• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2u5cbv7.jpg

2aeyxzq.jpg

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — A mother from Lakewood is outraged after she said school administrators are doing little to help her daughter stay safe from a boy who has sexually harassed and assaulted her.

The mother and daughter, whose names are not being disclosed because of privacy concerns, belong to the Bear Creek High School community. According to the daughter, the harassment started a year ago at Carmody Middle School.

“Last year I was in a classroom,” the daughter said. “And [the boy] tried putting his hand down my shirt. I told him ‘no.'"

Eventually, school officials witnessed the boy touching the girl, according to the mother.

“The vice principal witnessed the same student trying to grab my daughter’s behind,” she said.

Jefferson County Public Schools said the boy was reported to police after the incident. The girl said she tried to put it behind her, but when she joined Bear Creek High School this school year, she noticed the same boy in nearly every one of her classes.

“I just couldn’t be in the same room as him. I started crying,” she said.

Her mother went to the school’s administration to complain.

“I’m told there’s basically nothing more that we can do other than to change my daughter’s schedule,” she said.

Jefferson County Public Schools changed the students' schedules so they didn't cross over. They even changed the boy's lunch time. But even with that, both mother and daughter said the boy wouldn’t back off.

“I told him [the boy] would get in trouble and he said ‘I don’t care, do what you want,'" the daughter said.

Jefferson County Public Schools said it did what needed to be done. It said it reported the latest incident to police but added the boy hasn’t crossed a line where he should be expelled, even though the other side said he physically groped her daughter and continues to sexually harass her.

“If it were out in the real world, there would be no question as to whether or not there’s a restraining order already in place,” the mother said.

“The school isn’t doing anything and he’s not obeying what he should be doing,” the girl added.

Even though police have gotten involved twice, the district said it usually only bans students if they’re arrested and charged.

The mother wonders what else has to happen to her daughter for the district to take the issue more seriously.
http://kdvr.com/2016/02/08/mother-jeffco-school-district-wont-protect-my-daughter-from-sex-abuse/

When I was in high school (admittedly it's been awhile) we didn't wait to see what the admins would do. They're useless. We just took care of it ourselves and if that didn't work, then we had a whole lot of friends/family that would go have a little chat and let the person know in no uncertain terms that they were to leave us alone. No one was hurt more than their pride and that "chat" ALWAYS worked.

Before anyone says anything about only kids with lots of friends having this sort of benefit, I have seen more than one kid who had almost no friends or family suddenly become the focus of a whole lot of protective attention when the need arose.

No, people shouldn't take the law into their own hands, but we all have a right to feel safe and as stated, admins are useless. Restraining orders are nothing but paper. A good scare works wonders.

They should at the very least teach the girl to defend herself and kick his balls clear out his throat if he so much as brushes against her. I wouldn't give one flying fuck how much trouble my child got into because they were defending themselves, and I certainly wouldn't warn the school or the boy that a shitstorm of whoop-ass was coming his way if he even dared to cross the line.

We need to stop raising our girls to be perpetual victims.

They should at the very least teach the girl to defend herself and kick his balls clear out his throat if he so much as brushes against her. I wouldn't give one flying fuck how much trouble my child got into because they were defending themselves, and I certainly wouldn't warn the school or the boy that a shitstorm of whoop-ass was coming his way if he even dared to cross the line.

We need to stop raising our girls to be perpetual victims.
Some boy in elementary school spent all his time harassing me, though it wasn't sexual. The teacher had the whole "boys will be boys" attitude going. My grandpa told me that the next time the kid hit me I should take off my shoe and beat him with it.

Totally fixed the problem. Violence might not be THE answer, but it's an answer.

I've only hit one person and she was messing with me and had been messing with me for the better part of the school year, knocked her over a row desks and she had to gall to start crying and wanting to see the principal, but she never messed with me again and that's all I cared about. It's the only thing most bullies respect, power.

Back