• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://wnep.com/2016/02/12/woman-charged-with-death-of-14-month-old-granddaughter/

Police believe a woman in Schuylkill County who was supposed to be caring for her grandchildren was starving one and killed the other.

Mahanoy City police have been investigating this case for about a month. They arrested that grandmother and charged her with criminal homicide on Friday.

Pietrina Hoffman, 52, walked out of a district magistrate's office in Shenandoah in tears on Friday after being charged with killing her granddaughter, one-year-old Navaeh Doyle.

"I didn't do nothing. I don't know. I don't remember. Can we just go?" Hoffman said.

"You said the two year old stepped on her. Did that really happen?"

"I don't know!"

Doyle died in January while at Hoffman's home on West Centre Street in Mahanoy City.

Hoffman was taking care of the one year old and a two-year-old granddaughter.

"I've been with her since the day this happened. She honestly--I believe her. She doesn't remember. I don't know if she blacked out. I don't know," said Kathy Haage.

Haage is a family friend and came to Hoffman's arraignment in shock she was charged with criminal homicide.

"What does the family believe happened to this one-year-old baby?"

"We have been trying to figure that out for a month."

Police say Hoffman suffocated Naveah Doyle on January 10 and left the baby's body on the floor of her home in Mahanoy City for hours before calling 911.

Authorities found the two year old inside the home showing early signs of starvation.

Although Hoffman denies her involvement in the death of the one year old, she admitted in court documents to taking sleeping pills, "blacking out," and realizing the baby was dead early in the morning.

But before she called police, she says she sat down, had a cup of coffee, and phoned her husband.

Hoffman is now locked up in the Schuylkill County jail.

Because she faces a capital murder charge that comes with the possibility of the death penalty, the magistrate did not set bail.

Another baby named Navaeh. :(

Last edited:
Apparently, they now hold you accountable when you get wasted out of your mind, black out, and wake up to find the baby murdered on the living room floor. Who knew?

I like how she said. can we just go now.. That made me laugh because she's going to go to prison and she can't go anywhere else. stupid bitch

and I love how she was crying... That cracks me up. no sympathy from me whatsoever on that. keep crying.

So...where is their Mom anyway? Dead...In prison...getting high some place? I know no one wants to hear this...but this just might be the best thing that ever happened to these little girls. Like if you have to pick...living with this lady here or dead...I'm going with dead.

That's so weird, because even before I read this paragraph:
Although Hoffman denies her involvement in the death of the one year old, she admitted in court documents to taking sleeping pills, "blacking out," and realizing the baby was dead early in the morning.
I had a gut feeling this lady was probably on Ambien or something similar. Now, don't get me wrong, NOT an excuse. However, I can tell you from first hand experience that nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic sleeping medications like Ambien (generic Zolpidem) can make you do some WEIRD shit and be none the wiser the next day. Absolutely no memory. The bizaare behavior is also often completely out of character, dangerous, and/or truly makes no sense.

Granted, it doesn't make an otherwise normal person homicidal and it certainly doesn't make you starve your grandchild over time. Hell no, I'm in no way defending this bitch. I'm just saying that if she was on medication and if the sleeping pills happened to be this variety, her story of not remembering the murder may actually be legit.

I had a few embarrassing instances where my family told me I'd gotten up, roamed around the house, woken them up talking absolute nonsense, and other strange things. I stopped taking it pronto.

From the bits I do remember (for instance when it first kicks in) it feels like you slip into an alternate reality. It also kicks in FAST and if you aren't already in bed when you take it, it can cause you to actually stay awake in that altered state. You wind up in a strange sort of "auto pilot" haze.

Thankfully my experiences were very mild in comparison, but I've heard of people flipping out violently to where their family had to lock them in a room until they "came to," or people driving to the grocery store, stocking their whole fridge, and waking up the next morning with absolutely zero memory of it. I'm telling you... It's scary stuff!

Therefore if someone had some suppressed violent, angry, resentful, or psychology unstable tendencies, I can completely see where a medication like that could give them the temporary lack of control, ration, or even basic self preservation instinct to go over the edge and truly not remember a thing.

Also, someone needs to send a memo... Stop naming kids Nevaeh! They wind up in (their name spelled backwards) way too soon! :(

Last edited:
Police believe a woman in Schuylkill County who was supposed to be caring for her grandchildren was starving one and killed the other.

Mahanoy City police have been investigating this case for about a month. They arrested that grandmother and charged her with criminal homicide on Friday.

Pietrina Hoffman, 52, walked out of a district magistrate's office in Shenandoah in tears on Friday after being charged with killing her granddaughter, one-year-old Navaeh Doyle.

"I didn't do nothing. I don't know. I don't remember. Can we just go?" Hoffman said.

"You said the two year old stepped on her. Did that really happen?"

"I don't know!"

Doyle died in January while at Hoffman's home on West Centre Street in Mahanoy City.

Hoffman was taking care of the one year old and a two-year-old granddaughter.

"I've been with her since the day this happened. She honestly--I believe her. She doesn't remember. I don't know if she blacked out. I don't know," said Kathy Haage.

Haage is a family friend and came to Hoffman's arraignment in shock she was charged with criminal homicide.

"What does the family believe happened to this one-year-old baby?"

"We have been trying to figure that out for a month."

Police say Hoffman suffocated Naveah Doyle on January 10 and left the baby's body on the floor of her home in Mahanoy City for hours before calling 911.

Authorities found the two year old inside the home showing early signs of starvation.

But before she called police, she says she sat down, had a cup of coffee, and phoned her husband.

Hoffman is now locked up in the Schuylkill County jail.
http://wnep.com/2016/02/12/woman-charged-with-death-of-14-month-old-granddaughter/

Um, dupe? ;) Lol I'm confused... I just commented on this one a few lines down the list of articles.

That's so weird, because even before I read this paragraph:

I had a gut feeling this lady was probably on Ambien or something similar. Now, don't get me wrong, NOT an excuse. However, I can tell you from first hand experience that nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic sleeping medications like Ambien (generic Zolpidem) can make you do some WEIRD shit and be none the wiser the next day. Absolutely no memory. The bizaare behavior is also often completely out of character, dangerous, and/or truly makes no sense.

Granted, it doesn't make an otherwise normal person homicidal and it certainly doesn't make you starve your grandchild over time. Hell no, I'm in no way defending this bitch. I'm just saying that if she was on medication and if the sleeping pills happened to be this variety, her story of not remembering the murder may actually be legit.

I had a few embarrassing instances where my family told me I'd gotten up, roamed around the house, woken them up talking absolute nonsense, and other strange things. I stopped taking it pronto.

From the bits I do remember (for instance when it first kicks in) it feels like you slip into an alternate reality. It also kicks in FAST and if you aren't already in bed when you take it, it can cause you to actually stay awake in that altered state. You wind up in a strange sort of "auto pilot" haze.

Thankfully my experiences were very mild in comparison, but I've heard of people flipping out violently to where their family had to lock them in a room until they "came to," or people driving to the grocery store, stocking their whole fridge, and waking up the next morning with absolutely zero memory of it. I'm telling you... It's scary stuff!

Therefore if someone had some suppressed violent, angry, resentful, or psychology unstable tendencies, I can completely see where a medication like that could give them the temporary lack of control, ration, or even basic self preservation instinct to go over the edge and truly not remember a thing.

Also, someone needs to send a memo... Stop naming kids Nevaeh! They wind up in (their name spelled backwards) way too soon! :(
Ambien made me clean house all night long :bored: Not hurt myself or people Not starve myself or people- they said I just talked slower more meaningfully.

I took Ambien for a little while in the mid 90's, didn't make me do anything strange or evil, I would just fall asleep in mid word, just fall over. Another Doctor I had at the time didn't want me on it because of potential side effects, now I know what she was talking about, killing babies and starving toddlers. Glad my kids were teenagers at the time, big enough to fight me off and go get their own food out of the refrigerator.

I took ambian for 1 month.

I went into a trance and did everything as if I wasn't asleep. I didn't remember a thing. I also purchased a bunch of stuff from HSN. Rings, a copier, fax printer. Outside patio lights, pots and pans. Of course, I sent it all back.

I baked cakes, cookiers and full meals.

I had to quit taking it because it was costing me a fortune.

Isn't that a beautiful baby? I will never understand and I really hope she was just under the effects of her sleeping potion and not evil. Doesn't escuse her, but I don't want Grandma to be evil.

And I have a neck tattoo, I never knew they were such evil etchings, it is a red heart on the back of my neck under my hairline. It has my husband's initials in it. It's my secret. No one knows about it, well, except you guys, now.

Forgive my jibe about the neck tattoo. As someone with six tattoos herself, you'd think I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly. We see so many of the same trends among the offenders in these articles that it's easy to make check lists and assumptions, even on superficial things such as this.

@araisner, all forgiven, I know what you were getting at.

Even if you can blame the death of Navaeh's death on the sleeping pills, you can't blame the starvation of the big sister on that, starvation takes patience and planning and getting up every morning telling yourself that you're not feeding the kids today. That's not rage or snapping or spur of the moment or accident, that's planning to make a child suffer.

And I have a neck tattoo, I never knew they were such evil etchings, it is a red heart on the back of my neck under my hairline. It has my husband's initials in it. It's my secret. No one knows about it, well, except you guys, now.

Me too...a little red heart with an arrow...My husband had drawn it in a Valentines card a few years back, a friend of ours inked it on for me. Mine doesn't look like an evil etching either, its very well done and just looks cute. <3<3<3<3
[doublepost=1455547620,1455547471][/doublepost]
Forgive my jibe about the neck tattoo. As someone with six tattoos herself, you'd think I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

Actually you're justified...because her tattoo looks like garbage, Some people have really really bad neck tattoos...this lady here is one of them. Go ahead knock her...she deserves it, she is walking around with the ugly thing and she kills babies.

Another baby named Navaeh.

I've grown to hate that name.

I don't think Ambien can explain this situation away. I could imagine her taking her meds then trying to tend the baby and passing out and accidentally suffocating her. But how do you explain the starving sister? Ambien makes some people sleep eat, but I'm not buying that she ate all the food in the house and then blamed the kid and didn't feed her.

She probably fell asleep on top of her and then the baby got knocked out on the floor later. And yeah still doesn't explain the starvation of the other one. Starvation requires thought and effort.

OHHH! WOW,MY GRANDBABY IS,DEAD!! BUT HOLD ON LET ME GO TO STARBUCKZ,AN GET MY FIX...AN HOLD A CONVERSATION WIT MY BOY FRIEND. ..WAT THE FUKKZ WRONG WITH PEOPLE. ..FUKIN ASS BACKWARDS MOFOZ!! REST EASY LIL BABYGIRL...AN MAY THE MAN UP ABOVE WATCH OVER UR SIBLINGS.,SOO SAD..THOSE PEOPLE DIDNT APPRECIATE THE GIFT THEY HAD...NOW GODS GOT HIS ANGEL BACK

May 20, 2017

A Mahanoy City woman charged with causing the death of a 15-month-old girl she was babysitting last year was released on bail Friday.

Pietrina Cecilia Hoffman, who turns 54 later this month, appeared before Schuylkill County President Judge William E. Baldwin who granted her “nominal bail” under Rule 600.

Although Hoffman does not have to post substantial monetary bail, Baldwin ordered her to abide by several conditions including electronic home monitoring.

The woman also must not have any children under the age of 12 living in her 519 W. Centre St. home, not to have any children in her care while she is on bail, remove all weapons from the home and not to have any alcohol or illegal drugs.

After the bail conditions were set, Hoffman asked, “So I can go home?”

When told “yes” by the judge, Hoffman softly said, “Thank you.”

In Pennsylvania, a person accused of a crime has a speedy trial under the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Rule 600 essentially says an accused person can move to his or her criminal charges dismissed not brought to trial within a year for no fault of his own.

Another section of Rule 600, which Baldwin said applies in the Hoffman hearing Friday, states that an accused person is eligible for $1 “nominal bail” if he has not been brought to trial within six months of being charged.

Hoffman was charged on Feb. 12, 2016, with first-, second- and third-degree murder, voluntary homicide, involuntary homicide, aggravated assault, persons not to possess or use firearms and endangering the welfare of children along with misdemeanor offenses of prohibited offensive weapons, recklessly endangering another person and possession of drug paraphernalia.

In September, prosecutors withdrew the charge of first-degree murder, and since that time have withdrew the second-degree murder charge along with voluntary manslaughter and prohibited offensive weapons.

Hoffman is set to stand trial in the upcoming criminal court term that begins with jury selection on May 31. Her trial date is set for June 27.

http://standardspeaker.com/news/woman-charged-in-child-s-death-gets-bail-1.2195349

I took ambian for 1 month.

I went into a trance and did everything as if I wasn't asleep. I didn't remember a thing. I also purchased a bunch of stuff from HSN. Rings, a copier, fax printer. Outside patio lights, pots and pans. Of course, I sent it all back.

I baked cakes, cookiers and full meals.

I had to quit taking it because it was costing me a fortune.
I relapsed when i was in the hospital last week.
While i was on heavy meds i went on ebay and bought the ugliest fucking purse. $29.00 and $8.00 shipping. Seller has no return policy so im stuck with the dirty piece of crap.
:fish: no narcotics for me.
I didnt even know i bought it until it came in the mail.

I would post a pic but im too ashamed.
Heres a hint tho... its hand made from the shafts of a pair of cowboy boots.

Sounds cool... its not.

Last edited:
Back