• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Hypothesis being the operative word.

Everyone's' got a theory....Cant tell me you've never heard that before. <3
[doublepost=1455326729,1455325987][/doublepost]
The only facts we have is that he died of hypothermia with no obvious signs of trauma. That doesn't tell us at all how or why he ended up wrapped in a blanket in the back of a van.

After a lot of thought...I just think that he couldn't find his mom and went outside to find her. I think he went to the house first, and that no one could hear his little knocks so he made some other arrangements for himself....In the van. Did the best he could.

I woke up once and couldn't find my mom in the house. and I was running pretty much blind until I found her in the back yard getting laundry off the line.

***some three year old's don't go anywhere with out their blanket. Its a source of comfort.
There were a few times when my kids hurt themselves...I would hold the blanket up so they could see it...instant tear stopper. I can see him taking that....blankets are like armour when you're three. <3<3<3

Wow. That town seriously reminds me of back home. Middle.of.fucking.nowhere. seriously. That's sad he had walked that far and nobody saw him.

Actually one of the most unpleasant ways i can think of to die.

I always thought our brains did an over ride...made you feel hot or warm at the end.

Canada...Some police officers were charged with manslaughter for their practice of driving drunk Native's (Indians) past the outskirts of town and dumping them out of their cruisers to walk it off. They started finding half naked men dead on the road back to town...dying of hypothermia...but ripping their clothes off because feeling hot. Anyway we have amazing brains.

Last edited:
I always thought our brains did an over ride...made you feel hot or warm at the end.

Hypothermia ultimately has some bizarre effects, however as you point out that's not till towards the end. You've already froze at that point. It's what comes before, that lengthy act of freezing itself, that is brutally painful.

And i've heard it can make people feel not just like they're a bit warm, but that they're burning up. It's not like hypothermia sets in and you find comfort in your fucked up state, it's uncomfortable no matter what.

Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley released the following statement concerning the autopsy of Titus Tackett and the ongoing investigation into his death:

"It is true the preliminary possible cause of death is hypothermia, but this is the part of the information we needed to determine where to start the main investigation to determine how and why.

"Misinformation coming out is that the family has been cleared and no charges will be filed. This is not true. We’ve only had our first sit down with all the agencies Thursday afternoon to decide how to proceed with the investigation."

http://dailyjournalonline.com/arcad...cle_e4474931-c0ba-59c6-9c7f-9eeff3d433d6.html

Hypothermia ultimately has some bizarre effects, however as you point out that's not till towards the end. You've already froze at that point. It's what comes before, that lengthy act of freezing itself, that is brutally painful.

And i've heard it can make people feel not just like they're a bit warm, but that they're burning up. It's not like hypothermia sets in and you find comfort in your fucked up state, it's uncomfortable no matter what.

Exactly. It's called a paradoxical effect. http://www.livescience.com/41730-hypothermia-terminal-burrowing-paradoxical-undressing.html

Well I'm not going to sit up in this thread and argue.
But I'm not changing my first thought.

After living in Minnesota for 10 years, I think its damn near impossible for him to walk a mile in subfreezing temps barefoot and diaper clad.

Sometimes it takes days, weeks or months before charges are filed.
I'm making special note of this boys name and watch for updates.

I'm basing my opinions off of her fb page, which is painful to sort through. That little boy looked dazed, sad & worn out to me. The mom seems ..eh, idk. The usual for DD: distracted, selfie obsessed...I could go on but why, really.

Posting pics of a particular dude, (I'm assuming this is Frankie? But "Colton" is Titus's bio dad? I could be wrong but I'm going by the comments in her fb). So this one is particularly unsettling yet she thinks it's "cute". Like...creepy, man. :spy: Btw, this particular DOM NEVER looks happy, naturally. In another pic, he's "holding?" Titus while laying down on the couch but he's looking at his phone. Another is the two of them together but it looks like the dude is playing a video game or watching tv while Titus is standing nearby. No interaction. She made a meme of it but it's just SAD. Pretty much sums up what it's like looking through these pictures.:freeze:

v33qq8.jpg

:bored: As mentioned before, the pics of Titus with Santa- he just rarely looks happy. Oh yeah & then there's those markings on his face. :banghead:

23mmq8n.jpg

sxnb01.jpg

Anyone with eyes can see how uncomfortable this little girl's body language is. Don't know who she is but that's Titus's mom on the left. Go figure.

m7x1l1.jpg

Last edited:
There's actually more of course. Little bruises with different shades & I'm sure the "Boys will be boys" was a tired phrase as well. I see some little tiny bruises here & there. Sure, kids fall but come on. He's dead now so even the tiniest bruise doesn't seem so small.

2qd8s9g.jpg

jpcsk3.jpg

This one is on her friend's fb...I can't tell if that's dirt, food or what but besides being another something on his face, his expressions are heartbreaking.

208ilcj.jpg

THIS DRESS: Need I say more?! That brown bow or whatever it's suppose to be makes me want to slap a kitten!?!

2ldf76u.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those marks on his face are worrying... but the coroner thinks he died of hypothermia and said there weren't any suspicious bruises.

Do you guys who suspect foul play think the coroner is wrong about the cause of death, or did the parents intentionally put the poor kid out in the cold until he died, and then put him in a random van?

Well that's what I mean about the small marks on his face. I might've not thought a thing about it but under the circumstances, every seemingly small thing needs to be scrutinized. To see a collection of photos where there's markings on his face is troublesome to say the least. Knowing this coroner didn't view her fb photos, he/she could've dismissed the bruises as coming with the territory of being a toddler.

To be neglectful, leaving things out where it's easy for a child to hurt themselves still falls under the category of abuse, IMO. While I'm thankful he didn't suffer from broken bones & what have you, to me everything about his demeanor in those pictures screams that SOMETHING was going on. He looks like a deer in headlights, poor thing.

I'm curious to know just who this guy was who was with her that night. If it was that Frankie character, in particular. I need to know what the grandparents story was, whether they actually saw him or if it was a case where they were already in bed & the mother told them he was sleeping..like she "put him in another room" or something. ? Most elders I know tend to hit the sack fairly early so... Idk. Also, was this a preplanned thing, the grandparents babysitting, or was it a last minute deal? Had they been hanging out at the grandparents house or was it a matter of having just dropped in around 11ish time frame before they left at midnight? I'd also love the mom to get tested for drugs. Surely, if I'm curious about these things, the police will be too?! I do think it's all fishy.

Edit: I'm thinking it was an accidental death. Say she & the guy wanted to smoke a joint or whatever but didn't want Titus in the car with them while they were doing that so.. most wee ones are asleep around that time- perhaps they thought putting him in the van would be a better idea? Time gets distorted when drugs are involved. They might've flipped out upon seeing he was dead- not realizing they'd left him there that long, needing to get away to come up with a plan, told the gparents Titus was sleeping, they'd be back in an hour. Something of that nature but again, those details would be crucial & I'd love to know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the FB photos @Seven ... These are disturbing even if there were no dead kid involved. I don't usually hit FB pages unless I'm looking for something in particular. Regardless of the truth behind his death, those pics do speak volumes about his life. Even without all the facial bruises and their interesting shapes. patterns and placement, "worn out" nails it for me, too (and the little girl looks thrilled she's having a smooch forced on her). He can't even seem to manage a smile in the requisite toddler-in-the-tub pic, but he's trying, probably from prompting. "Flat affect" can't even be argued with him either b/c he's far from expressionless. He looks so tired and shell shocked like a little old soul who doesn't even want to get up in the morning and face another day of whatever's got him so burnt out already, smh.

This is one I didn't comment on b/c of being torn, too. Toddlers do roam/escape, people keep different hours, grandparents fall asleep, parents (et al.) purposely and :accidentally" kill their kids and try to cover it up, the public/bystanders/crime voyeurs judge and formulate scenarios (incl. me), we get jaded sometimes from too much ugliness and inhumanity, other times we hit a bullseye when it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... At this point, there's only one thing I know for sure and that's that happy little children don't continually look like they're only living by default.

I'm basing my opinions off of her fb page,

v33qq8.jpg

You see that NIKE running shoe by his head? What the fuck...I don't know how people can exist in messy environments like that ...sleep with a dirty shoe any where near them...that's so fucked up.

Last edited:
Aah, this poor sad boy. In his picture with Santa, the bruise looks to be shaped like a bite mark. Speculation on my part but there is something very wrong going on in this family. I'm happy to hear that LE hasn't closed this case yet.

Latest posts

Back