• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Bigsby2us

Ok, I had a night that was fucked to tears. Thought I would share, and maybe get to hear some of yours.

My lovely girlfriend invites niece and boyfriend over to watch the super bowl last night. Drinks are consumed, dinner had, fun night by all. They go home, (a few houses down) we go to bed.
1a.m. Niece banging on our door. Says her and her boyfriend have had a fight. They had continued drinking at home. She asks to sleep on the couch. Ok. Now, niece and boyfriend have had drug problems, and I am not their biggest fans, let's say I have trust issues. Anyway, I have a hinky feeling, so check to make sure my pistol is loaded, and make a cup of coffee. An hour later, the boyfriend calls my s.o. and asks to speak to her niece. She says to call in the morning. I get my pistol and set it on the table. Ten minutes later I hear a light tap on the door, then the door handle turns. I yell at the door for him to go away he can talk to her in the morning. He yells and screams outside the house, and at this point everyone is awake. After repeated requests shouted through the door for him to leave, I have my s.o. call 911. He goes to banging on the door. I level my pistol and wait for him to come through it. I announce that I have a gun, and if he comes in I will use it, and that the cops have been called. He goes back to shouting and pacing the driveway. Cops finally show up, and find that he had a 10" butcher knife on him. I can't believe I had almost went back to sleep.

When I was about 14 there was a bank robbery in Baton Rouge. The perps got caught, but unfortunately the female bank robber had the same name as me! Yup. Our phones blew up with family and friends frantically trying to find out why I had robbed a bank. Neighbors gossiped for weeks.
Family had to post a message on the front page of the newspaper stating that "the LRH arrested for bank robbery is NOT the LRH who is the daughter of HDH. I was a celebrity for weeks.

1a.m. Niece banging on our door. Says her and her boyfriend have had a fight.

She asks to sleep on the couch.

Now, niece and boyfriend have had drug problems,

Ten minutes later I hear a light tap on the door, then the door handle turns.

Cops finally show up, and find that he had a 10" butcher knife on him.
More than likely, your niece will take him back.
If she's smart, she wont. if she doesn't then be emotionally supportive but tough about the drug use. This might be the point in life she is ready to turn her life around. If its not, and she takes this guy back then you must cut the ties with her.
People who have this drama in their life love nothing more than to have it spill over into other peoples lives. Say no to that!

Much more exciting than the game! Granted, not ideal excitement, but I we could have used a little adrenaline last night. My dad fell asleep on the couch for an entire quarter, my MIL couldn't stop yawning and threatening to go watch a movie, and my spouse plain quit watching.

But, for me, Cam's child-like fits at the end made it allllll worth it.

Unfortunately, living in an urban region and being a chick means I've been exposed to my fair share of crime. But, by some miracle, I have never been violently victimized. Well, aside from a fight outside a punk show as a teen, but I don't count that.

My two most haunting encounters have been with rapists.

The first was when I was 17, and I was walking home at night from my then boyfriend/now husband's house. My mom had just recently given him crap for not walking me home, but I was all, "I'm a big girl, I can handle myself!" and once again, insisted he let me walk home alone because feminism or some shit.

On my way home, I walked through the "downtown" region of my Seattle suburb, passing shops and restaurants, many closed at that hour. As I walked past an alley between two buildings, a fairly short (I'm 5'11"), slightly portly man called out to me. Something like, "Hey, baby..." you know. I was wearing headphones, and pretended not to hear him. Didn't miss a beat.

I've got another three blocks of businesses before it turns into residential blocks and I'm back in my neighborhood. I'm walking along, thinking nothing of the catcaller from a couple of blocks ago until I start crossing a street and OMG, there he is again. He obviously hopped in his vehicle and anticipated my route, driving ahead of me. As I pass him, he again says something, and I again pretend not to notice, but this time, every hair on the back of my neck is standing up and I'm beginning to feel the adrenaline course through my veins.

Just as soon as I pass, he starts after me on foot. I haven't removed my headphones, but I've turned the music all the way down, and can hear his heavy footsteps and labored breath behind me. I quicken my pace, and he practically begins jogging behind me to catch up. By this time, we've just started into the residential blocks. I'm not sure why I didn't just run for it. Naivete, I suppose?

I get a block down the road when he's caught up. He's saying, "Hey, stop for a minute. Hey! Stop!" and I keep ignoring him. I'm not terribly surprised when I feel his hand on my shoulder and he uses my momentum to spin me around. Agitated, he barks, "Didn't you hear me? I said I want to have sex with you!" As his right hand slides down my left arm to grab my wrist, surely intending to pull me into the dark bushes next to us, I haul off and pop him with a right jab that surprised even me. Stunned, he let go, and I bounded away like a gazelle, sprinting the remaining four blocks home.

I blew through the door at home like the devil himself was on my heels. My parents, startled by it, were already on the phone with the cops as I struggled between breaths to recount what had just happened. I was not a dramatic child; they knew some shit had just gone down. An officer soon arrived, and I gave him the details.

But, the REALLY chilling moment happened maybe a week and a half later. I'm outside raking leaves on a beautiful day when my mother comes out with a newspaper clipping in her hand. It's a police sketch. "Athena, is this the man?" she asks, as the Seattle Mariners jacket in the sketch matched the jacket I described to police. "Oh my god, yes..." I trail off, knowing this can't be good. "You were lucky. He successfully raped a 14-year-old girl two nights later."

I stopped resisting the offer to walk me home after that.

I feel like we have done this before.

I have been stuck up a bunch of times, slept through a home invasion, and had an ex-husband who used to beat on me pretty good.

I am fortunate enough to not have any heavy crime stories, just this.

When I was 13 I used to deliver news papers in the weekend. Some of the flats around there housed refugees or migrants waiting for permission to stay, etc. Never had a problem with them until one day some young black dude with a very thick accent kept calling out from his flat for me to come in. 'Eh yo girl, you come in, where you live, where you live?'. Then he came out and tried to lure me in.

I jumped on my bike and went right home, and my mom delivered the rest of the papers. I really wish we had called the police and busted his pedo ass but it was a different time, I guess. Scary to think how I close I got to being in trouble, in broad daylight too.

Early 80s, I worked in a hotel that was robbed one Saturday night. The night clerk was tied to a chair with computer cables, the robbers started to drag the safe out and the door swung open. (We never locked the safe.) So they took off with the contents. We had a full house, and a weekend, so there was plenty of cash, travellers checks, credit card receipts. Also, we did not lock the lobby door at night because someone was always on duty 24/7. After the robbery, management installed an electric door lock and a floor safe.
The night clerk had the heebie jeebies about graveyard shift, so I traded shifts with her for a couple months because I was the only one who knew how to do the night audit. Part of the night time duties was to walk through the parking lot and past every door, just seeing if things were OK. It was not required, women usually did not do it, but a walk in the cold night air helped keep me awake, so I did it a couple times a night.. Local police were supposed to drive by and check on staff, but cops only came when the hot chick was on duty. They never checked on me. I was pretty, but not HOT.
After several weeks on graveyard shift, I heard a rattle at the door about 2AM. I turned around to see a man with a ski mask and a rifle. (Only 30 minutes before I had done my nightly prowl through the parking lot.) I ran to a back office and called police. Whoever it was ran away fast. The police said I must have over reacted to something because there was nothing there. The cops were very skeptical, one even rolled his eyes at my story.
A month later, they caught the robbers for another crime. The idiots still had the credit card receipts and travellers checks in their van! They admitted they came back to rob the place again, because it was so easy to rob the first time. They ran away because they saw "the police woman on duty". They had seen the "lady cop" patrolling the parking lot, returned an hour later to try again, and saw the "lady cop" again in the office, and aborted the robbery. That was me in a navy blue skirt and blazer! :nana: Apparently, they figured a woman in blue with a flashlight walking briskly around a parking lot after midnight was a cop.
The same cop who rolled his eyes apologized for not believing me.
Pretty stupid guys and career criminals. 15 years later, one of them apparently murdered someone and was up for the death penalty. The DA contacted me about making a victim impact statement - they were contacting all this cretin's former victims. I explained that nothing really happened to me due to their mistaken impression that I was a police officer.

I really hope your girlfriend's niece gets a restraining order on that guy! Holy shit, I got chills when you said he had a knife. Not his first brush with domestic violence, I would bet every penny I have (which isn't a lot, but still) that he's been violent before.

I'll come back and share my own brushes with criminals another time.

Here's one of them...
Many years ago, I was dating a stripper named China. My friend Derek and I were hanging out at the club and we all dropped a few hits of acid. After work, we went back to my apartment, which was really just a conference room and an office in the building where I used to work.
In Indiana, we're not allowed to buy beer on Sunday. Well, Saturday night rolled into Sunday morning, and we were thirsty. And tripping. I talked Derek into driving down to the quickie mart so I could get some beer. ("Come on, man! It'll be a fun story to tell later!") I walked in and put two 12 packs on the counter, and of course the man wouldn't sell them to me. I said, "I'll pay you tomorrow", and walked out with them. We went back to the apartment, went upstairs, and drank a couple beers. I... had relations... with the stripper and went to sleep.
Not long after, I heard banging on the door downstairs. I went to the window and an officer was in the parking lot requesting I get my friends and come downstairs. I obliged.
It turned out that Derek had pulled his car in the warehouse, but forgot to shut the overhead door. To make matters worse, I left one of the 12 packs on top of the car. We were red handed.
We were immediately searched and put under arrest. While we were waiting for the owner of the building to come, I bitched to the cop that it was cold out, and used my erect nipples as proof that I needed my girlfriend to go get my jacket. (trippin', remember?)I think the cop was amused. He let China go get my jacket.
Jail was interesting on acid. I felt bad for Derek, though. I bonded out, but he had a hold from a different county. As I was walking out, he said "It'll be a fun story to tell later, right asshole?"
Hahaha... It IS a fun story to tell.

I've been involved in 4 police chases. Was a passenger during one, ended pretty quicly though cuz my friend was a pussy. It was minor drug stuff, and i wasn't charged. The others were just me getting hit or nearly getting hit by other assholes.

Hahaha... It IS a fun story to tell.

If only it was a fun story to read. Maybe embellish it a little next time for the benefit of those unfortunate neough to have sat through it.

Well, aside from a fight outside a punk show as a teen, but I don't count that.

Part of going to a punk concert. I think what happens is the folks who go deep down realize the music is infuriatingly shitty and it, perhaps on a subconscious level, causes them to be more prone to violence.

The same cop who rolled his eyes apologized for not believing me.
Pretty stupid guys and career criminals. 15 years later, one of them apparently murdered someone and was up for the death penalty. The DA contacted me about making a victim impact statement - they were contacting all this cretin's former victims. I explained that nothing really happened to me due to their mistaken impression that I was a police officer.

You got the criminals name or story of their other crime?

Most depressing ass thread on the whole site!

I'm sure.

You got the criminals name or story of their other crime?
It was long ago, I don't remember their names. Fortunately I was not a victim, the other night clerk was robbed and tied. I related the story to show how dumb the crooks were. The other crime was a brutal murder, something to do with a bad drug deal. I have no details.

I needed to delete these comments in case anyone came looking.

Last edited:
I haven't been directly involved in any interesting crimes, only a little petty thing having to do with an axe and the fortress of a wall a neighbor 2 doors down had built, but I have seen n heard some crap. One night in 2009 J hid his car and waited across the street for my daughter's boyfriend to show up and when he did he pulled out a gun and started shooting at M's feet until the gun jammed. The two fought hard over that gun til eventually M ended up with it and beat J with it. Cops finally arrived and found M hiding under my car with the gun. J wasn't charged with a damned thing, M was arrested and had charges but eventually they were dropped. J had a lotta friends who lied for him. J was already on probation. The two are cousins.

One day in the summer of 2008 I was at J's mother's house and she was going on and on about how her brother in-law was looking for her son over some aluminum he had stolen from his uncle's yard. Her daughter threatened to shove her off the porch if she didn't shut the fuck up, her uncle was a pussy and nothing was going to happen so shut the fuck up and she damned near tipped her Mother outta that chair. While C was in the house calling the police on her daughter I got a call from my Mother that someone was shot but she didn't know who was shot. I took C to the block that I lived where she found out it was her husband who was shot in the backyard of the house on the corner.. he was back there working on his neighbor's van. His sister was down there laughing like a frippin hyena. He couldn't breathe on his own, he was paralyzed from the neck down.. after a few weeks or so he died. His brother went back to prison for murder. Very sad. His youngest daughter was pregnant with a grand-daughter that he named but he never got to see her. My daughter was pregnant at the time with his grand-daughter and he never knew it.

The reason why J was on probation. The van his dad was working on when he was shot. He and his friends decided to steal the van and use it to drive it thu a wall of the store around the corner. Yea, that just seems so wrong to me. And the guy who owned the van was an old man.

J shot at M's feet that one night. On another day around the block J's cousin B was shooting at him while he and his girlfriend were in his car.. the girlfriend was shot in the hand. B is doing some time now for that.

thanks Angels mom.

Just about the whole family is full of assholes including M. Sadly, J is my grand-daughter's father. =\

From 1984 (age 2) to 1999 I lived in a big house directly across Witty's Lagoon from a correctional facility. Little sister and myself were the only kids in the neighbourhood and it was the 80's so we were free range, had a great relationship with nature. Instead of barbies and tv (an hour a day of PBS or a Canucks game, till I was 16.. strict parents!) we played in the parks and wide open spaces in our little rural municipality. Whilst playing our version of Survivor on the beach, I had to have been 8 max and she 6, we look up to see three very wet men in coveralls running along the sand. They slow as they near us, we're hoarding mussel shells for our imaginary dinner and building our imaginary fire, and when we look up, they've come around the bend instead of cutting across the outflow from the lagoon and are heading directly for us. I grabbed my sister's arm at the exact moment the wailing siren started up coming from across the bay - (maybe 2km across the water..) They stopped. One pointed at the houses lining the cliffside on the beach and the wooden stairs leading up on to the street and past our front door. Their plans seemed to change from the two little girls unattended on the beach to getting the fuck outta dodge. Wasn't till they had left our sight that it sunk in and we realized they were escaped inmates and that was reeeeeally close. Wet footprints led up the road past our house and my mum called the cops once we got home and told her what happened.

Other than that - last week I bitched talked my husband into taking back the $200 he found sticking out of the ATM at the bank that was not his. Ladies behind the counter fawned over his gallant honesty and gave him a sweet fancy travel mug. I call it the mug of morals and have commandeered it, because it was my fucking morals.

Ladies behind the counter fawned over his gallant honesty and gave him a sweet fancy travel mug. I call it the mug of morals and have commandeered it, because it was my fucking morals.

I have to admit my morals change with my mood. Sometimes, I just don't give a shit. Yesterday, I was at the junk yard working on a Jeep and I found a bracelet on the ground. I took it into the office with me, and put it on the counter. I didn't think it was anything special, and you see all sorts of shit like that at the junk yard. A few minutes later, one of the yard owners came in and told the workers to keep their eye out for a bracelet. It turned out to be something with sentimental value to another regular customer. It felt good to know it mattered to somebody.

I'm amazed I didn't say fuck it, take it and go! We have a looming vet bill to deal with, all the more bitter since it amounted to nothing but euthanizing the cat anyway, 99% of me said RUNNNNNN but the 1% knows that kind of shit comes back tenfold and I'm not asking for another ounce of bad karma.

I'm amazed I didn't say fuck it, take it and go! We have a looming vet bill to deal with, all the more bitter since it amounted to nothing but euthanizing the cat anyway, 99% of me said RUNNNNNN but the 1% knows that kind of shit comes back tenfold and I'm not asking for another ounce of bad karma.

Hmm. That shit DOES come back tenfold. :D

We went to a concert and i snuck off behind the motel at 2 AM to smoke a joint. A cop pulled around there and asked if i saw a drunk guy running around and i tried to answer without exhaling a big cloud of pot smoke, while stepping on the joint and hoping he didn't see me.
Im sure he did, but who even wants to bust a 35 year old soccer mom with one joint.
That i couldn't even salvage i might add.

Back