• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CLouise

An Adelaide man has faced court charged with allegedly raping, assaulting, kidnapping and attempting to murder two young foreign backpackers at an isolated stretch of the Coorong National Park.
Two women in their early 20s were flown to the Flinders Medical Centre with serious injuries and remain in hospital in a stable condition.

Superintendent James Blandford said the two women had been driving "with a newly acquainted person" and "effectively found themselves in a situation that has turned out to be scary and physically bad for them".

"One of the victims was able to run away and came across some people fishing in the area," he said.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...dnapping-and-attempted-murder-coorong/7154338

One of the women sustained serious head injuries.
the man had been charged with a sexual offence, meaning his identity was automatically suppressed under state law.

Defence counsel applied for a home detention bail report, but Mr Foley declined to order one, saying he saw little chance he would be convinced the man should be released, given the gravity of the charges.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/man-charged-with-attacking-two-young-women-camping-at-coorong-national-park/news-story

the man had been charged with a sexual offence, meaning his identity was automatically suppressed under state law.

How much sense does that make? Under those circumstances, if I was about to get pinched for say, robbing a liquor store or something, I may fondle someone a little just so my mugshot didn't get plastered all over everywhere.

Wow...all that and not murdered actually sounds like the best day ever!

I thought I was going to get shot once...I remember bowing my head and doing like the slowest eye close ever and...WHAM. Dude reigned punches instead. Any ways...that day you think you're going to be executed, but just get the worst beating of your life instead....Best day ever!

This isn't the guys first rodeo- he was brave enough to go after two girls at once. But they keep his identity quiet -- don't they want others to come forward and put this bastard away for life?

"Wolf Creek" is exactly what I thought about when i read this. That movie was scary because it could really happen AND did happen! Makes me never want to go hiking through the wilderness, especially in another country. ;)

SA man found guilty of six charges over attack on backpackers
A 60-year-old man accused of brutally attacking two female backpackers at Salt Creek, in South Australia's Coorong region, has been found guilty of six out of seven charges.
guilty of kidnapping, endangering life, causing harm with intent to cause harm and assault charges over the attack on February 9 last year. [and not guilty of attempted murder]
During her evidence, the Brazilian woman said the man suggested they go look for kangaroos in the sand dunes and when she asked to go back to the camp he grabbed her from behind and pulled her to the ground.

The German woman told the court she woke to the sound of her friend screaming and when she yelled at the man to stop he ran after her and attacked her with a hammer.

The court heard he later mowed her down in his four-wheel drive, using the bull bar as a battering ram.
He will be sentenced at a later date.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...-charges-related-to-salt-creek-attack/8383770

they go way too far out of their way to protect the guilty, people need to see who this ass is as there possibly are more past victims

Salt Creek backpacker attacker Roman Heinze has 'anger management issues', jailed for 22 years
Roman Heinze was found guilty in South Australia's Supreme Court of six offences over the attack in February last year, including aggravated kidnapping, causing harm with intent to cause harm, assault, endangering life and indecent assault.

Heinze also convicted of indecently assaulting another young woman about two years before the Salt Creek attack.

The identity of the 61-year-old from Morphett Vale in Adelaide's south was only revealed recently due to court suppression orders.

The Supreme Court set a non-parole-period of 17 years.
"Even though you have presented as a docile and at times rather pathetic character sitting in the dock over these past months, it's obvious you are a man with a very strong anger management issue," Justice Kelly said.

"Equally obvious that you have violent and obsessive sexual preoccupations for which you have amply demonstrated you're capable of acting out."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-17/salt-creek-backpack-attacker-roman-heinze-sentenced/8532256

He was found not guilty on May 5th of rape charges against an ex-girlfriend there was "reasonable doubt" about her testimony and reliability as a witness.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-...ker-attacker-found-not-guilty-of-rape/8500002

Is this an over the top attempt at protecting identities of victims? I cant really understand the purpose of this.

Wonder what charge he wasnt convicted on. Hard to believe they couldnt pin everything on him.

What a pathetic sentence though. Australia doesnt give a shit about crime. Fact. Nation of pussies.
[doublepost=1495334776,1495334631][/doublepost]Oh wow they suspended his drivers license for a whopping 10 years after htey release him back into society. So harsh and serious Australia!!! TEN whole years before he can run people over again!

Fucking idiots.
[doublepost=1495334827][/doublepost]She was critical of the three off-duty police officers who were also fishing on the beach that day.

"There were some decent Australian men about the place that day," she said.

"I am not referring to the three off-duty police officers, whose only apparent role in the drama unfolding on the beach around them that afternoon was apparently to drag a couple of eskies across the entrance to the beach and carry on fishing."

What a fucking surprise. These officers should have been publically named.

Latest posts

Back