• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
Gonna be a lot more of these little "accidents" and fatalities where this came from until America starts getting its shit together. I'm too lazy to count the number of these kinds of stories in the news since last summer when they started popping up more and more.

Detectives were interviewing other relatives in the home at the time of the shooting.

The girl was flown to Children’s of Alabama with life-threatening injuries, AL.com reports.
From bostonburns link.

There is a record number of new firearm owners and many, if not most, aren't being responsible & getting info on how to store their weapons properly. At the barest minimum, they need to learn how to use the trigger locks that are supplied with most new firearms when young children are going to be in the home. Even then, basic common sense would help a lot.

The fuck is going on here? Where does he live that shit is so bad he needs a loaded gun on his nightstand? How awful and completely preventable had he not been completely reckless with his weapon.

My military trained, childless Uncle kept a loaded pistol on his nightstand. We dropped in for a visit (4 young kids with parents) as the adults were visiting my 4 yo brother slipped away and got ahold of the gun, he came down the hall pointing the gun and saying " I gonna shoot you." My Dad jumped up and over my brother disarming him at the same time-- it was surreal and cartoonish at the same time. Uncle bought a locking box after that incident.

As a secondary tragedy here, he probably cost the parents a fortune in future babysitting costs over the next 9 years.

Last edited:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pistol-from-nightstand-fatally-shoots-sister/

The pistol lay on the bedroom nightstand loaded and untouched. And then it was in the 3-year-old’s hands, pointed toward his older sister.

A moment later, Kimberly Reylander was on the floor, bleeding from a wound to her head, after her younger brother accidentally shot her, Irondale, Ala., police said. The adults rushed into the room.

“Her grandma was laying the towel on her head and laid down there and started praying, she was praying, I was praying, my wife was screaming and praying. Nobody knows how that feels until you experience it,” the girl’s grandfather, Joel Watson, told WIAT.

The 9-year-old girl was flown to Children’s of Alabama hospital Saturday, where she died of her injuries, according to AL.com.

Irondale Police Chief Ken Atkinson told AL.com and WIAT that the children’s great-grandfather had left the loaded pistol on his nightstand Saturday morning, not knowing that the children were coming over. He wasn’t home at the time of the shooting, but the children’s grandmother and uncle — whom police detectives are now interviewing — were, though they didn’t know there was a gun in the room where the children were playing.

“It appears to be a tragic accident,” Atkinson said.

Local TV station WBRC reported it doesn’t seem that any charges will be filed, citing Irondale police.

Police received a 911 call about the shooting about 2:10 p.m. Saturday, AL.com reported. The dead-end road where the family lived was blocked by police and emergency response vehicles Saturday. And the incident left their neighbors reeling.

Chrissy Coblentz, who said she lives next door to the children’s great-grandparents, set up a crowdfunding page to help pay for the girl’s funeral expenses.

“My children played with Kimi in our and her backyard every weekend, rode the same school bus, and celebrated birthday’s together, she wrote. “We are shocked at this loss of this young life.”

The little girl’s funeral will be held this week. Her death is still under investigation, Atkinson told AL.com, adding a warning for owners of guns:

“The lesson is you have to make sure those weapons are put up, out of sight and out of reach, really of anyone, but especially children,” he said. “It is tragic because this 3-year-old has no idea what is going on right now. It is just a horrible situation.”

Last edited:
n3rsz.jpg

[doublepost=1454972277,1454971563][/doublepost]
Ans: Anywhere on this planet. Crime doesn't call ahead for reservations.

Question
CbabyRKO

The fuck is going on here? Where does he live that shit is so bad he needs a loaded gun on hisnightstand? How awful and completely preventable had he not been completely reckless with his weapon.

We sleep with one on our night stand and we have a six year old & teens. However she knows that the guns are real and goes to the ranges with us and gets to shoot. She sees the destruction & death guns create. Oh and we have never had a reason to use Thor but we might.

Last edited:
We sleep with one on our night stand and we have a six year old & teens. However she knows that the guns are real and goes to the ranges with us and gets to shoot. She sees the destruction & death guns create. Oh and we have never had a reason to use Thor but we might.

Y'all are responsible firearms owners. (Thank you for that.) Unfortunately, I was having to address a point from someone that obviously doesn't know fuck all about them.

When we have our G-Nephews here for weekends, their custodial parent won't allow us to teach them anything about firearms. The idiot doesn't think that his kids know where his unsecured pistol is. So, we have not allowed them to fire any of our pistols, or rifles. We have, however, taught them how to properly handle them. But we still secure them when they visit.

It would help not having a cartridge chambered, never understood the necessity,
actually feel it's rather stupid

Christ. I hope that little boy is getting therapy. If not he's gonna be fucked in the head.
The mom is totally an damaging him.
I think he needs to be removed from her care.

“I love you,” the 4-year-old boy says as they drive through their neighborhood, just after his mother, who awoke with another migraine, told him to “shut up and sit on your butt or else.” “I love you,” he says again, a few seconds later, for what seems like the 10th time today, and now no one says anything. His grandmother stares ahead, dreading where they’re going.
This breaks my heart.

Last edited:
The mom is totally an damaging him.
I think he needs to be removed from her care.

This breaks my heart.
Me too, the thought of what is going on in that boy's head. He knows something is wrong, but can't understand, obviously he's feeling guilt and fear. I can't say I have any idea of how the mom feels right now. I hope she realizes passive agressivly punishing her son doesn't make things better. not to sound harsh towards the mom, I'm sure she can't sort through the mixed emotions she feels. everyone is victim in this one.

Back