• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Two sheriff's deputies have died from their wounds after a gunman opened fire in a restaurant, near a shopping center in Maryland, the sheriff says.

A man shot a sheriff's deputy in the head inside a crowded restaurant at lunchtime Wednesday during a shootout, authorities and witnesses previously said.

The gunman was killed and, remarkably no bystanders were hurt, Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said.

CBS Baltimore reports that the suspect has been identified as 67-year-old David Evans. Police say Evans had several warrants out for his arrest.

Both deputies were men. One served 16 years, and the other for 30. Their names have not yet been released, CBS Baltimore reports.

A sheriff's deputy was called to the restaurant after a report about someone causing a problem. The deputy tried to talk to the man, who was apparently known to workers. The deputy sat down beside him, asked how he was doing and the man shot him in the head.

"I saw him fall back out of his chair and the blood started coming out," Faulkner said. "I didn't know how to process it. My mom said, 'What's going on?' and I said, 'Get down, someone just got shot.'"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-killed-two-deputies-wounded-in-maryland-shootout/

CBS Baltimore reports that the suspect has been identified as 67-year-old David Evans. Police say Evans had several warrants out for his arrest

So its not random...deliberately targeted police. Fuck you court dates...I'm not going.

ABINGDON, MD
– Officials say two sheriff’s deputies are dead after 67-year-old David Evans ambushed a police officer inside a crowded Panera Bread restaurant in Maryland.

According to reports, Evans was sitting inside the restaurant looking “sketchy” and disheveled. Evans was known to the workers and, going by statements made to the press, has a history of mental issues.

A sheriff’s deputy was called to the location to check on a report about Evans causing a problem. According to witnesses, the officer sat down beside Evans and asked him how he was doing. Evans responded by pulling out a handgun and shooting the officer in the head.

“I saw him fall back out of his chair and the blood started coming out,” said one patron sitting 10-feet away from the shooting.

Evans fled the scene and witnesses gave responding officers a description the direction Evans was headed. One deputy caught up to him, leading to an exchange of gunfire that left both Evans and the officer dead.

The names of the two police officers have not been released yet, at least not while I am writing this up, but it was reported that one was a 30-year veteran and the other served 16 years.

“This is a tragic day for the Harford County Sheriff’s Office,” Sheriff Jeffrey R. Gahler said. “They were two outstanding deputies who served the citizens of this community faithfully.”

No word on why Evans decided to open fire on police, but he already had warrants out for his arrest, including one out of Florida where he was accused of assaulting a police officer and fleeing and eluding.

The comments attached to the news articles reporting on the incident are a total clusterfuck. So far I have seen everyone under the sun blamed for this incident, including Obama, the NRA, guns, the lack of guns, the Black Lives Matter movement, the dead officers, liberals, conservatives, and even Beyonce’s Super Bowl Half-time performance.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

BGgone8CQMM

Continue reading...

I'm impressed that it's been several hours and no one has mentioned race! :jawdrop:

The race is on... First one to the finish line, without killing someone, wins. Finish line is at the end of the rainbow where the easter bunny and tooth fairy live.

On the mark...

Get set....

GO!!!

I'm gonna sit this one out.

Back