• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
dwqvd4.jpg

Photo taken 3 years ago. He would be
celebrating his 17th birthday Sunday but
instead, he's facing 2 murder charges for
allegedly shooting and killing his parents.
A 16-year-old boy from Panola County is accused of shooting and killing his father and stepmother at their home east of Como.

Matthew Ryan Jacobs is charged with two counts of murder after the shootings Wednesday.
[...]

Interim Sheriff Otis Griffin says 42-year-old Tommy Jacobs and 30-year-old Chrystal Jacobs were shot in the head while sleeping in their bed.

Griffin says Matthew Jacobs apparently suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the hand and drove himself to the hospital in Senatobia.
[...]

His stepmother died in the home. His father died Thursday afternoon at The Med.

Since the suspect is now in Tennessee, he will have to go to court there before being sent back to Mississippi to face the murder charges.

The sheriff says investigators are still looking into why the teen shot his parents, but he adds it may have been a discipline issue.
http://www.wtva.com/news/local/stor...h-killing-parents/0dz7TcsAK0S8P952lqTlrg.cspx
Family and friends are still shocked that the 16-year old who used to get straight A's and who they describe as smart and quiet is charged with such a heinous crime.
[...]

A family friend, who was staying with the Jacobs in this double wide on Paul White Road east of Como, Mississippi, called 911 around 4:00 a.m. Wednesday.

"She heard a thump like something hit the ground then heard a car take off at a high rate of speed," said Ottis. "She went up and checked and discovered two bodies lying in the bed."

The sheriff said the 16-year old shot his step-mother once in the head and his father twice, once in the shoulder and once in the head.
[...]

Family members said in the last year, Jacobs got caught up with the wrong crowd. He recently ran away for several days and last week, a judge ordered him on house arrest.

The sheriff isn't saying what led to the murder other than it may have been a discipline issue. The sheriff said they had been called to the home twice this year, for minor disturbances like arguing between Jacobs and his family, but nothing serious.
[...]
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/070210-16-year-old-charged-with-killing-parents

you know this caught up with wrong crowd crap always gets me going
I realize i may be with the minority on this one but i dont buy the wrong crowd story. No matter what type of company you keep you still have your own mind, your own morals, and your own views of what is right or wrong. Ultimatley your actions are your own choice no matter who your friends are.

you know this caught up with wrong crowd crap always gets me going
I realize i may be with the minority on this one but i dont buy the wrong crowd story. No matter what type of company you keep you still have your own mind, your own morals, and your own views of what is right or wrong. Ultimatley your actions are your own choice no matter who your friends are.

As true as your statement is, there are factors involved that some forget to take into account.

At his age, the boy is beginning to not only look like but think like a man. He is flexing his intellectual muscle and pushing back at the boundaries that have held him in check for so long- striving for greater independence. The old line "Because I told you to" no longer holds the power over the child that it used to. "Don't ask why, just do it" elicits a rebelious reaction rather than the previous "yes mother" that it used to effect. Parents with an understanding of this psychological shift can curb the rebllion by moving the boundaries to a new comfort limit, e.g. later curfews, more freedom outside the home, etc. It is possible to give more independence while still keeping a semblance of parental control.

Now, add into this volatile concoction the outside negative influence of "bad company" and the tug of war inside the child is increased. He sees in them the kind of rebellious freedom he wants or desires and learns from them the not-so-effective ways of achieving it. He is emboldened by their talk and stories. He wants to feel included and accepted by who he now sees as those who truely "understand" him. His hero worship shifts from his parents of his younger years to the peers of his teen years. It only takes one bad apple with careless or non-existent parents to "infect" many others.

The decline in grades shows a lack of interest in pursuing the goals his parents have pushed him towards (aggressively or not doesn't matter). The physical aspect of the "rebellious nature" is demonstrated in his running away from home. He was gone for 36hrs, but I bet he would have been gone longer if given the chance. It was his first taste of real freedom and he liked it. Otherwise he would not have been gone so long. In these two acts he has broken/rejected both the psychological and physical holds the parents had over him.

Not knowing exactly what transpired between him and his parents after the house arrest was imposed, I can only guess that the "ton of bricks" method was used and the boy snapped. He'd had enough. His parents, once his protectors and nuturers, became the visage of all that he hated in the world, and he fought back one more time hoping to regain that taste of freedom.

DO NOT misunderstand me...I am not excusing his monstrous and criminal actions. I hope he sees that face of Justice and weeps like a little baby. I am simply trying to give some possible insight into the nature of teenage boys.

I, too, was more rebellious than some. By 15yrs I had run away three times and attempted suicide twice. Why? Back then I would have told you the pressure for good grades and what I percieved as overbearing parents drove me to it. Today, 25 yrs later, I can honestly say it was all in my head. My perceptions were outragiously skewed by the chemical chaos going on in my adolescent head. Teen years are incredibly dangerous and tough for most boys. The desire to break free is sometimes all-consuming. And, unlike this boy, I was a loner. I couldn't give a damn what others were doing. Imagine, if I had, where I might be today (not typing this I'll bet ya').

Runecire, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Please don't get me wrong, there is NO excuse for what he did, but he is still a teenager and I highly doubt he could forsee the long term consquences of what he's done. There are teens that should be punished as adults, and while I don't adovcate slaps on the hand, the adult time for adult crime thing really doesn't work in the long run when it comes to teens and the criminal justice system.
Teenagers live in the moment and often act on impulse. Yes, they know certain things are wrong, but they fail to apperciate the long term consquences of their actions. Throw in the fact many of them think they're indestructable and you'll see why the "sending a message" phrase so many like to trot out doesn't work.
He will be punished , and he will realize (unless he's a sociopath) how he destroyed the lives of so many people, how he killed two people who loved him in cold blood, and whatever freedom he thought he was going to get..is never going to happen. He thought of point A to point B... but nothing beyond that.

There are teens that should be punished as adults, and while I don't adovcate slaps on the hand, the adult time for adult crime thing really doesn't work in the long run when it comes to teens and the criminal justice system.
Teenagers live in the moment and often act on impulse. Yes, they know certain things are wrong, but they fail to apperciate the long term consquences of their actions.

I get what you're saying ninja, in my opinion it is exactly that. You do the crime, you do the time. Whether he realises his lunacy in a year or two doesn't make me sympathize with him. His father and step-mother won't be around to benefit from his possible clarity.

Insanity plea doesn't fly with me either. Fine, if you murder someone and considered insane, you get locked up in an institution for the rest of your life. You fuck up as a teenager, who is definitely old enough to know what dead is, then you pay for those crimes with your life behind bars.

The only way I would consider being lenient in a situation like that would be if severe abuse was happening and you were afraid for your life, or it was self-defence. We don't know all the details on this one yet, but it doesn't sound like that is the case, here.

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong, there are many cases where I felt adult punishment was too harsh. In cases like this though, he will get clarity at some point...but too little too late. He murdered two people because he thought he would have ultimate freedom.
Now he's going to learn the hard way just how much freedom he had,and whatever hell he thought he was in, is going to be much much worse for the rest of his life in prison.

dwqvd4.jpg

Photo taken 3 years ago. He would be
celebrating his 17th birthday Sunday but
instead, he's facing 2 murder charges for
allegedly shooting and killing his parents.
http://www.wtva.com/news/local/stor...h-killing-parents/0dz7TcsAK0S8P952lqTlrg.cspx
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/070210-16-year-old-charged-with-killing-parents

I remember Matthew. We went to school together. He was such a hard working student! He would always tease me about missing school. He was so smart and funny. He was truly kind and caring of others. I remember he lived down the road from me on lyles rd. he would often come by with his friends. I remember he began to hang out with the wrong crowd and was acting out of character . To this day I am still so sad he has chose this path. He had the world in his hands, & the futue for him looked so bright. This breaks my heart.

Scary he only got 40 years. This piece of shit should never see freedom again. He'll still be relatively young, young enough to victimize more people, when he gets out.

I get that teenagers can get wrapped up in alot of stuff because they are following the crowd and I can see it as an explanation of some behaviors, But at 16 I just can't see murder as being one of them. At 16 you know murder is wrong.

I'm always surprised by these stories, since i figure you'd have to really hate your parents to kill them...and for that, they'd have to be really abusive or something. And nearly every time, they're always described the opposite---good kid, nice family. Not always, but usually. Sad.

I don't think anyone should be easy on him. We raised a son. Not one time did he act like he was going to kill us. If his behavior changed becauae of who he hung out with, it was on him, no one else.

Wrong crowd my ass. 16 years of presumably knowing that murdering your parents is wrong - and that all flies out the window because you start hanging out with the wrong crowd?

Bullshit. I call bullshit. All day long.

At 16, the brain is still growing (its not til 20-21, that a male's brain has fully matured and thus, fully cognizant of consequences for actions) and this often displays with poor impulse control, issues with delayed gratification and understanding consequences for actions.

Now that's reasonable, in the context of a 16 year old who gets behind the wheel of his Dad's car, piles his friends into the backseat and goes joyriding and smashes the car. He STILL knows its wrong - but he feels 'invincible'. Nothing bad will happen to HIM, no one will get hurt, the car won't crash, they won't get into hot water - but he still knows - what he is doing is bad, illegal, wrong and risky. In short, he may not be capable of grasping and detailing the potential consequences - but he knows he shouldn't do this - immaturity let's him fuck around and be arrogant and think it 'surely won't happen to me'.

But this is the context of making a stupid decision. Its a world apart from taking a gun from your father - and using it to shoot both him and your stepmother in the head - with the intent of killing them.

Not only does he KNOW its wrong, but its illegal and he will be punished severely. He also KNOWS that they will die - never be around ever again. He may have an immature brain - but he's had 16 years of learning, DO NOT MURDER. Its a pretty basic rule, honestly.

This kid has murdered twice. He has also destroyed his entire life - and he has broken the hearts and irrevocably changed the lives of every person who knew and loved the victims. Unless he genuinely has a major mental health condition which has prevented him from genuinely understanding MURDER IS WRONG over the past 16 years, then he is fully capable of being held to account for his actions.

Don't go blaming the wrong crowd. He's an evil little shit, plain and simple.

Back