• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
police said.

State police said a manhole cover in the left lane of I-93 near the exit of the O'Neill Tunnel became dislodged and airborne, striking the woman's car.

The car continued on I-93 until it crashed into a wall near East Berkeley Street.

The victim was identified as Caitlin Clavette, of Arlington. It is believed she died instantly.

Clavette grew up in Winchester and was an Glover Elementary School art teacher in the Milton Public Schools, according to the district.

"Miss Clavette was very nice," said Anthony Dragone, her student. "When we did well, she would give us stickers. We were very close to her."

What caused the manhole to become dislodged is part of the ongoing investigation, state police said.
http://m.wcvb.com/news/woman-killed-by-airborne-manhole-on-i93-police-say/37961154
[doublepost=1455476932,1455474992][/doublepost]http://m.wcvb.com/news/suv-changed-...w-through-windshield-killing-teacher/37971240

"The big issue for everybody is our hearts and thoughts go out to a family that through an incredibly bizarre event lost someone today," Governor Charlie Baker said this afternoon.

The state took quick action, sending crews to inspect 500 manhole covers, grates and panels on highways in Boston and ensure all of the hardware was secure.

MassDOT reported Saturday inspections have concluded on roadways. Lanes and ramp areas of I-93 are now open.

So far, inspectors report no major issues.

The state said it checks manholes on highways every two years, and this manhole was last inspected in June of 2014. That Massachusetts inspection schedule is in line with a federal recommendation issued last year.

Sources say they've found no problems, like cracking or evidence of freezing, on the manhole and cover in the I-93 crash.

The only other identical incident they've uncovered was one in June 2014 in New York State.

A truck driver from Springfield, Mass was killed as he drove on the Cross Bronx Expressway.

A truck in front of him kicked up a manhole cover, sending it through his windshield.

Nothing Is random...she was a teacher, and teachers do bad things. God is mysterious, maybe she was on her way to her thirteen year old boyfriends house.

Unless you have evidence of wrong-doing or reason to believe that this particular victim of chance was a bad'un, I reckon you should keep that theory of karmic retribution to yourself. Her body is not cold yet and there will be people mourning her.

Oh fuck...don't waste your hope on me. Nope don't...I can think for myself...and I'll look for silver linings, possible ones anyway...wherever the fuck I want.

That is crazy shit.that seems pretty heavy to flip up in the air like that, am I hearing right it didnt come from an overpass it came from the road she was driving on, I watched the video twice.

Last edited:
They say, *only the good die young*
She died young there ya go.

But she really could have been on her way to her 13 year old boyfriends house and Karma just stepped in....at this point we don't know. If it was ever determined that, that in fact was where she driving too...we would all be damning her...come on tell the truth, yes we would.

*** Okay different scenario, same silver lining......Maybe she was a good person, maybe she just left an appointment where she was told she had an inoperable form of cancer...and Karma stepped in and said fuck it..this lady is too nice, this shit is going to be over NOW.

Sheesh... what is this, the Dreamin' Demon Choose Your Own Adventure forum now? It's not terrible enough anymore that someone died in a spectacularly unlikely way, which no doubt caused untold grief to their family, friends, and coworkers...

Nope, I know just the thing- let's make this tragedy a little more juicy and invent some purely speculative, completely fictitious back story so we can twist the victim into a villain, and cheer her death rather than mourn it. :rolleyes:

Maybe she was on her way to rob from the rich and give to the poor??? :rolleyes:

On that note, what an horrific way to go! Now I have to watch for flying manhole covers? :shifty:
Sucks, right? I think the energy required to get a manhole cover airborne makes it fly too fast to have time to react and get out of the way.

Last edited:
Sheesh... what is this, the Dreamin' Demon Choose Your Own Adventure forum now? It's not terrible enough anymore that someone died in a spectacularly unlikely way, which no doubt caused untold grief to their family, friends, and coworkers...

Nope, I know just the thing- let's make this tragedy a little more juicy and invent some purely speculative, completely fictitious back story so we can twist the victim into a villain, and cheer her death rather than mourn it. :rolleyes:

I agree with all of you...this would be a trippy and freaky way to die....I'm just looking for a the silver lining. Am I the only one here that pictured The Incredible Hulk, playing disc golf at the thought of a man hole cover flying through the air at all.

Maybe she was on her way to rob from the rich and give to the poor??? :rolleyes:

On that note, what an horrific way to go! Now I have to watch for flying manhole covers? :shifty:
I know, right.
As if meteors, sinkholes and random people with mechetes weren't enough, now we have to be on the look out for flying manhole covers.

Sucks, right? I think the energy required to get a manhole cover airborne makes it fly too fast to have time to react and get out of the way.

She probably didn't realize what happened to her, which could be seen as a good or bad thing.

How sad for this poor woman and her family.

Back