• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Kansas State and the University of Kansas take additional steps to help ensure campus safety for all by publishing names that can be looked up on the state S.O. Registry.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/31161041/2-kansas-universities-give-campus-sex-offender-lists-online

That's good. I have no idea why these people weren't already searchable on the S.O. registry by location, but it's a good move even if it is somewhat belated.

It's nice to see universities are finally taking steps to protect our daughters from predators. Who knows where this could lead? Maybe one day schools will start reporting sexual assaults to the actual police instead of depending on their teams of costumed incompetents to cover up, I mean investigate, assaults by their highly valued athletes.

Sons can be victims too. Male rape is severely under reported.
I'm sure it is. I imagine the general response to a man's claim of rape would be more traumatic than just living with it.

However, sons tend to come in large, muscular sizes, while daughters are often small enough for a college football player to snatch up and stow in his pocket.

Doesn't mean guys don't suffer from violent - even sexually violent - crimes, but a 6' 11" 250 pound man is going to be a lot less tempting as a target than a 4' 11" 96 pound woman. Not to mention harder to fit into a duffle bag or suitcase for transportation.

I too don't get why these sex offenders whereabouts weren't readily available to the public before. What makes college so special? Why is that different from any other place they might reside?

And i really don't get why a university, especially a tax funded state one, would permit sex offenders to live on campus in the first place. That's fucking sickening. People shell out tens of thousands of dollars a year and that's the service they get? No convicted felon should be permitted to live on a college campus.

However, sons tend to come in large, muscular sizes, while daughters are often small enough for a college football player to snatch up and stow in his pocket.
Doesn't mean guys don't suffer from violent - even sexually violent - crimes, but a 6' 11" 250 pound man is going to be a lot less tempting as a target than a 4' 11" 96 pound woman.

The implication being that only weak men get raped. Nice, and very helpful when it comes to that traumatic "general response" towards male rape victims you spoke of.

The implication being that only weak men get raped. Nice, and very helpful when it comes to that traumatic "general response" towards male rape victims you spoke of.

Life's full of trauma, Jack.

The idea that only weak men get raped was an inference on your part, not an implication on mine.

In general, predators prefer smaller, less powerful targets. That's discriminatory towards smaller, weaker people, I know, but predators tend to be all sorts of ugly things, and bigoted is one of the least detestable among them.

But you know damned well that the reason raped men don't get much sympathy is not because someone thinks they are weak. It's because too many men think there must be something wrong with them for complaining about "getting lucky" if the perp was a woman, and way too many men think that if a man had sex with a man, even at gunpoint, it means the man is now gay.

who thinks a man that's raped by another man must be gay? that's retarded. also women can rape men the same ways they themselves get raped, being drunk/drugged/physically forced or just be young enough that they are easily taken advantage of.

Yes, any logical person can see that you are right. But plenty of people called Mary Kay Letourneau's victim a lucky kid. And surely you have heard someone say about someone in prison, "If he wasn't gay before, he is now!"

Our culture has a taboo against discussing sex in any way besides the most superficial. This prevents many people from developing mature attitude towards sex and seems to leave a lot of people stuck with an adolescent mindset concerning it.

Back