• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Roberte

Federal prosecutors have charged a husband and wife from the Katy area with holding a nanny against her will for years, abusing her and not paying her to work.

Special agents with the Homeland Security Investigations Houston Human Trafficking Group have been interviewing the couple, family members, and the victim.

Chudy and Sandra Nsobundu were arrested Monday morning.

Court documents reveal that the 37 year old woman “arrived to the United States from Lagos, Nigeria in September of 2013

The couple promised to deposit $100 a month into her Nigerian bank account for the care of their children, and after five years they would pay for her to return to Nigeria. Prosecutors noted that recently the woman realized the couple never deposited any funds into her account.

Prosecutors also said the nanny wasn't allowed to eat fresh food. She was "only permitted to eat the leftovers from previous prepared meals."
Chudy Nsobundu, 56, and Sandra Nsobundu, 50, are charged with forced labor, withholding documents, conspiracy to harbor an illegal alien and visa fraud. Court documents reveal both husband and wife were naturalized United States citizens originally from Nigeria.

I don't have any pictures.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/co... (12:00 EST) 2016-02-09&utm_term=wkmg_1200est

I hope they have to pay her the lost wages as well as FICA and Medi tax deposits. Disgusting.

I'm not surprised by it, just pissed. The very first thing I wondered was what state they were from. :mad: She must not have had a good education even being from Lagos, poor woman. Still, I wish she would've (could've?) gone into nursing as a CNA like many 1st gen. African immigrants do. She could've made a livable wage without having to subject herself to her own personal domestic terrorists. There's enough of them with guns and bombs where she comes from. :( <3

Last edited:
For unskilled labor, $100 a month is a decent income in Nigeria. The servant slave was so ignorant or illiterate she did not even figure out for years that they never paid. Paying $1200 a year and airfare back after 5 years is so cheap. It boggles the mind that they were not willing to pay even that cheap rate. The temptation to aquire and scare a native servant into abject submission is irresistible to some greedy jerks. What nasty cruel greedy people.
The average monthly income of an educated middle class Nigerian is between US$480 and $645

I hope someone steps up to help the nanny file a civil suit against this couple. I hope she owns their home and gets a big wad of cash for damages. She deserves it.

Chudy and Sandra Nsobundu were arrested Monday on charges of forced labor, withholding documents, conspiracy to harbor an illegal immigrant and visa fraud. Authorities say the couple seized the nanny's passport, so she was unable to leave.
The Nsobundus made their initial court appearances Tuesday during separate court hearings. U.S. Magistrate Judge Nancy Johnson granted Sandra Nsobundu, 50, an unsecured bond and Chudy Nsobundu, 56, a $5,000 bond.

The judge asked Chudy Nsobundu to hire an attorney after he didn't qualify for a court-appointed lawyer. During his court hearing, Chudy Nsobundu said he runs a business that provides home health care services.

The Nsobundus each face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

The Nsobundus are naturalized U.S. citizens originally from Nigeria.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/texas-couple-charged-imprisoning-paying-nanny-36805416
[doublepost=1455068682,1455068580][/doublepost]
I wonder where Chudy and Sandra are from?
They are originally from Nigeria as well.

Nigeria won its secular independence October 01, 1960 (democracy in '99). I guess these assholes didn't get the memo slavery was over...(yeah, I know, ijs). :(

I hope her kids back home are OK, seeing as they weren't receiving the money for their care

http://www.startribune.com/texas-couple-pleads-guilty-in-enslaved-nanny-case/397648851/
HOUSTON — A Houston-area couple pleaded guilty on Wednesday to charges related to forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their five children and home without pay for two years, having her work nearly 20 hours a day.
[....]
Chudy Nsobundu pleaded guilty to visa fraud while his wife pleaded guilty to unlawful conduct with respect to documents in furtherance of forced labor, said U.S. Attorney Kenneth Magidson.

Attorneys for the couple didn't immediately return calls seeking comment on Wednesday.

The Nsobundus, who are naturalized U.S. citizens originally from Nigeria, will be sentenced on Jan. 4. They remain free on bond.

Sandra Nsobundu faces up to five years in prison, while her husband faces up to 10 years imprisonment.
[....]
Prosecutors are seeking restitution in the amount of $129,108 to pay for back wages owed to the nanny, whose name has not been released by authorities.

forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their five children and home without pay for two years, having her work nearly 20 hours a day.
:eek:

Prosecutors are seeking restitution in the amount of $129,108 to pay for back wages owed to the nanny,
I hope she gets every penny.
I hope there fuckers are flat broke when they get out of prison.
Cunts.

Back