al

There's no such thing as a stupid question. Conversations are the same as private messages. No one can see them accept those involved. :)

Thanks all! Glad to be confirmed.

And I apologize for the screwed up capped title. My computer is dying slowly, a key at a time. Right now my "R" key is intermittently refusing to work and then later working without touching the damned thing. So I'm consistently thinking about Misery's and Paul's torture being worsened without his "N" key, and so not paying much attention to the rest of my typo.

Back