• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
Seems the world is imploding
Any opinions on the economy ?
Anyone care?

Gold surges to one-year high on fears of financial uncertainty
"We have a good explanation for gold's rally; it is to do with worries about the U.S. economy and the rest of the world," Macquarie analyst Matthew Turner said.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-jumps-eight-half-month-011708953.html

Yellen on negative rates: 'We wouldn't take those off the table'
As recession fears mount in the U.S., Fed Chair Janet Yellen conceded there's a "chance" of a downturn ahead.

She also said the central bank is studying whether negative interest rates would help should conditions worsen.

"There is always some chance of recession in any year," she said. "But the evidence suggests that expansions don't die of old age."
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/11/fed-chair-yellen-theres-always-some-chance-of-recession.html

Our economy is orchestrated by the same assholes who have fucked up our politics and lives for the sole purpose of making themselves richer at the expense of the 99%.

That's just the short version, my in-depth analysis would have been lengthy.

Here is my take on it. I will be 50 years old this year, and ideally I would like to retire at age 62, but with three very young children, age 67 looks more likely for me.

I will be glad if the stock market tanks much like it did in 2008, as I am aggressively contributing towards my retirement and I welcome any opportunity to buy stock at a discount, and maximizing my returns when the market recovers, as it always does.

Of course the economy will always fluctuate, but US will continue to have the strongest economy in the world provided that the middle class still exists and has income to spend; in periods of recession that will be diminished, but the overall fundamentals of our economy remain strong and corporations have realized record profits over the past several years, but it hasn't been "trickling down" to translate into more disposable income for the average worker.

I'm fortunate to be able to be more cavalier about the inevitable downturns in the economy because I happen to have a job that is minimally impacted. The important thing for anyone to remember about these doomsday predictions is that the reality is never nearly as bad as the media likes to report.

Our economy is orchestrated by the same assholes who have fucked up our politics and lives for the sole purpose of making themselves richer at the expense of the 99%.

That's just the short version, my in-depth analysis would have been lengthy.
it's a worldwide issue not just us, politicians worldwide only lookout for themselves and look to enrich themselves and nothing else
Their multiple pensions are a huge drag on the economy not to mention the overall corruption, nepotism, bribes and kickbacks from favored groups

Seeeeeee if the feds picked up on the marijuana industry, the 996 MILLION taxable dollars Colorado alone brought in 2015 , would provide great relief to this problem...

Just sayin

Seeeeeee if the feds picked up on the marijuana industry, the 996 MILLION taxable dollars Colorado alone brought in 2015 , would provide great relief to this problem...

Just sayin
I don't think so. they'd only misuse it, like everything else, and still keep coming back to the middle class for more..

I don't think so. they'd only misuse it, like everything else, and still keep coming back to the middle class for more..
And judging from the article I cited above regarding Colorado, I can only extrapolate that would bring more homeless "migrants " into our country, and who knows what that would cost us.:shifty:

Before you go sucking proverbial dick of your state legislators, how much drain on Colorado's economy do you think this will bring?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/legal-marijuana-drawing-homeless-to-colorado/

Ok.. I have followed the pot industry pros and cons, since Amendment 64 was first introduced. Yes. There are pros and cons. I will be the first person to admit that.

The housing market here has become the biggest issue thus far. When 10,000 people A MONTH are moving to the Denver metro to take advantage of it, it is bound to create issues.

Traffic has increased enough, to make me throw my coffee out the window at someone on my way to work- on more than one occasion...

The housing market being the most affected. However, it is not just the pot seekers moving here that this affects. It affects everyone in the market to buy a home, as the property prices soar. The rental market is a whole different issue in itself. Rent increased 16% in a 2 month time frame.

This leaves people who have called Colorado home forever, struggling to find affordable housing. I am in NO WAY saying it isn't a problem here..
Colorado was 1st in the nation to legalize recreational marijuana. Obviously problems will arise. Its an entirely new industry. With extremely regulated processes. There will always be kinks to work out in anything thats never been done before.

Take the banks for example- the dispensaries are all run without having relationships with banks. ALL CASH. There is a lot of issues there as well. Because banks are federal institutions, and federally insured, with marijuana illegal on a federal level, banks CANT work with the industry.

Obviously the demand for marijuana is there. It is an extremely hot market. Shit, once again I say 10,000 people a month move to the metro area for it.

What I am saying is this- if marijuana was to become legal on a federal level- in EVERY, or most states, a lot of these problems could be avoided. All the while, bringing tax revenue to each state and the federal government. It would open a whole new employment market as well.

Ironically enough, I just finished watching a documentary last night-called High Profits (Netflix) Season 1, there's 8 episodes. That's a good one to watch. About the profits, and the zoning, and the effects of the marijuana industry in Breckenridge.

I am all for legal recreational marijuana, there IS a science behind it. I find the whole process not only intriguing, but beneficial- to so many people. This industry is only just beginning, and its a whole new world.

I think its stupid as fuck for our country to be in such an enormous financial deficit when this could be part of a solution. I'm not saying its a quick fix. But it sure as hell could be a start.

Sometimes I listen to you all and think, I wish I lived in a communist country, the people there are just nicer somehow.

While I sit here smoking a legal joint on my front porch, I'm pondering this one a bit...

From above link
In Colorado, some out-of-town homeless are seeking jobs in the marijuana industry.

"There's an enormous migration, even a homeless movement, so to speak," David Spencer, a homeless man from Tennessee, told CBS Denver. "I figured this would be a good place to start over."

But the homeless learn only after arriving that they lack the two-year residency requirement needed to work in a dispensary. Others have felony records that make them ineligible, Van Sickle said.

What kind of dumb fucktard, moves across the country to get in on the legal weed, WITHOUT first looking into the laws, regulations set by the MED (marijuana enforcement division) or zoning requirements, not to mention the housing and employment market??

Maybe with all the free weed, health care and food stamps, they will be less rapey.
WAIT, WHAT?!? Where's the free weed? I'm doing this ALL wrong..

Back