• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Elpidio “Juan” Contreras Wednesday vehemently denied that he molested three girls and even accused one of his victims of asking him to dance with him when she was 12.

“I have video of the girl blowing kisses and saying, ‘You are No. 1, Juan,’” Contreras said in Spanish.

The judge sentenced Contreras to 61 years in prison for sexually assaulting the girls after luring them with the hope of fame and fortune.

Flood said Contreras, 56, violated the trust the parents of the girls had in him to fulfill his “selfish needs.”

“He promised them singing lessons but that’s certainly not what these girls got,” Assistant State’s Attorney Elizabeth Ciaccia said.

Prosecutors on Wednesday called to the stand a former relative of Contreras who said she was raped by him starting at the age of 4 through 16.

Contreras was not charged with sexually assaulting the now 39-year-old woman.

Through tears, the woman told Flood she feels a lot of guilt for not telling any other authority figure beside her mother who ignored her cries for help.

“If I had spoken up sooner, this wouldn’t have happened to other girls,” the woman said.

Contreras, who hosted the “El Show De Juan Contreras ” or the “Juan Contreras Show,” was arrested in 2013 for molesting and taking lewd pictures of a girl he gave voice lessons to at his office in the 200 block of North Cicero Avenue.

More victims came forward afterward, including a woman who said Contreras assaulted her in a series of attacks that started when she was 11 in 1993.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/88473209-story

Through tears, the woman told Flood she feels a lot of guilt for not telling any other authority figure beside her mother who ignored her cries for help.

“If I had spoken up sooner, this wouldn’t have happened to other girls,” the woman said.

My heart goes out to this woman. I am so happy we're finally realizing that silence is permission by omission. And every time I hear about mothers in denial, I always get this "I wish I was an Xmen" feeling so I could've been in the right place at the right time to verbally snap these moms into reality and out of their denial, shock, anger and selfishness. It's not *about* them. *frustrated sigh*

I hope this guy gets a long time in jail and that he gets to find out if he can scream in key.

(Taken from Nathan Fillion's character Nathan when he was a psychotic murdering priest who gave choir lessons to the girls he killed. He once said that one of them sang so well that she "even screamed in key.")

"No, it's only a microphone, I swear!"

I know, I know...I already regret it.

Back