• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
  • Jeff Woods died of a heart attack while competing in the Krispy Kreme Challenge yesterday
  • The five-mile challenge has runners run 2.5 miles to a Krispy Kreme shop, eat 12 doughnuts and then run back to the starting point
  • Woods, 58, was taken to North Carolina's Rex Hospital by EMS where he died
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iles-eating-dozen-doughnuts-running-back.html
58-year-old man died of a heart attack while participating in the annual Krispy Kreme Challenge in North Carolina yesterday.

Jeff 'Fafa' Woods stepped out of the race, complaining of chest pains within the first mile of the five-mile race.

He died shortly after arriving at Rex Hospital in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Krispy creme donuts are not worth dying for.
Not worth running 2.5 miles for either.

I wouldn't walk slowly across a parking lot to go get one. (I hate all donuts and that greasy film left in my mouth.)

RIP Fafa, let there be a heaven and let it be full of donuts.

Donuts are one of the greatest desert foods in existence, right up there with pie.

Krispy Kreme sucks and wouldn't sell a single donut if it weren't for their annoyingly successful marketing campaign. I mean the shithole has even fueled absurd race events like the one mentioned in this thread, people wear t shirts with the places logo/name plastered on it, it's ridiculous.

That said, this particular event sounds awesome.

Home grown/mom n pop type of donut places blow the likes of krispy kreme out of the fuckin water.

Now allI have running thru my head is Jeff Dunham's puppet Peanut singing:

Jeff-fa-fa DunHAM DOT com.

Sorry Jeff-fa-fa died before he got to the donuts.

I hate to say it, but I fully agree with Jack in this thread. Donuts ARE one of the greatest desserts ever. I've never cared for Krispy Kreme because they always left me wanting a real donut. The only place where I'll buy donuts is the DeLuxe Italian Bakery in Runnemede, NJ. For one thing, their donuts are a bit larger than most. They have an awesome cream donut - the cake part is sliced in half, and held together with a baseball-sized dollop of cake frosting. Hundreds of calories, I'm sure, but they're fantastic, especially if you like frosting.

Thankfully, I live in Virginia most of the time, so I can't get my hands on them. And the calories.

Back