• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Javier, 25, in the 2012 murder of Hansell Arias in a McDonald's parking lot, after receiving several eyewitness accounts clearing him, wrote new DA Darcel Clark in a statement Friday afternoon.

"Our duty as prosecutors is to do justice, and since I am not convinced that the identification of Mr. Enger as the perpetrator is correct in light of these recent statements by the witnesses and other evidence that we reviewed, this indictment must be dismissed," Clark said.

Charges are expected to be formally tossed later this month.

Javier, reached by phone by the Daily News, was ecstatic to hear the news. He said he had not heard from the DA’s office about the decision their plans.

"I just feel this release. I just thank God that we have justice," he said.

Javier was held at Rikers Island for two years after the killing, but the court released him with an ankle bracelet in 2014 only after a test proved that it was not his DNA found under the victim's fingernails.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/man-held-rikers-2-years-not-charged-article-1.2522161

Just as cops have the "thin blue line," the DA's & prosecutors have their "thin pinstripe line." In a lot of ways they are much worse than the cops in the aspect of covering each others' asses. An ADA may hold political aspirations and may feel the need to cover for those he will eventually tap for support.

Because their careers are tied to the win/loss record, this kind of abuse is easy to see happening. They knew they had a dog on their hands, they just needed it to be iced until someone moved up, or, on to better things away from the DA's office.

Just as cops have the "thin blue line," the DA's & prosecutors have their "thin pinstripe line." In a lot of ways they are much worse than the cops in the aspect of covering each others' asses. An ADA may hold political aspirations and may feel the need to cover for those he will eventually tap for support.

Because their careers are tied to the win/loss record, this kind of abuse is easy to see happening. They knew they had a dog on their hands, they just needed it to be iced until someone moved up, or, on to better things away from the DA's office.

*wild applause!!!!* Can I have a haymen?

At least once in life, I think everyone should pick a local (or reasonably local) violent crime case and go sit in on it. It's better than the Ice Capades and Barnum & Bailey's put together with more kangaroos.

The exact reason I'll never be pro DP even though I'm pro DP done right.

Back