• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
From the link above:

She said she traded the jailhouse letter with him in which he talked about the decision to make a plea deal. Ebron writes, “It was definitely one of the hardest decisions of my life, but probably the best possible outcome dealing with the case.”

Hardest decision of your life...Oh, but killing a kid was easy. When your own worthless ass is at stake, then things suddenly become real for you.

I hope this fucker gets killed in prison.

Last edited:
Really Ruben, Lonna a 'beautiful' disaster? Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I see a hard faced not so fresh flower on the wilt who was ruled by the junk that allowed her to say after sixty seconds of the needle going in everything was good.

Really Ruben, Lonna a 'beautiful' disaster? Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I see a hard faced not so fresh flower on the wilt who was ruled by the junk that allowed her to say after sixty seconds of the needle going in everything was good.
Had she laid off drugs, she could be beautiful

From the link above:

Assistant State Attorney Rich Mantei said Lonzie drowned in a bathtub after Ebron and the boy's mother, Lonna Barton, locked the boy in a room. They found him face down in the water.

Fuck almighty, so is this Ebron's version to soften the horror of what he did, or the DA's version simply to secure the plea bargain and a sentence?

Surrre...you lock a kid in a room, so the first thing he does is fill a tub with water and drown himself.

Fucking bullshit. That ain't the way the kid died.

Nonetheless, I understand the DA trying to secure a sentence of some sort since they couldn't prove what killed Lonzie.

Here's hoping he serves the full 20 and then gets murdered before his release. Now give the same to that cunt of his.

I'm trying to find a copy of the letter he wrote to the court. He's sorry.
Pfft.
[doublepost=1454700612,1454700437][/doublepost]ld like to apologize to William and Wanda Ebron, my parents, and Debra and Lonzie Lauramore, Lonna's parents. You raised us better than this, you did no wrong, yet this has affected you so much and for that I am sorry. None of you deserved the public scrutiny that this brought.

I know our two families will forever be tied together and not in the way we had hoped for. Nobody dreams that this will ever happen to them or knows exactly how they would react if it does any parent want to believe ourselves...but it happened and both Lonna and I were both involved. This was a tragic accident made far worse by our horrible decision making. All we can do now is pay for the mistakes we have made and hopefully learn from them.

To Jessica; my children Shania, Trey, and Michael and to Landon and Lilly, I know you all have been through far too much because of our actions and I am sorry. I regret not being able to be the partner, father, and friend you deserved.

I hope my efforts over the past four weeks and this plea today provide some measure of closure to everyone involved, including the Jacksonville and Macclenny communities.

And I apologize most of all to Lonzie Arin Ray Barton- we failed to provide you the care you needed and I failed to protect you from the harm of others. I have and will continue to ask for forgiveness for what I did and for what I failed to do. You were so young and you experienced far too much in your short life. You've touched so many lives but were taken from us too soon. Baby man, may you finally rest in peace.

Sincerely,
William Ruben Ebron, Jr.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-barton/william-ruben-ebron-jr-letter-of-appology-read-in-court

~@Ponipetary~ I guess we are supposed to play dumb about the argument Lonna had with Ruben about the large lump on the back of Lonzie's head, the fact that he became lethargic and stopped eating, had fluids coming from his ears and the blood found on his blanket. If someone put that baby in a bathtub in that state on his own and he drowned, it is strait up murder in my book. WTF???

I'm trying to find a copy of the letter he wrote to the court. He's sorry.
Pfft.
[doublepost=1454700612,1454700437][/doublepost]ld like to apologize to William and Wanda Ebron, my parents, and Debra and Lonzie Lauramore, Lonna's parents. You raised us better than this, you did no wrong, yet this has affected you so much and for that I am sorry. None of you deserved the public scrutiny that this brought.

I know our two families will forever be tied together and not in the way we had hoped for. Nobody dreams that this will ever happen to them or knows exactly how they would react if it does any parent want to believe ourselves...but it happened and both Lonna and I were both involved. This was a tragic accident made far worse by our horrible decision making. All we can do now is pay for the mistakes we have made and hopefully learn from them.

To Jessica; my children Shania, Trey, and Michael and to Landon and Lilly, I know you all have been through far too much because of our actions and I am sorry. I regret not being able to be the partner, father, and friend you deserved.

I hope my efforts over the past four weeks and this plea today provide some measure of closure to everyone involved, including the Jacksonville and Macclenny communities.

And I apologize most of all . I have and will continue to ask for forgiveness for what I did and for what I failed to do. You were so young and you experienced far too much in your short life. You've touched so many lives but were taken from us too soon. Baby man, may you finally rest in peace.

Sincerely,
William Ruben Ebron, Jr.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-barton/william-ruben-ebron-jr-letter-of-appology-read-in-court

He owes everyone mentioned here an apology. So why does this one make me feel so sick?

Perhaps some crimes are so horrible and some betrayals so great that the perpetrator loses the right to mention the victim's name, even in apology.

Perhaps it is only that no apology could ever be enough, so offering one up in such self-serving circumstances seems like yet another betrayal to a tiny person who has already been so brutally betrayed.

Perhaps it is the begrudging nature of the apology itself. This monster can't bring himself to fully accept responsibility for his abominable behavior even when his own life and eventual freedom depend upon him doing so.

Here is my letter for Ebron:

"Nobody dreams that this will ever happen to them..."

Most 10-year-olds would know that beating, abusing, neglecting, or confining a toddler unsupervised in an inherently dangerous area are all actions that carry a high risk for tragedy.

"...or knows exactly how they would react if it does..."

We can't ever know for sure if our characters will withstand a test. That's why people who value integrity and the other qualities that define us as human beings spend our lives practising what we believe in and working to develop the sort of strength of character that will see us through the crises and catastrophes that inevitably come our way.

In your case, you never bothered to even learn to handle life's small frustrations - lack of money, a cranky child, relationship issues - with courage and integrity. How different would your life, the lives of your children and, most of all, the life of little Lonzie have been if you had only learned a little self-restraint and a little courage?

"...to Lonzie Arin Ray Barton- we failed to provide you the care you needed..."

You did. It would have taken so little. But you failed to reach out and make the effort that would have prevented so much pain and suffering in this child's life. What if you had? Think of the legacy you would have left to future generations: One child who was nurtured and encouraged to bloom, who would have grown up to nurture and encourage his own children and to pass it on from generation to generation in an ever-widening ripple of positivity coming directly from you.

Imagine for one moment how that would have felt. Now forget it, before the reality of your own squandered potential become as real and as agonizing to you as Lonzie's lost potential is to the rest of us.

"...and I failed to protect you from the harm of others."

Too bad you couldn't take the responsibility for your own actions here, just this once, and admit that you failed to protect Lonzie from harm at your own hands. If you had, then there might have been an infinitely small chance that a man would emerge from those prison walls two decades from now. Just one more opportunity squandered.

"You've touched so many lives but were taken from us too soon."

You took him. His mother helped, to be sure, but we are standing on your side of the street right now. You are responsible for what happens here on your watch, and you took him from us. You took him from himself.

You could have been this essentially motherless child's salvation. Instead, you were his destruction.

You are still alive. You will have countless more opportunities to cultivate good or to ignore evil. To reach out a helping hand or aim a disabling kick. If you are truly sorry, make yourself a living monument to Lonzie. Forge a strong, decent human being from the wreckage you currently are, and silently honor this innocent's memory every day of your life through your behavior.

I dare you.

He owes everyone mentioned here an apology. So why does this one make me feel so sick?

Perhaps some crimes are so horrible and some betrayals so great that the perpetrator loses the right to mention the victim's name, even in apology.

Perhaps it is only that no apology could ever be enough, so offering one up in such self-serving circumstances seems like yet another betrayal to a tiny person who has already been so brutally betrayed.

Perhaps it is the begrudging nature of the apology itself. This monster can't bring himself to fully accept responsibility for his abominable behavior even when his own life and eventual freedom depend upon him doing so.

Here is my letter for Ebron:

"Nobody dreams that this will ever happen to them..."

Most 10-year-olds would know that beating, abusing, neglecting, or confining a toddler unsupervised in an inherently dangerous area are all actions that carry a high risk for tragedy.

"...or knows exactly how they would react if it does..."

We can't ever know for sure if our characters will withstand a test. That's why people who value integrity and the other qualities that define us as human beings spend our lives practising what we believe in and working to develop the sort of strength of character that will see us through the crises and catastrophes that inevitably come our way.

In your case, you never bothered to even learn to handle life's small frustrations - lack of money, a cranky child, relationship issues - with courage and integrity. How different would your life, the lives of your children and, most of all, the life of little Lonzie have been if you had only learned a little self-restraint and a little courage?

"...to Lonzie Arin Ray Barton- we failed to provide you the care you needed..."

You did. It would have taken so little. But you failed to reach out and make the effort that would have prevented so much pain and suffering in this child's life. What if you had? Think of the legacy you would have left to future generations: One child who was nurtured and encouraged to bloom, who would have grown up to nurture and encourage his own children and to pass it on from generation to generation in an ever-widening ripple of positivity coming directly from you.

Imagine for one moment how that would have felt. Now forget it, before the reality of your own squandered potential become as real and as agonizing to you as Lonzie's lost potential is to the rest of us.

"...and I failed to protect you from the harm of others."

Too bad you couldn't take the responsibility for your own actions here, just this once, and admit that you failed to protect Lonzie from harm at your own hands. If you had, then there might have been an infinitely small chance that a man would emerge from those prison walls two decades from now. Just one more opportunity squandered.

"You've touched so many lives but were taken from us too soon."

You took him. His mother helped, to be sure, but we are standing on your side of the street right now. You are responsible for what happens here on your watch, and you took him from us. You took him from himself.

You could have been this essentially motherless child's salvation. Instead, you were his destruction.

You are still alive. You will have countless more opportunities to cultivate good or to ignore evil. To reach out a helping hand or aim a disabling kick. If you are truly sorry, make yourself a living monument to Lonzie. Forge a strong, decent human being from the wreckage you currently are, and silently honor this innocent's memory every day of your life through your behavior.

I dare you.

I want to print this out and send it to him but I don't have a printer. Seriously, I'll pay postage. @rod2pop maybe?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Do we want him to know it's coming from DD? Or just send the letter anonymously?

Thanks for the help. Do we want him to know it's coming from DD? Or just send the letter anonymously?
I just provided the requested information. I dont want/need to be part of any communication with any inmate, not even under my screen name.
;)

Last edited:
I might be totally wrong but a inmates mail has to have a sender name on it ..?? I know they have certain rules and for some reason I think that might be 1 of them..

I think "I dare you" is correct, @LurkinLion is daring him to try to do all the things that are mentioned in the last paragraph.

I might be totally wrong but a inmates mail has to have a sender name on it ..?? I know they have certain rules and for some reason I think that might be 1 of them..

Use my name then, I don't care. Just don't name the site.
[doublepost=1454884466,1454884430][/doublepost]
At the end of the letter did you mean "How dare you"? just wanted to point it out you said you were going to print the letter out.

Cubby got it right.
[doublepost=1454884573][/doublepost]
Hmmm. So maybe I will hand deliver it? Lol

Or this. Send it to her and she can hand deliver it.

Meh, I'll just use a phony name & return address that's local to me.
It's likely that he will not get it, then. That is a huge red flag to the jail staff, regardless of what the letter says and them not finding contraband.
They'll ask him if that name is known to him, when he says no, they'll tape it and stamp return to sender on it.

I used to write to an inmate some time ago, and until my first letter she didn't know who I was...how would they know if my return address was legit or not? Aside from asking him? And don't fuckers like him get all sorts of mail from dumb bitches across the country who want to jump on his 15 minutes of fame?

So what else should I do?

Back