• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I don't think there is any thing dumber than letting Fox News dictate to you what to think and feel but alas that's where we are. :kiss:
I get my news from a variety of sources including foreign one's I like to know how the world reacts to events, not just TMZ and MSNBC as you do

being a dying breed of crotchety old farts that love nothing more than hating minorities and progressives

Who is hating minorities? That's why you're so dumb. You and your idiot party. Standing up for police officers is not HATING minorities. Not by a fucking long shot. Again, every differing opinion must be motivated by hate lmao. I RESPECT and ADMIRE the job police officers do.

Respect and Admiration combinded with my disdain for CRIMINALS(NOT MINORITIES) is what motivates my opinion.

How pathetic that our opinion is dismissed as hateful. I don't see anyone dismissing your opinion as being that of a n***er lover" which would be the exact same rationale you use. I just think you're wrong.

I love people criticizing the job police officers do from the comfort of behind their computer. Gutless people that would NEVER do the job they do yet want to chip in with their negative commentary.

Again, please nobody take my opinion as being Anti-African-American as usual. Why can't my opinion be pro-law enforcement? It's disgraceful the mindset your party has instilled in people. Disgraceful.

you find this OK

Fake Blood and War Chants: Milo Yiannopoulos Event at Rutgers Disrupted by Feminists, Black Lives Matter Activists

It must be nice for people who have nothing better to do with their time that to sit around and be outraged. There are so many things one can do; like - play Candy Crush, nap, annoy people in endless comment sections, watch grass grow, you know, whatev.

:wait:

but not this

Anti-Beyonce Protest Planned for Next Week

What does that make you?

My point was simply that I don't consider the Panthers any different than any of our other domestic terrorists. Each person/group feels they're right about something and with some, they have taken some sort of action to do for their own, so to speak, but taking your anger and prejudices out by electing oneself/one's group judge, jury and executioner isn't revolutionary thinking, it's just murder.

Is it that simple, though? Where is the line between murder and self defense on such a large scale? Were the men who killed British soldiers as our own Revolutionary War ramped up patriots, or merely murderers?

The Black Panthers absolutely deserve to be distinguished from a Timothy McVeigh or Tsarnaev brothers, in my opinion. For those who aren't aware (which is probably not you, Gatekeeper ;))...

In the 86 years leading up to the last recorded KKK lynching in 1981, 3,446 black mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children had been lynched. Countless more were gang raped, tortured, castrated, and churches were routinely firebombed.

For the most part, prosecution never was sought against their murderers. Sometimes, law enforcement was complicit in the terror. In fact, nearly a third of total lynchings (well over 4,000) were white people whose only crime was helping blacks. When you CANNOT gain justice by any other means, at what point is picking up arms justifiable?

After emancipation, whites in this country declared a particularly unchivalrous war against free negros... and the development of an organization like the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense was inevitable.

When the Black Panthers assembled, one of their goals was to help arm black people. And, the darndest thing happened. Aside from that last lynching in 1981, the lynchings had dried up!

It was May 2, 1967, when 30 young Black Panters, men and women armed with guns, marched up the steps of California's capitol building. Bobby Seale began to read a prepared statement.

The American people in general, and the black people in particular, must take careful note of the racist California legislature aimed at keeping the black people disarmed and powerless. Black people have begged, prayed, petitioned, demonstrated, and everything else, to get the racist power structure of America to right the wrongs which have historically been perpetrated against the black people. The time has come for black people to arm themselves against this terror before it is too late.

On that day, The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense not only drew national attention to the awful position blacks were in, but they also sparked the modern gun-rights movement, something they are widely credited for.

They were perhaps the most revolutionary moment in the last century. If white society had done more sooner, the loss of life wouldn't have been necessary.

Lol. You're an idiot. I was comparing the Black Panthers to KKK was what I was doing. I was pointing out the fact that they have most likely been responsible for more death than the KKK has in the last 50 years. I stand by that sentiment.

But you wonder why you've lost friends on Facebook for being racist. My dear, such defiantly willful ignorance is easily confused with subtle hatred and a superiority complex.

12742000_10205616983480178_1130787554289897768_n_zpscdlkmptn.jpg

Is it that simple, though? Where is the line between murder and self defense on such a large scale? Were the men who killed British soldiers as our own Revolutionary War ramped up patriots, or merely murderers?

The Black Panthers absolutely deserve to be distinguished from a Timothy McVeigh or Tsarnaev brothers, in my opinion. For those who aren't aware (which is probably not you, Gatekeeper ;))...

In the 86 years leading up to the last recorded KKK lynching in 1981, 3,446 black mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children had been lynched. Countless more were gang raped, tortured, castrated, and churches were routinely firebombed.

For the most part, prosecution never was sought against their murderers. Sometimes, law enforcement was complicit in the terror. In fact, nearly a third of total lynchings (well over 4,000) were white people whose only crime was helping blacks. When you CANNOT gain justice by any other means, at what point is picking up arms justifiable?

After emancipation, whites in this country declared a particularly unchivalrous war against free negros... and the development of an organization like the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense was inevitable.

When the Black Panthers assembled, one of their goals was to help arm black people. And, the darndest thing happened. Aside from that last lynching in 1981, the lynchings had dried up!

It was May 2, 1967, when 30 young Black Panters, men and women armed with guns, marched up the steps of California's capitol building. Bobby Seale began to read a prepared statement.

On that day, The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense not only drew national attention to the awful position blacks were in, but they also sparked the modern gun-rights movement, something they are widely credited for.

They were perhaps the most revolutionary moment in the last century. If white society had done more sooner, the loss of life wouldn't have been necessary.

Brilliant! You took the time to explain and define what I gave up on (not b/c of giantblue's comment, it's legit and fair) and edited back out b/c it ended up reading like a novella, lol. I'm brevity challenged when I'm passionate about something. My emphasis was on "revolutionary thinking" (in the literal) as opposed to "murder." The Panthers is a fave topic on several forums I've frequented over the years, so I end up word-walling pretty quickly w/o trying.

I do believe they were domestic terrorists, but I've also said before there's a big difference between who does what and why, and blanket statements don't wash with me. Unfortunately, when I bring up the original Panthers in predominately caucasian forums (not talking about here), I end up just dropping the subject when my points are overlooked in favor of uninformed crab asses who won't read books, online links, or do their own objective research/homework on them before calling me a "white guilt sympathizer," just to hear themselves holler 'Murica! Fuck Yeah! LOL. :rolleyes:

I interjected the comment about the breakfast program b/c I didn't want this to turn into a Panther bashing thread. I'm also pro *good* cop. I absolutely believe their response was a sign of the times in essence saying, "If they ("The Man", the predominantly white, patriarchal gov/LE machine in power) aren't going to protect us, we have to protect ourselves," and "if they don't care about us and the futures of our children, we have to start caring about ourselves." I mean seriously, how many times does the senseless murder/lynching of an American black man, woman or child have to not only be ignored, but in some states by some groups, encouraged ffs before people start to feel completely alone, unwanted and unsafe? And everytime a black Civil Rights leader tries to stand up and say something to help people "get it", they effing get murdered to shut them up. Over words b/c words equate to ideas and gods/goddesses/evolution forbid we should allow people to start questioning US (pun intended).

Both my original response and my ETA you quoted was an attempt at concision and as you can see, it's such a challenge for me, I just gave up before I even got out of the chute, smhl.

Last edited:
I do believe they were domestic terrorists, but I've also said before there's a big difference between who does what and why, and blanket statements don't wash with me. Unfortunately, when I bring up the original Panthers in predominately caucasian forums (not talking about here), I end up just dropping the subject when my points are overlooked in favor of uninformed crab asses who won't read books, online links, or do their own objective research/homework on them before calling me a "white guilt sympathizer," just to hear themselves holler 'Murica! Fuck Yeah! LOL. :rolleyes:

Thaaaaaaat makes more sense. :)

And, yes, by the definition of domestic terrorism, they certainly qualify.

So, I'm curious, are we just whitewashing (for lack of a better word!) the crimes they did commit, including ambush and murder, because it was the only way to "free" themselves? Are we justifying murder, but only when it's committed by folks that find themselves downtrodden or disadvantaged? I'm not looking to get into a race discussion. I'm only speaking about justifying horrific and brutal crimes.

I bet you've thanked a solider for "defending our freedom" by murdering Arabs. I know I have.

We, humans, are nothing but bad monkeys, and damn near all of us justify terrible violence if we feel the target and circumstances justify. I can't remember the last time I stumbled across a legitimate pacifist.

I do believe they were domestic terrorists,..[snip]...Why would I ask anyone to thank domestic terrorists for anything?...[snip]...Each person/group feels they're right about something and with some, they have taken some sort of action to do for their own, so to speak, but taking your anger and prejudices out by electing oneself/one's group judge, jury and executioner isn't revolutionary thinking, it's just murder...

IMPO, based on my previous comments and my last post, I'm not, and I'm personally not reading it that way, but I'm only one voice, one vote and speak only for myself. We're all responsible for our actions under the law. :)

Oops, @Buffettgirl

Last edited:
@Jake88 commented:
I RESPECT and ADMIRE the job police officers do.

I do, too. That's one of the big things that attracted me to my ex/my son's father and I waited 15 yrs. to find a good guy to have that kid with. :)

My previous comment:
I'm also pro *good* cop.
But I vehemently despise the ones who bloody, besmirch and tarnish the badge.

Really? The ONLY comparison I made is that they were both hateful organizations responsible for causing death and that the Black Panthers were active more recently than the KKK(FACTS). You think I believe that the black panthers were worse than the KKK? LOL. The KKK disgusts me more than any organization there ever was my dear. BUT GO AHEAD JUMP TO YOUR IDIOT CONCLUSIONS. You're a dumb white women in Seattle that knows nothing about black people.

Lol I know your type. 8 dollar Starbucks douchebag latte with a shot of pretentiousness in hand, hair fully done, make up all done, yuppie look on your face singing along with your crappy music on the way to work. Don't tell me you know about black people lmao. They don't trust white people enough for you to have ANY IDEA what you are talking about.

It makes me laugh, you yourself would openly admit that they don't yet fully trust white people(with reason you would also say) YET you believe every study and all the shit you read lmao. HELLO! YOU'RE WHITE! Maybe you shouldn't trust the input you receive from them.

I don't wonder why I've lost friends on facebook lol. You think I care? I learned a lot that day. I never used that reference as a complaint. It was evidence of the retarded world we live in overwhelmed with people that hold your retarded views.

You are, by far, the most pretentious person on this site. Now, go google "pretentious", because I'm quite certain you don't know what it actually means based on your usage.

When did I suggest you hate the Panthers more than the KKK? It doesn't matter to me or anyone which you hate more. You're making an ignorant comparison. So ignorant and so played, black people who don't even know you are dismantling your argument for the masses because it's being made by a thousand other basic ass white people. :hilarious:

And the KKK are active to this day. You know. FACTS.

I'm no longer acknowledging them, I'm closing my mind to them. That is the exactly the point I have been trying to make.

Such a drama queen. Buh-bye, now...

Yes, yes I have. I thank all soldiers, all campaigns, every chance I get because they possess a strength that I just don't have. I can't fight for my country so I am damn grateful for those that can and do. Again, though, it's about point of view. I don't consider it "murdering Arabs". To me, it's more like, "That ginormous group over there wants me dead for no reason other than I'm not Muslim? Hmmm, OK. Go ahead, protect me from that shit and I'll sit over here grateful as fuck that you are there subjecting yourself to hideous atrocities to keep the country you love safe. I tend to not see all military action as murder/aggression. I see it as defending a country and her citizens.

And that was my point by using the term "murder". It's all a matter of perspective. The reason we commit violence will resonate with some, and horrify others.

The Arab view of American military efforts in that region are quite the opposite of yours. They don't see the defense of American people happening (Al Qaeda wasn't even in Iraq). They see a war over resources. We were killing people over there long before 9/11, installing pro-US governments to assist with our "interests" in the region.

Black people were being preyed upon. They weren't just being failed by police, they were being terrorized by police. For the most part, their response was targeted appropriately. Yes, a few crimes fell outside the scope. But that's no reason to discredit the entire organization any more than we would discredit our military because, every now and then, a soldier strays and offs an entire village.

And that was my point by using the term "murder". It's all a matter of perspective. The reason we commit violence will resonate with some, and horrify others.

The Arab view of American military efforts in that region are quite the opposite of yours. They don't see the defense of American people happening (Al Qaeda wasn't even in Iraq). They see a war over resources. We were killing people over there long before 9/11, installing pro-US governments to assist with our "interests" in the region.

Black people were being preyed upon. They weren't just being failed by police, they were being terrorized by police. For the most part, their response was targeted appropriately. Yes, a few crimes fell outside the scope. But that's no reason to discredit the entire organization any more than we would discredit our military because, every now and then, a soldier strays and offs an entire village.
You didn't seriously just make that comparison did you? Seriously you regard the actions of the Black Panthers equal to solders defending our country, tell me I misunderstood your post

You are, by far, the most pretentious person on this site. Now, go google "pretentious", because I'm quite certain you don't know what it actually means based on your usage.

Last time I will quote you just because you're using your superiority on me right now like I don't know the word I used.

Really?

Lol @ Athena, you aren't pretentious?

"Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority."

Kind of like how your studies make you feel on the topic of discussion? Kind of like how my personal experience makes me feel on the topic of discussion?

No I think we are both pretentious. Lol that's the difference between you and I. I have self awareness that you severely lack! Not to mention humility! I'm also only pretentious to the people that annoy the shit out of me. Your personality is pretentious. Your initial comments are always pretentious. Anyone that doesn't think you're pretentious doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Also, how I used it? I used it as a shot of espresso or something lmao! No, I definitely didn't use it in the right context. Thanks though.

You didn't seriously just make that comparison did you? Seriously you regard the actions of the Black Panthers equal to solders defending our country, tell me I misunderstood your post

Equal to? No. But I am using them as an example of offense-as-defense, to illustrate how it is perfectly acceptable depending on what team you're rooting for.

We haven't fought a defensive war, though, since Pearl Harbor. So, WWII vets are the last bunch that have defended our country.

The police union voted to boycott her planned show at Marlins Stadium as a result of Beyoncé's halftime performance at the Super Bowl on Feb. 7.

"I salute NYPD Officer Richard Rainey, who succumbed to his injuries on February 16 [1981] from being shot by two Black Panthers, who he had pulled over in a traffic stop," Miami FOP President Javier Ortiz said, per Miami's ABC 10. "I also salute the dozens of law enforcement officers that have been assassinated by members of the Black Panthers."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/miami-police-union-to-boycott-beyoncé-concert/ar-BBpG3rJ?ocid=spartanntp

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/miami-police-union-to-boycott-beyoncé-concert/ar-BBpG3rJ?ocid=spartanntp

It's crazy to me that probably half the people so riled up about Beyonce and her performance haven't even heard the song or watched the video. But I'll just sit over here and sip my tea while y'all get all up in your feelings over something that is not even for you.
This gave me life and then some this weekend.

It's crazy to me that probably half the people so riled up about Beyonce and her performance haven't even heard the song or watched the video. But I'll just sit over here and sip my tea while y'all get all up in your feelings over something that is not even for you.
This gave me life and then some this weekend.

Really you feel no one watched the Superbowl? Saw her disgusting halftime performance? Fuck the video,millions saw the half time show and found it disgusting
Although I'm sure a a million or so found it awesome
[doublepost=1455867118,1455866251][/doublepost]
The hits keep coming for Beyoncé, whose new music video and Super Bowl halftime-show performance continue to attract the ire of law enforcement officers and officials who say she dialed up the hate and put police in danger.

In particular, they say, her Super Bowl show — watched by nearly 120 million Americans— carried a dangerous anti-police message.

A number of police officers and officials and their supporters took to social media the night of the Super Bowl to voice their displeasure with Beyoncé — emotions channeled by public officials and police groups in the days since.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tes-super-bowl-show-after-shooting-near-home/

Back