• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Is it

• Abuse

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Sevens My Charm

Ruler of Minions.. and Degenerates..
2e4zpdj.png

ODESSA, Texas (KMID)

An Odessa mother is behind bars following the death her 9-year-old son.

On January 25, 9-year-old Yram Levario was diagnosed with Hirschsprung's Disease at ORMC and then to Covenant Hospital in Lubbock. Two days later, the Odessa Police Department was notified of the child's death.

According to the affidavit, the boy had not had a bowel movement in four weeks. his abdomen was so swollen that his abdomen's circumference was equal to the victim's height.

ORMC Medical records reveal the boys mother, Michelle Levario, was distant and did not seem caring for her son. Medical staff noted that Levario refused to clean the child following a bowel movement, by stating "he's fine, he doesn't want to be changed."

OPD executed a search warrant at the child's house in the 1800 block of North Muskingum and investigation revealed the mother failed to provide the child with necessary medical care prior to his death.

Levario has two biological sons and was fostering four additional children.

According to the police report, Levario's house hadn't been cleaned in a while and a large gas pipe was sticking out of the floor in the hallway. The bedrooms were dirty and unkept, and one of the children's rooms had mice droppings inside. The bathroom had black mold and dirt on the shower walls and all electrical outlets in the house were exposed.

The water heater had exposed wiring both the front and rear door of the house were damaged beyond the point that they could not be securely locked. Investigators also also found raw sewage on the side of the house that was coming from a bathroom toilet.

The condition of the house was in such poor condition that any of the children could have been seriously injured.

Forensic interviews were conducted with the siblings to the victim and they made stated the victim was defecating blood and that Levario became angry with him every time he would accidentally defecate on himself.

Michelle Levario was placed into custody this morning and is charged with Injury to a Child "1st Degree Felony" and six counts of Endangering a Child "2nd Degree felony".

http://www.myeasttex.com/news/local-news/mother-arrested-after-death-of-9-year-old-son

1. He hadn't had a bowel movement in 4 weeks.

2. He bled while messing himself to which she would get mad instead of being motherly and telling him it's ok and bringing him into the ER!

3. She didn't clean him up after his accidents.

4. She didn't seek medical attention for him.

5. Her house was in dangerous and dirty and could have caused him to get hurt.

6. He died as a result of her stupidity. If she had taken him to the dr., he possibly could have been ok.

Abuse...plain and simple.

Little guy sees doctor and two days later is dead. Was he not admitted to the hospital? If he was sent home to die I think both the mother and Doctor should be charged with murder.

Hirschsprung's disease

Hirschsprung's disease is a blockage of the large intestine. It occurs due to poor muscle movement in the bowel. It is a congenital condition, which means it is present from birth.

Causes

Muscle contractions in the gut help digested foods and liquids move through the intestine. This is called peristalsis. Nerves between the muscle layers trigger the contractions.

In Hirschsprung's disease, the nerves are missing from a part of the bowel. Areas without these nerves cannot push material through. This causes a blockage. Intestinal contents build up behind the blockage. The bowel and abdomen swell as a result.

Hirschsprung's disease causes about 25% of all newborn intestinal blockages. It occurs five times more often in males than in females. Hirschsprung's disease is sometimes linked to other inherited or congenital conditions, such as Down syndrome.

I know that blockage, obstruction of the bowel can be extremely painful and it seems her son would be in agony with that kind of swelling being to the point of almost bursting if his circumference was equal to his height. If your child had a bowel movement would you tell the nurse he didn't want to be changed? My bet is they ignored her and changed her son anyway!

Little guy sees doctor and two days later is dead. Was he not admitted to the hospital? If he was sent home to die I think both the mother and Doctor should be charged with murder.

That's what I don't understand. His stomach had to be swollen when he went to see the doctor. Did the doctor try to admit him, but the mother refused?

I'm so confused. The only way I know of that they can remove a blockage is through surgery.

That article is a bit confusing about where he was, found another that indicated Yram didn't leave the hospital

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Od...et-Son-Medical-Help-Child-Dies-367712481.html

I assume the staff notified the police of his death.

Ok thanks. That makes a lot more sense.

I've monitored dogs having surgery to remove foreign objects. If the object is there long enough, blood flow is constricted, and the tissues around the area begin to necrose. I wonder if this kid had an internal strangulation of sorts, and it was too late to save him :(

Why, why, whhhhhhhhhhhy?!

Because she is a piece of shit. Why ruin just two lives when you can ruin six? :mad:

Well this can't possibly be true!!! .. She has 4 foster kids which meant CP'S would have been in and out of her house doing surprise safety..wellness check ups.:sarcasm:...

Way to go CPS ..keeping our kids safe :rage:

I really want to know about kids in foster homes...
Are they placed there and never get checked on...?? Unless someone makes a complaint?
Kids in foster homes that are older.. do they have a resource/ contact number of someone if they feel that they need to get help?
I'm sorry if these questions are ignorant but I really don't have a clue. All I know is the sadness I feel for these kids that for some reason aren't with their biological parents and these "fosters" are supposed to provide support.

ETA: I know there are a lot of foster parents that are awesome.

I really want to know about kids in foster homes...
Are they placed there and never get checked on...?? Unless someone makes a complaint?
Kids in foster homes that are older.. do they have a resource/ contact number of someone if they feel that they need to get help?
I'm sorry if these questions are ignorant but I really don't have a clue. All I know is the sadness I feel for these kids that for some reason aren't with their biological parents and these "fosters" are supposed to provide support.

ETA: I know there are a lot of foster parents that are awesome.
We are given a contact number, to our Social Worker. Who encourages us to "work through it", "give it a chance". Unless we are bleeding severly or violently raped. CPS will be " working on a new "home"."

We are given a contact number, to our Social Worker. Who encourages us to "work through it", "give it a chance". Unless we are bleeding severly or violently raped. CPS will be " working on a new "home"."

Not sure what other state regs are for foster care, and I've been out of the loop for the last five years, but @Coppereyes is correct about fosters being given their social worker's cards and the requisite quote is dead on.

As a previous foster and someone who's worked in the system, they're so desperate for foster care homes all she had to do was clean up the place enough to pass the initial inspection then it's up to the social worker's who're required to do well checks/home visits as per their state SOP to report any suspicious/unfit conditions. IME, after 29 placements from 12-17 including foster homes, I saw two different social workers exactly one time each. Period.

Idk how often they're required to do a physical check in TX (I'm guessing every three months and "as needed"), but I will tell you from experience some (not all) social workers lie and fill out their home visit reports without ever laying eyes on the child, without so much as a phone call. They make up all the right info about the health and well-being of the child and condition of the home. They even make up statement quotes from dialogues they never had with the children.

And, as Coppereyes said, when they say they're "working on a new home", unless you have to have medical treatment for any kind of abuse/neglect (has to be severe before some FPs will take you in b/c they want to hide it), it may take a good six months easy to find that "new home."

Ignorance means you simply don't know. Abuse means that you knew and either didn't care or enjoyed suffering.

This woman is an abuser, and I hope she never has any kids in her custody again, including her own.

Back