• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Is it possible Peyton Manning used his fame to defame and haress is victim. Did Tennessee cover up for their star QB because of his family ties. You be the judge. All I am going to say at least Tom Brady only deflated his balls and never stuck them were they didn't belong.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...ssault-tennessee-case-documents-colts-broncos
Page 5: Years before the Manning incident, Dr. Naughright faced sexism in the University of Tennessee athletic department — sexism that included her being bestowed the nickname "c— bumper" by another trainer, alluding to perceived lesbianism among the school's female basketball players and women in the sports department. Naughright was the first female associate trainer in the school's history.

Page 10: Here's where Manning comes in and his history immediately becomes shrouded in mystery. The document's author writes, "In the fall of 1994, an incident occurred involving Peyton Manning which will not only explain the genesis for Peyton Manning's dislike for Dr. Naughright, but will be relevant to understanding the 1996 incident."

Unfortunately, that story from 1994 is filed under seal and redacted from the document per the request of Manning's counsel. We don't know what happened in '94. Only that what was to come in '96 was not an isolated incident. Only that Manning had reason for "animosity towards Dr. Naughright."

Pages 14/15: The document details the incident that occurred on Feb. 29, 1996. Dr. Naughright was evaluating Manning, then a sophomore coming off a Citrus Bowl victory against Ohio State. According to the document, Manning "intentionally and in order to disrespect Dr. Naughright, placed his 'naked butt and rectum' on her face."

Dr. Naughright said she pushed Manning away, only to be met by a look of "anger in his eyes." Manning, she said, smirked and laughed after she called him an ass.

— Page 15: The alleged cover-up begins. Mike Rollo — once the originator of the "c— bumper" nickname — helped Manning concoct an alternate story, according to the document. That story: That he had mooned fellow athlete Malcolm Saxon and Dr. Naughright was an accidental bystander. Manning would recount this version of events in his book and to investigators.

— Page 18: According to the document, Naughright reported the incident within hours. She was told not to call the police. When Naughright took a leave of absence after the incident, university officials asked her to pin the incident on another player — a player with less star power than Manning — according to Naughright.

— Page 19: Even worse? Dr. Naughright says Tennessee specifically asked her to pin the incident on a particular athlete — an African-American athlete.

Pages 19/20: Saxon, the key witness, refuted Manning's version of events in an affidavit. The document cites a letter written from Saxon to Manning depicting his version of events. Saxon writes that he lost his eligibility because of his truthfulness on the incident in question. He writes, in part:

"Peyton, you messed up. I still don't know why you dropped your drawers. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe not. But it was definitely inappropriate. Please take some personal responsibility...

"You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. It's going to help you out in the long run as well. Your celebrity doesn't mean that you can treat folks this way."

— Page 21: Manning doubled down on the incident, according to Naughright, by reenacting the incident in its aftermath. On two separate occasions, Nauright alleges that Manning pulled his pants down and sat on the face of fellow athletes — one of whom was a non-scholarship player doing sit-ups. Manning made eye contact with Nauright both times, she said.

— Page 35: The document claims that Manning, in an attempt to "discredit the victim," told his father that Dr. Naughright was "trashy," had a "vulgar mouth," was unattractive despite her "big breasts," and that "she had been out with a lot of black guys," — a seemingly irrelevant detail, but apparently meant as a negative. In Archie Manning's deposition, he said there was a perception among some that trainers "should not be going out with blacks if the trainer is white."

— Pages 37-43: The key testimony of Tennessee cheerleader and purported witness Eric Counts seemed to fall apart under scrutiny. Counts, who depicted Naughright much along the same lines as Manning did, had his presence in the training room called into question. When asked "And who told you that you might have been there?" Counts offered this seemingly damning response:

"I was told by counsel that I was named as one of the six people that were in the room at the time."

He would admit that his knowledge of the situation was minimal, despite being portrayed as a witness and his knowledge of Naughright's personal life, suspect. "All of my information that I can give you beyond reputation, which is neither here nor there, is rumor and speculation on my part, what I heard from other people," he said. "I have no personal knowledge of Dr. Naughright's sexual activities, no personal knowledge."

The character witness later admitted the two "had personal contact maybe twice in our lives."

— Page 43: Former UT student Antonio Brewer refuted that depiction of Dr. Naughright in an affidavit, saying she "does not have a vulgar mouth and was always very professional and proper." One of Manning's teammates, Rodney Riddick, echoed Brewer's sentiments in his witness testimony (p. 53).

— Pages 55/56: Naughright and Tennessee — after the tenuous situation never eased — reached a settlement agreement in 1997, agreeing that her final day at the university would be June 30, 1998.
[doublepost=1455480762,1455480102][/doublepost]This article was really good
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eaky-clean-image-built-lies-article-1.2530395
disclosed. Naughright settled her suit againt the University of Tennessee for a reported $300,000.

The book, which trashes the character of Dr. Jamie Naughright, continues to be sold to this very day, while Peyton Manning continues to benefit from his reputation not only as a superstar quarterback, but also an individual of high moral character. In fact, he has reaped tens of millions of dollars in endorsement deals based on a fraudulent mystique he's cultivated as a good guy, an upstanding citizen, the ideal professional athlete.

This document alone puts the lie to all this. He hasn't come close to apologizing for sexually assaulting Dr. Jamie Naughright. Quite the contrary, he besmirched her stellar reputation and character. The price he should have paid for what he did her — at very least — she has ended paying over and over again, both at the University of Tennessee and, later, at Southern Florida.

Last edited:
Being good at running, throwing a ball or catching one doesn't guarantee the person has morals and values.

Pro athletes are over paid.
At the end of the day the team is made up of a bunch of different people with one thing in common, a sport they happen to be good at.

Back