• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...kland-county-smart-ddot-ford-taurus/79505152/

I could have sworn we had a thread on him here but I have looked and searched several different ways and I can't find it. This is technically an update but it tells the whole story, from the banker who gave him lift and the young man who started the first GFM just to get him a car so he wouldn't have to walk so far to work every day, and he wasn't going to miss work, he had perfect attendance for the last decade.

Like a lottery winner, his life changed almost overnight: From commuting 21 miles a day on foot to driving a new car — and from fending off feisty pals in an urban rooming house to kicking back in a suburban apartment all his own.

Likewise, James Robertson suddenly had a pile of unearned cash — about $360,000. It poured into three GoFundMe pages on the Internet and kept coming, 24/7, until the humble factory worker said after a week "that’s enough” and the pages were shut down.

Now, just more than a year after the Free Press first told the world about Robertson, dubbed “the Walking Man,” this soft-spoken baseball fan is finding that his windfall and free car make life a lot easier, more relaxing, more fun. Obviously.

This article is fairly long but it details the whole thing, even how they all band together to protect him from scammers, and opportunistic relatives. You'll like this man .

Last edited:
If this doesn't restore at least a little faith that the human spirit is still alive and well, I don't know what will. Everyday people doing amazing things and other everyday people doing Random Acts of Kindness. Imagine that. *S*

A Ford Taurus? Wow, way to "help" the guy out. I know beggers can't be chooses but fuck, what kind of cruel prank is that?

I will never trust any product the Ford company makes due to the issues i had with my Ford Taurus, what an embarrassing piece of trash that car is. My Hyundai was VASTLY superior.

THat job pays like shit. I know quite a few fellas doing machining/factory type work and they're getting quite a bit more than 11 bucks an hour.

"“I have a certain type of person I’d like. I’ll leave it at that,” is all he’ll say."

Kinda shitty that they had these gofundmes to get him a car, and he ends up spending a bunch of that money on a nice new big tv and new apt. Kinda taking advantage i think.

Last edited:
A Ford Taurus? Wow, way to "help" the guy out. I know beggers can't be chooses but fuck, what kind of cruel prank is that?

I will never trust any product the Ford company makes due to the issues i had with my Ford Taurus, what an embarrassing piece of trash that car is. My Hyundai was VASTLY superior.

THat job pays like shit. I know quite a few fellas doing machining/factory type work and they're getting quite a bit more than 11 bucks an hour.

"“I have a certain type of person I’d like. I’ll leave it at that,” is all he’ll say."

Kinda shitty that they had these gofundmes to get him a car, and he ends up spending a bunch of that money on a nice new big tv and new apt. Kinda taking advantage i think.

Stop being jellos. Here. Just in case you want to support the American auto worker.
https://www.cars.com/articles/the-2015-american-made-index-1420680649381/

some people just go and miss the whole point of a heartwarming human interest story.

Back